AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Primavera players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yea, but the primavera should never be about results. It's about player development (tactically and technically) and establishing guidelines/attitudes (and in some cases playing styles like Ajax/Barcelona) that are also followed at the senior level; therefore allowing for smoother transition from the youth level to the senior level.

Having sait that, i have not watched the primavera team at all nor have a followed the youth players closely to know how they are developing. Just saying, if he was fired based on results alone, we might as well close down our youth sector and not have it anymore.
I fundamentally agree with you that the Primavera should not be about results - but rather about developing players. But I can't help but think that with such a poor record, this particular group of players likely aren't that great.
(12-23-2018, 01:20 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, but the primavera should never be about results. It's about player development (tactically and technically) and establishing guidelines/attitudes (and in some cases playing styles like Ajax/Barcelona) that are also followed at the senior level; therefore allowing for smoother transition from the youth level to the senior level.

Having sait that, i have not watched the primavera team at all nor have a followed the youth players closely to know how they are developing. Just saying, if he was fired based on results alone, we might as well close down our youth sector and not have it anymore.

I definitely agree that we shouldn't rate a coach just on results alone. However I also think one of the most important attitudes/traits to develop is a winning mentality. If we're not winning games we're not really raising a group of champions, they'll be players that are accustomed to below acceptable results for a team like Milan. 
Ajax/Barcelona have also been two teams known to steadily dominate their leagues and cross league competitions for their youth sectors. 

With all that being said, there's a lot of justification in your point too. It depends on why exactly they fired him and the exact situation surrounding our Primavera. With players like Calabria, Cutrone, Donnarumma, Plizzari moving out of the Primavera it's not easy/overnight to rebuild a team. Just like our actual squad, we see how hard it is to put a team back together when you've lost your biggest pieces. It's a cruel challenge that every youth team faces, similar to what smaller clubs experience in the A Leagues. When they have a top player they don't stay for very long, so it's very hard to put together a team that will be steadily on top. 

Overall, I think results are important but if there was improvements they shouldn't have fired him. All I remember is seeing some highlights and I was actually impressed with what I was seeing in some matches. I can't say much more because I haven't followed closely enough.
C. Maldini scored an exceptional goal

https://youtu.be/aoUrcx3WZPY
It is D. Maldini.
Yeah, he has scored in 4 recent matches.

His style seems more similar to Kaka than Paqueta.

Maybe he could get some minutes in 1st team this season.
D.Maldini and Tsadjout have to get playing time with the first team.
D Maldini got his 1st call up to U18. Good progress ..
Relegated.