AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Milan's Financial Position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From my understanding it's basically as slifersd said. As a club our financial situation isn't great but based on what's been said in the past, there are other clubs who have had settlement agreements with worse accounts.

Where the sticking point seems to be is the doubts around Yonghong Li and the loans from Elliot. Elliot have provided guarantees to keep the club afloat in the instance Li fails to pay his debts, but this alone offers little stability (especially knowing Elliot's track record).

From what I read yesterday from the Italian press, basically as far as UEFA are concerned, Yonghong Li might technically be owner, but really the club is in Elliot's hands and Elliot will be selling the club off to a new owner once this is formally confirmed. It's the unknown of our future that seems to have hurt us.

Many are blaming F&M about all of this and while they've been far from perfect in their first year managing the club, I'm not really sure how much influence they could have in this situation. This seems to come down to Yonghong Li and the doubts around his financial stability to run the club. I also agree with sliferd on UEFA need to clarify and put in place steps to try and avoid this type of situation.

Anyway, the way things are heading it seems a safe bet to assume Yonghong Li's set to lose the club with Elliot taking over. I'm actually starting to believe the rumours of Charlie Stillitano taking over weren't just rumours. At the time I said it was interesting, but if I'm correct I read he has links in Elliot, he's a friend of Roma's president (who I'm sure he's been watching during his time in Rome) and he's built up a lot of links to powerful people in the football world. He's also made some noise about his views on the European game (he's in favour of a European Super League) and I think he's been positioning himself to enter European football.

He's also a Milan fan with Rivera being his favourite player, and has worked with Maldini in the past (Maldini being an ambassador to the ICC competition Stillitano runs). Therefore, if he were to come, I wouldn't rule out important figures from our past joining him.
In the event that the loan is not repaid and Milan falls in the hands of Elliot. The club will be resold to the highest bidder. Currently there is strong interest from the US bank Goldman Sachs, as well as Stephen Ross (net worth 7.6 billion), who is the owner of Miami Dolphins.
(05-23-2018, 11:31 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]In the event that the loan is not repaid and Milan falls in the hands of Elliot. The club will be resold to the highest bidder. Currently there is strong interest from the US bank Goldman Sachs, as well as Stephen Ross (net worth 7.6 billion), who is the owner of Miami Dolphins.

Interesting, I think Ross works with Stillitano on ICC
(05-23-2018, 11:50 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, I think Ross works with Stillitano on ICC

That's correct
punishment from UEFA would be a blessing in disguise for us. final we will get to know how Lee is whether has money to run the club, and what his intentions are.
Fabrizio Biasin, through the Esquire portal, has published a long article that seeks to clarify the Milan-UEFA situation. Below is an excerpt of the main steps:

"For UEFA, Milan no longer belongs to Mr. Li. Milan but already Elliott, although informally, UEFA has not plotted any conspiracy against Milan, simply it is certain that Li will not be able to refinance the debt with Elliott in October, but Li does not run away, but doubles. He will not be able to pay off the debt would mean losing everything, Milan and its personal assets. This is a time of waiting for a stroke of luck, someone (another Chinese?) Face him temporarily another debt to pay off that with Elliott.
In the meantime, to ensure daily life at Milan, Li has already made other debts. One of these debts had to be settled months ago but Li did not succeed, some millions were missing, and this financial loan granted him an extension but raising interest rates to 24%.
What does this mean? That Li to keep alive Milan is being indebted to excess with rates of strangling. For Uefa this is equivalent to saying that Milan is no more than Li, but officially can not say because it has to wait for Elliott to finally come into possession of the Rossoneri.
From this it follows that Milan did not get the SA from the Uefa because every day that passes means more interests for Li, and the possible entry of other members is unthinkable because these other members have no interest in now entering Milan, rather they would have it from Elliott in a few months. In this situation it is impossible to grant an SA, Milan must go out alone from this impasse, also caused by the management Berlusconi.
The UEFA is also using Milan as a warning to everyone, punishing one to educate them all. There are rules and must be respected. The damage of image in all this is enormous and also the field work will suffer serious consequences
Its a nice article, but doesn't entirely explain the situation in a logical perspective.

On Yonghong's debt situation. I think most Milan fans at this point believe Yonghong will default on his debt to Elliott. But until it actually happens, a governing body such as UEFA should not be handing out punishments. In the same sense that the police cannot arrest someone because they think he is going to commit a crime, UEFA has no right to assume Yonghong will default, no matter how bad the outlook is. If we are going to start allowing these governing bodies to assume things, we essentially give them the free reign to rule however they feel like it. Hell, they might decide to kick Barca out of the CL next year because they don't think their ownership structure is stable. This is a very dangerous road for soccer to head into.

As far as making an example of Milan is concerned, this is a completely ridiculous explanation. As a governing body, UEFA needs to handle their legislation and punishments in a fair and unbiased manner. You cannot and should not punish someone differently because of who or what they are. So far, all I have seen is UEFA arbitrarily determining the punishments for any FFP violations. If rules of FFP need to be followed, then why didn't they ban Man City from Europe when they violated the FFP? Why was PSG off the hook for blatantly bending the rules of the FFP with fake sponsorships? Were those situations not violations? Or were they just not a big deal because their owners have deeper pockets? If having owners with deep pockets is the pre-requisite for any soccer team to open its doors, then clearly state it in the UEFA rule book that any team whose ownership does not meet a personal wealth threshold will never be allowed to play in Europe. Instead, UEFA sat on its ass and decided to punish Milan harshly for doing what everyone else did before them simply because it doesn't like the personal financing situation of its owners. I might be too stupid to understand this, but it just sounds stupid to me.
Berlusconi promised 100% good hands, this is on him.

I am not going to say much more, the legacy is officially dead as far as I am concerned. All those dutch trio and Sheva, Kaka seasons don't make up for giving to defaulting owner. UEFA can be stupid or whatever but B promised more than once, he even said it with Mr.Bee.
(05-23-2018, 10:38 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Berlusconi promised 100% good hands, this is on him.

I am not going to say much more, the legacy is officially dead as far as I am concerned. All those dutch trio and Sheva, Kaka seasons don't make up for giving to defaulting owner. UEFA can be stupid or whatever but B promised more than once, he even said it with Mr.Bee.

Bruce Wayne once said you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I can't think of a more fitting description of Berlu's legacy with Milan. He did so many great things over the first 20 plus years and then just became the most awful owner we can imagine in the last 7 or so years. The fall from grace for Berlu felt almost unimaginable and yet it took place in front of our very eyes.
(05-24-2018, 12:49 AM)slifersd Wrote: [ -> ]Bruce Wayne once said you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I can't think of a more fitting description of Berlu's legacy with Milan. He did so many great things over the first 20 plus years and then just became the most awful owner we can imagine in the last 7 or so years. The fall from grace for Berlu felt almost unimaginable and yet it took place in front of our very eyes.

Damned good post