AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Transfer Window 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know rimini mentioned Keita here previously. Just wanted to make a comment....I am wathching Leipzig right now, and gotta say...Rimini was up to something. This kid is very impressive. He scored an unbelievable goal, but not only that. He uses the ball very good, very technical, extremely quick and not afraid to get into a tackle as well. He is playing as a CM. Very good player. It's only been 15 minutes of this game, and I am already so impressed with this kid.
Thought you were on about Keita Balde until you mentioned Leipzig. Naby Keita's having a breakout season, no doubt. In fairness, a lot of the names Rimini suggests are good if not very good players, it's just about what's realistic and what our needs are.

Forgot to mention, I saw we're linked to Gagliardini of Atalanta today
Haha yes, I agree about his lists.

This kid fits the bill of what we need though. A good, techincal midfielder and seems like an all around well rounded player in general. Brings pace as well.

About obtaining him....I have no clue. We also don't have a track record of what Leipzig does with players. I don't think they need money as they seem to be stable, so I don't know if they'll sell to anyone for that matter. But I see them as a Dortmund at this point. Their players will always want to go to that next step, that next bigger club. So eventually they'll be forced to sell by their own players.
i have watch a few videos of belloti, man, that guy is amazing, far more better than bacca. i hope we can get him this winter or next summer
Belotti is impressing me immensely this season, and he's a Milan fan. If we don't buy this guy, we're seriously out to lunch. Unless of course Torino is serious about pricing him at 90m like Higuain lol. I'd pay somewhere around what we sell Bacca for tbh, around 25mln.

I would buy Keita+Belotti in a heartbeat, sell Bacca, Honda & Adriano ASAP. We should obviously prioritize the midfield, so I'd also focus there and possibly sign 1-2 good midfielders preferably one young and talented and one with more experience who can add instant quality on and off the pitch. Eg. Fabregas + Bazoer, or Xabi Alonso on a 1 year deal + splash on our young midfielder like Verratti or someone.. something like that. However, I'm pessimistic about the idea of a stopgap player coming in like Rudy or Badelj. Something tells me Badelj might turn out a good signing, perhaps even better than someone like Fabregas, only because of motivation tbh, but I still don't consider him the top quality mid that we need.

Our full-backs are my next concern, but it's much more difficult. They don't have me 100% satisfied, but when I look at what is out there; it's either players that are overpriced and impossible to buy, or the rest of them are simply not that big of an upgrade on our current ones. For example, I cannot see Marcelo or Lahm leaving Madrid or Bayern, and someone like Bernat I simply wouldn't consider a huge upgrade. Maybe I'm oblivious to what's available out there, but seriously, who would you guys buy at fullback that's a realistic possibility?
Belotti wont cost €90m he will however go for €45-€50m IMHO..He wont leave in January , by the seasons with maybe 25-30 goals or more we're looking at a hige fee.He may follow Milan but he has a contract that runs until 2020 and thats without the new extension with a €90m+ release clause
(11-25-2016, 08:39 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I know rimini mentioned Keita here previously. Just wanted to make a comment....I am wathching Leipzig right now, and gotta say...Rimini was up to something. This kid is very impressive. He scored an unbelievable goal, but not only that. He uses the ball very good, very technical, extremely quick and not afraid to get into a tackle as well. He is playing as a CM. Very good player. It's only been 15 minutes of this game, and I am already so impressed with this kid.

You must watch Dahoud and Süle as well.They are too good to ignore. To be honest, l'd spend 100 m euros on Keita, Dahoud and Süle and fix CM and CB positions.
Lahm? He is pretty slow anymore, finished. l read somewhere Lahm saying he considers retiring next season. l'd go for Rafinha instead Lahm. Solid player and Free agent.

Rudy? Good player for rotation role. Nothing more nothing less.

Bernat? Underrated. Lately l watched him vs Hoffenheim. He was dominant and skilled on the left flank. with the lack of options on LB's and many teams will be after decent LB's, from City to İnter. Grimaldo, Hector and Rodriguez are not bad options either.

Xabi? No way.Slower than Lahm. Germans attacks Carlo because of his 4-3-3 and Xabi choice. Both Lahm and him are finished. l didn't watch Bayern-Leverkusen game yesterday, however l read Kimmich started at RB instead Lahm and Lahm in midfield.

Fabregas? He is almost 30 years old and has very high wage. No need to increase the level of salaries with these kind of moves. He can stay where he is.

Verratti? Dreamy move. Unrealistic too. l was expecting Carlo to move for him, it looks like they did and PSG didn't sell. since PSG wants to keep him at all costs. Their aim is clear, winning Champions League.

We should buy smart. l'd go for Dahoud-Locatelli-Keita midfield instead Verratti-Rudy-Montolivo midfield.

Dahoud 10 m euros(clause)
Keita 30 m
Süle 30-35 m
Rafinha 0.
Rodriguez 25(clause)
F.Anderson 40 m
Belotti 45 m(selling Bacca and L.Adriano would be sufficent to finance him)

Donna
Rafinha Süle Roma Rodriguez
Dahoud Loca Keita
F.Anderson Belotti Niang/Bonaventura.

l can create a scudetto level line up with 140 m euros with smart moves. in addition, we can work on our squad dept with extra 60 m euros so 200 m euros is enough for us to be competitive in Serie A.
If the sale to the chinese isn't completed, as reports suggest, we'll probably have a transfer budget of €5 million even after the sale of Bacca. That should be enough for a couple of young italian players with half the talent of Andrea Poli...
Rimini you're suggesting spending 200m to build a side/squad that's all promise with no guarantee. Pretty much every player you're suggesting is yet to prove they are of the highest level, you're paying solely for the potential. Anderson's one of the exceptions maybe, he went through second season syndrome last year but seems to be back to his best this year, but his primary role is the same as Suso's who's been outstanding for us. I'd rather we go for Keita, seeing as he plays on the opposite wing, imo has just as much potential and is likely to be cheaper.

There's no way I'd recommend anyone spend 30-35m on Sule, he's a promising defender, but that amount is absurd. Similar for Belotti, it's crazy at this point to spend 45m on a player who's only just broken through this calendar year.

As I mentioned before, you name some very good players when you list names, but it's too much change and it's unfeasible to spend that amount on potential rather than proven quality.

Edit: This is assuming we even have the money to spend, which is uncertain right now.