AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Women World Cup 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just realised that we don't have this thread.

I can't really post pictures from my phone, but visiting Canada at this time is very exciting. And some good football is played!

Is anyone else watching?
I've seen bits and pieces. The women's game is often undervalued among mainstream and European fans, but the technical qualities on show are excellent at times. It's an interesting time too in women's football, as traditional powerhouses remain, such as the US, but now it's much better balanced and there's less focus on physical strength and power, as was evidenced by Japan's success last time.

Germany look extremely strong this time round from what I understand.
China is in it, but but unfortunately I haven't watched either of their games so far. We have one loss (0-1, last minute penalty to Canada) and one win (1-0, last minute goal against Holland). I haven't been busy and tired these days, and for the little time I have, I would just check if Milan have signed anyone yet. So far we have got Ely!!! :d

All I have watched was the second half between Sweden and Nigeria. Entertaining game. Smile I may pick a few to watch when the tournament is in the advanced stage.
China played really good against the Netherlands. They dominated the whole game and fully deserved to win.
Thanks. Glad to hear that. Okmilan

China women's team used to be a formidable force in the world of football. They are struggling now (for several years now) simply because they don't have much financial support. Everyone in China watches only men's football and as a result guys make filthy amount of money, despite they suck big time. Poor ladies don't even get paid in time (their wage is probably only 1% of what guys make on average, that's my impression, and I think that is probably not too far from the truth), and when they travel, they don't live in nice hotel rooms and they eat crappy food even without nutrition.
(06-12-2015, 08:55 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen bits and pieces. The women's game is often undervalued among mainstream and European fans, but the technical qualities on show are excellent at times. It's an interesting time too in women's football, as traditional powerhouses remain, such as the US, but now it's much better balanced and there's less focus on physical strength and power, as was evidenced by Japan's success last time.

Germany look extremely strong this time round from what I understand.

"at times" is right. I think generally the teams are well set out and keep a good shape. I just find the play so slow and ponderous more often than not. It's like they take a second or two too long to make their final decision. That said, I did not see Germany play and they are the #1 team in the world.
That's fair, I don't think it's particularly a shock to say the women's game isn't as developed as the men's, nor will it likely ever be as fast paced as the men's game. However, it's been growing pretty well over the years and has earned respect among fans. Thing is, the scenario that Xu mentions about the Chinese team is a little extreme, but frankly most of the teams out there will be living in fairly average environments, not having the luxuries or benefits the men's teams do.
I actually like to watch women's football because there is more passion in it. You can really see that they enjoy the game, and not thinking about the money all the time. I guess that the best paid female player earns less annually than Rooney weekly.

So far I didn't go to a single men's game in London, but I watched London Bees. I don't want to pay 50 pounds for one match. It is not worth the money.
Japan have worked with quiet efficiency to be the first team to qualify from the group stages after beating Cameroon 2-1. Apparently it's the first time they've faced an African side at the World Cup.

It's interesting to see some of the scorelines. Germany beat Ivory Coast 10-0, Switzerland (I think) won 10-1 and Cameroon won a match 6-0.
Caught a bit of the French game today. Absolutely outclassed their opponents and scored a cracker of a long range shot to wrap everything up as well
Pages: 1 2 3