AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: UEFA Champions League 2015-2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Didn't realize that Messi is already 28. Our Marco van Basten had to retire at the same age. Forwards these days are lucky. I remember how brutal the defenders were two decades ago.
(08-11-2015, 11:19 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Was this idiot's former account even banned? I must have missed it, otherwise, I can't see the point of having to create another one.   Devilf

He can't help it. He's lonely and none of his "friends" would give him the time of day.
(08-12-2015, 01:33 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't realize that Messi is already 28. Our Marco van Basten had to retire at the same age. Forwards these days are lucky. I remember how brutal the defenders were two decades ago.
To be fair, Messi gets kicked quite a lot so I'd probably credit the advances in medicine and technology before I say that the defenders are "softer".
I don't disagree with the reasons that you quoted, but I think the defenders are softer for sure. Players like Maradona and van Basten were felled down again and again in a game and the defenders would barely get any punishment. Tackles from behind, shirt-tugging, the last-man rule, red card+penalty combo, etc., all the new rules on pitch now are strongly favoring offensive players now, and some says that it was thanks to the personal sacrifice made by stars like Maradona and van Basten.

Defenders like Gentile and Kohler probably would not have sustained for more than 10 minutes if they still played today (assuming that they didn't change their style of defending). They may not even get a yellow card first. Big Grin
Another question: I saw some report about Dani Alves' equaling Paolo Maldini's individual record of winning Super Cup four times. I wonder why it was only four instead of five (1989, 1990, 1994, 2003, 2007)? I do remember Ambrosini as captain lifting Super Cup trophy in 2007, but does that mean that Maldini didn't win that year's Super Cup?
Pedro... 

[Image: w570ae1.jpg]
^^First thing I noticed. He's clearly unhappy but Barcelona will do everything not to let him go because they have very little backup for their front three.
(08-12-2015, 04:06 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Another question: I saw some report about Dani Alves' equaling Paolo Maldini's individual record of winning Super Cup four times. I wonder why it was only four instead of five (1989, 1990, 1994, 2003, 2007)? I do remember Ambrosini as captain lifting Super Cup trophy in 2007, but does that mean that Maldini didn't win that year's Super Cup?

Because he did not make the squad in 2007. He didn't receive a medal.
Maldini has 4. The reports are correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_UEFA_Super_Cup

I can't remember if it was cause he was injured. But he definitely wasn't on the team sheet.
[Image: w5706af.jpg]
One group
Barca City Roma Wolfsburg

Other group
Zenit Leverkusen Olympiakos Astana

Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22