AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Head Coach talk 2015 and 2016 and beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.football-italia.net/113471/mo...k%E2%80%99

This guy is hilarious Big Grin

Montella: ‘Didn’t expect Milan sack’
(11-28-2017, 10:30 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]While true at this point, it's hard to judge when most of us have probably never really followed his coaching career. I know I can't say anything much about Rino's coaching career other than bits and pieces we see on youtube and generally knowing what results he's had. He's a very young coach and the clubs he's been at have been in turmoil everytime, so it's hard to know whether he's even capable if given a stable environment.

On Zidane, his situation is different because not only did he start in a club where he's a legend, but he was given the most competitive side in the world at the time. He wasn't pushed through either, having served as Ancelotti's assistant prior to taking over as head coach.

Simply put, Zidane was given a far more favourable situation to take over than anything what Gattuso has had since starting as a coach. However, let's not totally rule Rino out straight away, often less talented players make great coaches. I don't know what will happen and have zero expectations, but I'm prepared to give Rino a chance now that he's in.

I would be happy if we got Ancelotti and Gattuso would be his assistant. That would make sense...
General Gattuso

That is all
Dont write him off yet. I know he doesnt have the best record, but who knows. the guy might actually do better than Montella. Also he is jus a temp for six months. So sit back and jus see what happens now. Benevento game will be very interesting.
Im hoping he turns into our Simeone , similar player I think cant remember much of Simeone for some reason.He bounced around Racing Club ,Estudientes ,River ,San Lorenzo , Catania , Racing again without making much of an impact.6 jobs in 4 years then took over Atletico.
Thats what Im hoping, but Im fearing it will be just like Brocchi and as the results dont come he'll get more annoyed and react as he has in the past.

I'll wait to see how it goes , Im not condemning him but I dont have a good feeling.
Big Grin

Let's hope for that Big Grin
Love that he said something along the lines of "I told the players not to take it to heart if I say something harsh" in his press conference lol.

tbh, he generally said all the right things for me in the press conference. Confirming 3-4-? as the system is similar to what I said about not totally changing Montella's system and his focus on players playing for teammates and as he did as a player is pretty much exactly what I called for yesterday.

He also responded to comments about his grit and lack of tactics in an eloquent way, by commenting on how to earn his badge it was much more than just grit. On his approach, it's certainly pleasing to hear he's talking about being more direct than Montella, I've been getting sick of watching defenders pass the ball aimlessly at the back.

Obviously the proof's in the pudding and ultimately it's what he shows week in week out that counts.
I agree with your points, Dev and everybody, but goalies and defenders overdoing short square passes is not really a Montella thing, it's a more Italian thing. Being more vertical needs an approach that is more than just tactics, it's a mindset thing, in my opinion. We will see if Gattuso can do better on that.
Ok, I will warn people, this is a rant (and will contain profanity) so if you're not interested, please skip this post...

I'm sick and tired of these so called experts making snap judgments about Milan and Gattuso and pulling opinions out of the arse without any research. Some of the bs doing my head in includes:

1) The club spent poorly in the market
2) The management should be blamed as much as Montella and the players
3) The expectation of the club is too high
4) Gattuso is not fit to lead the club
5) Gattuso is all grinta and no tactics
6) Gattuso is a bad coach based on his history so far

Now, I'm not saying all of this is untrue, I'm saying assumptions are being made without anyone backing up their points with any positive arguments. In response to these, I keep thinking the following:

1) The same ass wipes bitching about the summer spending now were sucking Fassone and Mirabelli's cocks back in the summer. Results go sour, so suddenly the hype turns into hate. BS, good players were purchased in the summer and there is a lot of potential in the club right now. Just because Montella failed to get the results from them doesn't mean they're suddenly shit.
2) The management have their faults as do all, but they aren't the ones sending the players out on the pitch or playing, so putting their backs against the wall now is unfair. If anything, they've continued to act professionally and with dignity in their respective roles. They have to take some responsibility, but they certainly aren't the reason we're midtable.
3) Utter bollocks. The club spent 200m+ to try and achieve a top 4 finish and we're not even in touching distance and not even past November. That's under performing however one looks at it, the expectation of top 4 is totally realistic.
4) This one pisses me off on the basis that 99% of people suggesting this probably haven't even watched 3 matches of a Gattuso led side. They're going off of the basis of his track record as a manager and often confuse difficult situations at clubs (all of the club's he's been involved with have had financial problems, possibly including Milan) with Rino being difficult. The guy is being hung without even getting a trial yet. Piss off and actually wait to see what he actually does first!
5) Pretty much as point 4, who out of those saying this can actually say they've extensively followed Gattuso's career thus far? 
6) Again, point 4 answers this.

What really pisses me off with the reactions to Gattuso's appointment is everyone judges the guy based on his appearance and demeanor rather than his ability. It was the same shit show when he broke through as a player. Everyone saw a guy running like mad and assumed he was all heart and no ability. The guy turned out to be one of the greatest ball winners of all time. He wasn't technically gifted, but he sure as well wasn't a technically limited player either, his lack of technical quality was highlighted because of the players around him (2 freaking ballon d'or winners, possibly the best regista ever, one of the greatest dutch players ever and 2 of the most technically gifted defenders of all time). Even now, highlight clips of Gattuso on Youtube are just infuriating, showing some of his worst moments as a player and the moments he did lose his discipline rather than his quality as a player and ball winner. It's nothing short of shit showing that, seeing as part of the reason he was so fucking good was he was disciplined and most of the time played fairly, even if hard. His moments of ill discipline were more common towards the end of his career as a player, when physically he was slowing down and struggling to keep up with other younger players. The shitty Youtube videos totally miss the point of what Rino's game was all about.

What I'm trying to say is these fucking clowns (mostly those in the press who are supposedly experts) are forming opinions on what Rino will do without actually doing any fucking homework first. I'll openly admit I'm one of those who hasn't seen much of sides he's coached beyond a few clips here and there, but at the same time I'm not running my mouth saying he's going to flop or be a star without anything to back up that argument. I'm pissed off we live in a shit hole of a world where anyone who shouts loud enough can make a point appear as fact when most of what they say is beyond bullshit.

End rant. Sorry for anyone offended, Reza please feel free to edit if necessary.