AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Head Coach talk 2015 and 2016 and beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
“I have a fondness for Coaches who give a certain style to the team. In Italy there are only four or five who are good strategists and give their team an impression.

“All the others are just tacticians. Sarri has shown that he knows how to give his teams a style, an identity. Sarri at Juventus would be a major revolution.”

The above quote is from Sacchi. Sarri (or someone like him) should be our biggest investment this summer. It sure as hell will be the most important. We need to build something that will last years. Look at Napoli....still bearing the fruits of Sarri's set up and will continue to do so.
" We need to build something that will last years. Look at Napoli....still bearing the fruits of Sarri's set up and will continue to do so".

Walter mazzari set up not Maurizio sarri
(05-30-2019, 02:06 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]“I have a fondness for Coaches who give a certain style to the team. In Italy there are only four or five who are good strategists and give their team an impression.

“All the others are just tacticians. Sarri has shown that he knows how to give his teams a style, an identity. Sarri at Juventus would be a major revolution.”

The above quote is from Sacchi. Sarri (or someone like him) should be our biggest investment this summer. It sure as hell will be the most important. We need to build something that will last years. Look at Napoli....still bearing the fruits of Sarri's set up and will continue to do so.

What makes this whole situation depressing is that there are top coaches available this year, like Sarri or Conte. I blame our management that they did not go all in for one of those, instead prefer to gamble with cheap solutions again. Well at least the good old argument 'no one better was available' will not work this time.
" What makes this whole situation depressing is that there are top coaches available this year, like Sarri or Conte. I blame our management that they did not go all in for one of those, instead prefer to gamble with cheap solutions again. Well at least the good old argument 'no one better was available' will not work this time".

allegri was contacted
https://www.calciomercato.com/news/il-me...-la--68573

The market shares of Naples Ancelotti and De Laurentiis: winless can leave next summer

Welcome back Carlo Ancelotti with arms wide open ... this summer baby your transfer budget senseless ... CONFLICT HAPPENING YEEEEEEEES
(05-30-2019, 01:48 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Not really. But I want someone that's attacking minded and demands play at a high pace with aggression when pressing. In other words, I want to be entertained. I'm so tired of watching Milan games where we create nothing, don't press, play at a turtle's pace, worried about ooints rather then just taking the game to opponents no matter who they are. I'm tired of basically falling asleep when Milan is playing. If we are not going to win titles, then at least get a coach with balls....example being the Ajax coach. Those players had no fear. They played at such high intensity in every game. People talk about their players and how good they are....but let's be real. Half of them are young "undeveloped" kids and the other half are rejects (Blind/Tadic). The coach made the difference. No fear, no bullshit. 

Look at Gasperini. Atalanta presses like crazy. They attack, attack, attack...both when they have the ball and when they don't. It's no coincidence they've done so well. Italy has not seen anything like that. This slow and overly tactically and defensively oriented league has been shocked in recent times by the likes of Sarri and now Gasperini. All of a sudden people realize that football like this can actually bear fruit in Italy. It doesn't all have to be slow as shit and defend in front of your own box type of football.

This is what I want. Inzaghi does not bring that. It's more of the same. More of your old typical Italian mentality which has now not worked for AGES!

Really, if they want to work with youth, why not sign the Ajax coach? I suspect he would cost a lot compared to the list of averages.
https://app.football-italia.net/#article...u=news-all

Ancelotti: Naples could be nicer...

excellet. come to milan
Inzaghi declined extension, we've offered four-year contract
4 years is long. It's going to be huuuuge compensation when fired before next season ends.
(05-30-2019, 06:30 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Inzaghi declined extension, we've offered four-year contract

rumor not trustworthy news