AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: The English Premiership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone got any thoughts on who'll come in? Van Gaal is a clear favourite, while Giggs, if he does well, may get a longer term contract.
Poor Pool. But if you lose to 2nd team of direct competitor, you don't deserve the title.

I think Van Gaal is the reasonable choice. The remaining matches are against weak teams that even Moyes can win easily. Giggs and other 92s don't have enough experience to devise a concrete plan of rebuilding MU, while the Dutch is very good at creating a real power that lasts some seasons.
Liverpool still have it in their hands, if they win final two games only City can catch them and even then City need to win four in a row.
Yeah, but in term of spirit, City have an edge now. Lost and found.

I'm thinking about their last EPL title.
Disappointed in Liverpool today as I saw the team looking kind of nervous and feeling the pressure. Chelsea though were also fortunate, particularly the first goal.

About the remaining fixtures, I think Liverpool have it possibly the best. They face two midtable sides with really nothing to play for. Chelsea have two relegation battlers who can potentially still stay up and City have Everton (who are aiming for CL), which is a really tricky fixture and then a couple of relegation battlers.

Despite living in the UK, I'm not the biggest fan of the Premiership. However, this year has surely been a great year for competitiveness in the league, all throughout, whether you look at the league battle, the relegation fight or even just the odd teams who have been playing really interesting football (Everton and Southampton in particular).
(04-27-2014, 07:55 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Disappointed in Liverpool today as I saw the team looking kind of nervous and feeling the pressure. Chelsea though were also fortunate, particularly the first goal.

About the remaining fixtures, I think Liverpool have it possibly the best. They face two midtable sides with really nothing to play for. Chelsea have two relegation battlers who can potentially still stay up and City have Everton (who are aiming for CL), which is a really tricky fixture and then a couple of relegation battlers.

Despite living in the UK, I'm not the biggest fan of the Premiership. However, this year has surely been a great year for competitiveness in the league, all throughout, whether you look at the league battle, the relegation fight or even just the odd teams who have been playing really interesting football (Everton and Southampton in particular).

we have to remember.. mourinho is a GOD when it comes to these situations.. He's like up to what.. SEVEN league titles since 03? dude has won 7 out of a possible 11 league titles I believe in 4 different leagues. Chelsea were almost incapable of dropping that match today.

Liverpool were completely out of ideas and had to keep just moving it around right to left until capn fantastic tried to save the day with more than half a dozen tries. I don't think Chelsea were undeserving at all today. Liverpool weren't disappointing in the context of what Chelsea and Mourinho executed tactically. That 'anti football' that I saw today would stop practically any of the teams they might face in the CL from scoring.

Mourinho is the wild card IMO. On his game.. his tactics can stop practically anyone.

Man U 0-1 Sunderland
Giggs' dream is still a dream.
Sunderland fielded an interesting lineup with CB pair: O'Shea & Wes Brown, along with a bunch of Italian players.
can anyone tell me about the head-to-head between Manchester City and Liverpool? I know that it is not the tie-breaker (goal difference is), but I am just curious.
Manchester City 2-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 3-2 Manchester City
Manchester City has away-goal advantage then. Icon_lol2

Thanks, Reza. Smile