AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato January 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ELS has to go, it's best for everyone involved for him to leave now. He is not going to get the playing time, peace of mind or coaching he needs to develop here. He is in all honesty, too much of a project for a Milan team that has so many holes to fill. We need a guy who can come in and immediately play and make a difference.
Chelski possibly interested in Bacca: http://gazzettaworld.gazzetta.it/news/tr...n-striker/?

If that were true, I'd consider keeping ELS because Bacca's sale should be plenty to offset budgets. I would not play him as a winger but mold him into a midfield role. He is still very young and he has never lacked hunger. He always defended well when he played with us, but never was too successful in taking players on 1v1.
I really think it's just a rumor. Particularly because it's from the Evening Standard, which is one of those free newspapers that they hand out outside the tube stations here in London.
(01-10-2016, 01:48 AM)honsano Wrote: [ -> ]Chelski possibly interested in Bacca: http://gazzettaworld.gazzetta.it/news/tr...n-striker/?

If that were true, I'd consider keeping ELS because Bacca's sale should be plenty to offset budgets. I would not play him as a winger but mold him into a midfield role. He is still very young and he has never lacked hunger. He always defended well when he played with us, but never was too successful in taking players on 1v1.

I thought the reason why we sent him on loan was because he didn't want to try playing as a mid. Miha made it clear at the outset that ElSha could play from the midfield but the latter, perhaps considering the adaption period and next year Euro, opted the loan deal to Monaco.
Apparently Roma will pay us 2 mil up front and another 12 mil if he makes 12 appearances.

It's not a bad deal, considering that we also got 2 mil from Monaco. In the end, we will have received 4 mil for him and that can raise to 16 if Roma buys him. If not, we get the player back. It'd be great to sell him outright...but easily said than done.

I don't mind SES. I've always liked him and the workrate he puts for the club. I'm not sure he'll ever be a top class player, but he can certainly be a useful player for given situations. The problem is that he doesn't only want to be useful for certain situations....he wants to be always there and wants to play at the Euro. It's just not a right fit right now. Let's see what happens at the end of the year and how he does at Roma.

As for the rest....give Mihajlovc what he needs. Do it quick while we can affect as many games as possible.
Its good to hear we will receive that amount of money for SeS, but more importantly how we spend it..

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
So we are using the same formula that didn't work with Monaco with Roma and expect to make money off of ElS ? I am very sceptical and those 12 games are over what period any way?
The official number of games that he has to play seems to be 10 right now. It's until the end of the season. There is 19 Serie A games plus CL. All in all Roma will play a minimum of 21 games and he has to feature in 50% of them. I'm not sure that it'll happen either. But even if it doesn't, 4 mil for a loan is a lot of money. Keep in mind that we get the player back at the end of the year. Clubs aren't really lining up for him so it's not easy to sell him unles you are willing to give him away for dirt cheap.
Football Italia's opinion of what is our biggest need during the transfer window:

Milan

Biggest need: Midfield creativity

Possible names: Franco Vazquez, Axel Witsel, Giannelli Imbula, Marten de Roon

So far, Milan’s midfield has been unable to link up with its frontline on a regular basis. It has been clear that Giacomo Bonaventura is the Rossoneri’s only real creative threat. Milan are just 15th in Serie A with a shot accuracy of just 39 per cent. A direct consequence of strikers having to create too much on their own. Adding a player like Vazquez or Witsel would solve a lot of issues at Milan, but a more deep-lying playmaker like Valdifiori could also help immediately.
I bet he would score more than Cerci Big Grin

[Image: article-0-1AE7B268000005DC-545_634x419.jpg]