AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Milan's Financial Position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-23-2018, 11:40 PM)sylrus Wrote: [ -> ]If you say paying 10m not being payed on time is not trouble, idk what else to say, 10m in a world of football is peanuts money, and if you need to delay 3 times for that kind of money, sorry to say. We are in financial trouble imo.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

I don't think anybody is saying Li is actually filthy rich and can absolutely afford this operation. But him not paying his 10M capital increase in time is really a financing issue between him and Elliott. So long as his creditor, Elliott, does not have an issue with him not paying on time, UEFA certainly does not have any authority nor right to punish Milan for that. UEFA's primary and only responsibility is to ensure the club is in a healthy financial state, based on UEFA's standards, of course. And from that end, Milan has not had any issues paying player salaries, money owed to other clubs or any other financial obligation for that matter. That is why UEFA's punishment is complete and pure bullshit. We might not be in the greatest financial situation, but this UEFA punishment is based on speculation rather than hard core facts.
(06-23-2018, 11:40 PM)sylrus Wrote: [ -> ]If you say paying 10m not being payed on time is not trouble, idk what else to say, 10m in a world of football is peanuts money, and if you need to delay 3 times for that kind of money, sorry to say. We are in financial trouble imo.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Bro.. what i meant was.. that 10m was what Li himself owed Elliot.. that was between the Debtor and debt collector.. it had nothing to do with the club per se.. 32m capital injection to Milan that was suppose to be paid up by Li is the Clubs problem.. which makes it within UEFA's boundary.. but this issue came AFTER we were investigated.. they were Investigating to Penalise a *potential future* problem that has yet to happen.. which is ridiculous.. its like penalising every homeless person or drug addict for the potential of theft cases and not the actual crime..
But on PSG, they got outsmarted because Neymar bought himself out of his contract.. and Mbappe signing was an initial loan before being made permanent.. they are pissed because they are made to look stupid and helpless.. if they try anything on PSG, the Arabs will most likely take them to every single court available.. hence their pussy ass approach.. the only thing they could do after assesing PSG finances was to make them cough up 60m by end of this month.. even if PSG won every title it competes for, im still wondering how they are going to settle this same problem next year because of Mbappe's signing.. it will reflect on this years expenses
2 year UEFA ban incomming and a €30m fine.
That will kill the club.Players will want to leave , guys like Bonucci who may now never play in the UCL again.
Romagnoli who at this rate will be 27/28/29 if he stays.2 year ban and I doubt we'll suddenly be a shoe in for top 4 when the bans lifted.

What chances do Milan have with an appeal ? I mean UEFA are treating Milan harder than theyve treated all other clubs combined × 10
If we get sold again clearing the Elliot loan in the process, then we'll win the appeal. UEFA's problem with Milan is that of "going concern". A new owner will obviously fix that issue.

Also, newspapers are basically reporting the harshest fine Milan could POSSIBLY get. They make it seem like this IS the UEFA decision. It's deceiving journalism. We've known for a long time that the harshest penalty is that of 2 yrs ban and a fine.....but then again Sky reported a few days ago that both Milan and UEFA denied the 2 yr ban. If anything, it will be a 1 yr ban and the issue will be revisited in a year. BUT, papers keep running with the same story...2 yr ban and 30mil fine. That is NOT the penalty. That is the heaviest penalty we could possibly get. Hope i'm right, but i'm convinced that the penalty will be less severe than that. 

As for the penalty itself......I can understand the ban. I don't agree with it, but I get why you would punish a team like that. But the monetary fine??? How does that make ANY sense?? A club that's struggling financially will lose out on the EL/CL revenue and on top of that have to pay UEFA a fine??? How is that in any way helping that club?
(06-24-2018, 05:10 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]As for the penalty itself......I can understand the ban. I don't agree with it, but I get why you would punish a team like that. But the monetary fine??? How does that make ANY sense?? A club that's struggling financially will lose out on the EL/CL revenue and on top of that have to pay UEFA a fine??? How is that in any way helping that club?

It's helping UEFA
American businessman Rocco Commisso wants to buy 100% of Milan shares, but Yonghong Li does not want to depart the club completely. Further updates expected tonight (US time) and in case of a positive response Commisso will meet the Chinese in Wall Street to define the deal [Sky]
So Rosso or Rickett better?
(06-25-2018, 01:47 AM)edysim Wrote: [ -> ]So Rosso or Rickett better?

I have a bad feeling about Commisso.  Ricketts would be my ideal choice
The club put out an official statement yesterday

https://www.football-italia.net/123501/m...-rules-all

Seems like they're hoping that by basically going public that it will influence the UEFA decision. Basically, be transparent to put pressure on trying to get a fair judgement. Can't say I really blame them, beyond lack of knowledge on Yonghong Li's wealth, the club (which is supposedly what FFP is meant to be looking at) isn't in a terrible state and it's absurd it's gone this far already.

Edit: Here's the tweet:

https://twitter.com/acmilan/status/1010990526462603272

Can't say I'm a fan of the way the communicated this, a powerpoint presentation with unnecessarily dramatic music seems over the top. Would have been better just to have Fassone come on camera and speak.
It looked kinda bush league.It wont change anything.We'll be booted out today.If its for 2 years the club is dead.Player will ask to leave it will be 4 or 5 years before we could potentially see Milan in the UCL if that happened