AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: UEFA Champions League 2016-2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
http://www.football-italia.net/95461/uef...cl-changes

UEFA has confirmed changes to the Champions League, with new kick-off times and automatic entry for the top four Leagues.
So it's official now. Great news for Italy and for us.

Ryo, it will be super easy to maintain 4th spot. Italy's coefficient is 69.9 while France's is 52.9. That's a huge margin of 17 points that it is almost impossible for France to make up. They simply don't have the quality and they have NEVER gotten more points in a single season than Italy anyway. So it's safe to say that no other league in Europe can climb into the top 4.
Manchester City - AS Monaco

Real Madrid - Napoli

Benfica - Borussia Dortmund

Bayern Munich - Arsenal

FC Porto Vs - Juventus

Bayer Leverkusen - Atletico Madrid

PSG - Barcelona

Leicester - Sevilla

Napoli I think has a fair chance of advancing past Real. Those will be 2 incredible games I think. Even though Napoli's season hasn't been great in terms of results, their performances have been just as good as last year, if not better to be honest. They always play great and decisive football. Now the goals are adding up too. Real is obviously still the favorite, but not by much imo and anything can happen in this one.

The other big one is PSG - Barcelona. It's a toss up, but Barcelona will probably advance if I had be on it.

Arsenal - Bayern is a heavyweight game as well. It's hard to pick one of these two teams right now. Bayern would be the obvious choice as they are one of the favorites to win the competition and I think they'll win this match up. It's so far out though and it's hard to say what kind of injuries might come up by than and what the form of the teams will be. I think it'll be tight throughout though.

I hope that Monaco disposes of City. It'll be too funny! Big Grin

Elsewhere...Juventus, Atletico and Dortmund should get through, while Leicester - Sevilla might actually be a fun game to watch.
Good match ups, let's see if English clubs survive the round Grinundwech
Napoli - Real, Bayern - Arsenal and PSG - Barca are some pretty tasty fixtures. In all honesty, looking at the last one, it's mostly interesting in name, but PSG aren't impressing this year and Barca in fairness aren't as good as they're known to be either.
l think Arsenal is going to past Bayern Monaco this time, since they are suffering under Ancelotti and they have a weakness called Alonso who can be exposed by Arsenal.

PSG with Emery and Napoli are easy teams for Barca and Real. Much weaker teams than Arsenal. PSG is worse than Blanc's PSG with Emery.
(12-10-2016, 02:03 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]So it's official now. Great news for Italy and for us.

Ryo, it will be super easy to maintain 4th spot. Italy's coefficient is 69.9 while France's is 52.9. That's a huge margin of 17 points that it is almost impossible for France to make up. They simply don't have the quality and they have NEVER gotten more points in a single season than Italy anyway. So it's safe to say that no other league in Europe can climb into the top 4.

Actually, I'm more interested in figuring out how far away we are from 3rd or 2nd spot. I heard somewhere that the Premier League weren't actually doing that great and that this change in format benefits them more than us (possibly because we may have stolen their spot?).
Is that for real? Barcelona 0-4 PSG?
(02-14-2017, 10:45 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Is that for real? Barcelona 0-4 PSG?

I know right... I saw 2-0 and thought that was manageable... any second now Barca will score... Nek Minit... 4-0 to PSG...
I miss Champions League football.. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20