AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato January 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Caceres previously for Jube? Not sure if we should go for him.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
The postponement of the closing with Mr Bee will have consequences on the Milan market in January.

Berlusconi might have given Galliani a good budget in January, without the closing of the deal likely to be a low cost market in January.

After spending 86 million in the summer Berlusconi not willing to reopen again his wallet. Also due to the recent results of the team
uan Manuel Iturbe is heading to Watford on loan. Milan were interested in the player [Sky].
I am probably in the minority here, but I honestly don't care if we get a big budget this winter or not. The thing is, winter signings are highly risky. These players do not have a full off season with the team to get used to the environment, get to know the staff, form chemistry with teammates and memorize the play book. They basically get brought in as saviors, but are put into incredibly difficult situations to actually be productive. This problem is compounded here at Milan because the ownership thinks every dollar they spent need to return 100X on their investments. The pressure makes it even more difficult for any winter signing to stand out and achieve success. Honda is a great example of this. We brought the guy in and hailed him as some kind of Japanese superman. But in actuality, the guy had a tough time adjusting to the different culture, style, competition and coaching. We set him up as a star, and he failed miserably at it due to circumstances and never quite recovered.

The other reason we shouldn't necessarily spend big is that great players typically are not available during winter. Every year, you hear tons of rumors about this or that big star moving during winter, but it almost never happens. Players like Hazard, Bale, or Fabregas are not going to move teams half way through a season. That means, even if we have a huge budget, we will just end up pissing that money on some unworthy player like we did with Bertolacci. This team needs a lot of things, but another 20M on Bertolacci is not one of them. In all honesty, I think targeting players with soon to be expiring contracts and take advantage of the opportunity to sign them cheaply is a better strategy than handing another 100M to Galliani.

This season, to me, should be about forming the core of our next generation instead of trying for CL. I know Berlu will always think CL is the ultimate goal because...well...he is senile and thinks his money is worthy more than everyone else's. But the team simply isn't built for instant success. We have way too many young players manning key positions and too many mediocre players left over to support the youngsters. We are basically in year 1 of a complete rebuilding job and it is borderline insane to think we can win championship or even get into top 3 of the league when other clubs are either much stronger (Juve, Napoli and Roma) or much further along the rebuilding program (Inter) than we are. Spending big on players who will not make a major difference is just a waste of everyone's time and resources on a team like this. Our focus on the mercato should, instead, be on collecting young assets who can join our existing core.
Watford set to beat Milan to Iturbe

Juan Manuel Iturbe is unhappy with his lack of playing time at Roma and wants to depart in the winter. Watford lead the race, ahead of AC Milan and a clutch of other Serie A sides.

Source: gianlucadimarzio.com
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Now Iturbe sounds interesting than Kpb or Caceres.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
But Candreva sounds even more interesting.

Many transfer sources are saying that Candreva will be our number 1 objective in January. Some reports speak of a fallout with Lazio, and apparently Galliani has been given the green light to do whatever he needs to do to buy him. Apparently Iturbe was or is our back up option.

http://it.blastingnews.com/calcio/2015/1...84505.html
http://www.calciomercato.com/news/milan-...ivo-222853

Ive always been saying we should sign Candreva, hes world class in my books. Hes creative, strong, and best of all an immense attacking threat. Love this idea, please Galliani make it happen. BTW. He has the same agent as Boateng, apparently the idea was brought to Gallianis attention when conditions for Boateng were being discussed.

Is Thiago Silva out of contract this summer with PSG? I wonder if we finished 3rd if we could lure him back to Milan. He'd be that perfect experienced partner beside Romagnoli IMO.

Witsel,Candreva and an experienced defender and I think we will have a serious team.
(12-15-2015, 09:23 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Watford set to beat Milan to Iturbe

Juan Manuel Iturbe is unhappy with his lack of playing time at Roma and wants to depart in the winter. Watford lead the race, ahead of AC Milan and a clutch of other Serie A sides.

Source: gianlucadimarzio.com
Tuesday, December 15, 2015

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Inzaghi make either Iturbe or Cerci as his main target for a winger? Eventually we got the latter but funny how neither has really lived up to their respective price the last two seasons.
Tassotti/Brocchi. That sounds like guaranteed success...  Dodgy
(12-16-2015, 01:16 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Tassotti/Brocchi. That sounds like guaranteed success...  Dodgy

and it also disrupts the work that Brocchi is doing with the Primavera.