AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Transfer Window 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will darmian play better on the center??

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
aubameyang is another one... It's not Hindsight... It's called nearsightedness from previous coaches/management. Either way. Would still be good to get him back. Abate is too on and off
(11-20-2016, 11:34 PM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ].
Darmian/Vidal (maybe 15-20 mill)
Sule(6 months left on his contract) (up to 10?)
Schneiderlin(I think they where saying should be around 16 mill)
Tilemans (20?)
Replacement for Bacca - Say Belotti(20?)
You've been gone for a while as you said.
Sule has 3 years left on his contract he'll cost €25-€30m maybe a bit more if EPL clubs get involved.
Anderlecht wanted €40m for Tielemans from Everton and Crystal Palace , theyll probably end up getting €30m.
Belotti has that new contract until 2020 with the €60m release clause to be added.He'll probably cost €35-€40m.
Darmian isnt a step up from what we have.
Vidal is horrible at defending.That IMO would be a very very expensive mercato and probably unrealistic.Id love Sule and Belotti though so the guts of €70m those 2 will cost.
I watched him with Manutd, seriously Im not sure if I want him to replace Abate, he is just OK in defence and not that great going forward. Id prefer we start Calabria than adding up another bodies.
Joel I agree some experience would help, but that doesn't mean we stop recruiting the best young talents. Pellegrini's been excellent this year and shows real promise, so I think we need to keep a close eye on him as a possible target.

I'm not really for Darmian. I was very annoyed when he left the club as I really thought he had a lot of promise, but I don't like looking back too much and instead would like to focus on our present and future. In that respect, I think Calabria deserves a fair chance first, he was very good before getting injured and could be a solution. Alternatively, there are more promising fullbacks in the youth set up, notably Llamas who's a left back and could be seen as a possible starter in the future (with DES maybe moving to the right).

I think the key priorities for the winter market should be two midfielders (an alternative to Locatelli and ideally a replacement for Kucka) and a winger (to offer some rotation/alternatives to Niang and Suso). I don't particularly want or expect a major market in January yet, as it's difficult to get the very best in winter and there are a few players that need to be assessed following some long term injuries. For example, I'd like to see how Calabria and Bertolacci get on with Montella's system now that we're a more settled group. I'd also like to see how Lapadula does or Niang up front (something that Montella seems keen to do as it was what he did in the summer and went to yesterday).
If Fabregas is still an option, than we should go for it this winter. I don't know if loan+option (or some sort of obligation with clauses) is a way this deal can be done....but if so, than we should be all over it. Another in Chelsea that is worth looking at is Oscar, but he is non-EU so it's impossible this winter.

Badelj should be a good possibility and also at a very decent price (10-12mil).

Get a winger with another 25mil or so, and call it a day.

Ideally, we would get a fullback, but I wouldn't push it in January. I don't see any quality ones available. Vidal os one that might be, but I am very sceptical on what he can actually bring.

So Fabregas (loan), Badelj (12), and let's say Keita (25) would be an excellent winter campaign. Couple that with releasing of some deadwood and it would be as good as we can possibly do.

With those signings, and having the position in the table we have now, I think we can say that we can fight for a top 3 spot until the very end.
In my opininion if there is at least a slight chance for us us to sign Thiago Silva we should go for it. Because he is on of the only top class players we have a chance on signing Because he loves Milan and his contract will end this summer. Thiago Silva could be a crucial player for the development of the new Milan, he can pair up with Romagnoli and give us the experience at the back. After a two or maybe even three years he will retire but Romagnoli has played about 180 games in Serie A by then which (often) makes him experienced to. (Same goes for Pepe who also has a contract till this summer but we have a bigger chance on Silva)

Since we have money now I also think we should go after Belotti he is (still) in our reach and if we sell Bacca Belotti´s pricetag won´t scare us. Because I think we can get him for around 35 million and if Bacca´s sale would give us 20 million we´d only have to pay 15 million.
Belotti is only possible in the summer, so I assume you were talking about summer with him. I don't mind us going for him, but we have to take care of other positions first and foremost.

Thiago Silva's contract will be automatically renewed when PSG make it into the CL, which they will 100%. From that point on, everything becomes more difficult. I love Silva as a player, but he is injury prone, getting older....and we would have to give him a huge contract. He is not leaving PSG's money, that's for sure. So the only way he comes back is if they don't offer him a good deal...which in that case...screw him. That means he's only going to come back when they are done paying him what he wants...in turn he comes back here to retire and still probably make a sunstantial sum (probably will end up being the highest paid player in the squad).

Like I said, I like the player....but the move has to work for us too. We have to look into the future and a long term pairing of CBs. Someone around 24/25/26 years old would be ideal and be worth the money a lot more than Silva at this stage. Silva will only be a good move if we can't make the above happen...and if he comes this summer for a low fee.
(11-21-2016, 02:41 PM)Joël Wrote: [ -> ]In my opininion if there is at least a slight chance for us us to sign Thiago Silva we should go for it. Because he is on of the only top class players we have a chance on signing Because he loves Milan and his contract will end this summer. Thiago Silva could be a crucial player for the development of the new Milan, he can pair up with Romagnoli and give us the experience at the back. After a two or maybe even three years he will retire but Romagnoli has played about 180 games in Serie A by then which (often) makes him experienced to. (Same goes for Pepe who also has a contract till this summer but we have a bigger chance on Silva)

Since we have money now I also think we should go after Belotti he is (still) in our reach and if we sell Bacca Belotti´s pricetag won´t scare us. Because I think we can get him for around 35 million and if Bacca´s sale would give us 20 million we´d only have to pay 15 million.
If it seems like Im nit picking I apologise.Silvas contract ends in 2017 but if PSG make the 2nd round of UCL this season theres an automatic 1 year extension.He still may not be expensive but his €13/€14m a year wage is thats €26/€28m with tax.We'll see gow much he loves Milan , if he'll take a 70% pay cut sure sign him if he wants €9/€10m he can feck right off.I agree on Belotti I think €35-€40m will get him but thatd be in the summer.We also still dont know if we'll have money , the sale is to be done on Dec 13tg but Id guess that we'll hear after christmas come the 1st week of December.
(11-21-2016, 06:56 AM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]aubameyang is another one... It's not Hindsight... It's called nearsightedness from previous coaches/management. Either way. Would still be good to get him back. Abate is too on and off

Not that i would ever argue about the short sightedness of Galliani and the previous regime, but the Darmian and Aubamyang cases were also a little bit out of our hands. 

The reality is, when they were here, neither player was anywhere near ready to contribute to the team. Both players struggled to get playing time even for some low level teams that they played for when they first left. If you can't get off the bench for a relegation battler, we can't exactly expect Milan to just drop everything and give you playing time. These guys were simply late bloomers and needed that time away from the spotlight to develop. It is hard to develop under the microscope of a team like Milan, where every mistake is magnified and tens of thousands of fans will boo you if they don't like you. Darmian and Auba were merely cases where Milan just wasn't the right place for them and they had to leave. Now of course, it would've been nice if we had some kind of buy back clauses on them, but that's just another stupidity on Galliani's part, nothing new there.