AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Transfer Window 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As reported by the Brazilian portal UOL, Thiago Silva could make his comeback in the Rossoneri shirt next season. The dialogue for the renewal with PSG between the Brazilian defender and the French club would indeed be on standby, and the former number 33 Rossoneri could return to wear the shirt of the club that launched him in Europe. Milan would in fact willing to wait until the end of 2016 for groped to sign a pre-contract with the player for the next season, thanks to the money of the future Chinese-owned Rossoneri.
Thiago's contract runs until July 2018. I can see him coming here after that but he will also be 34 that season (September 2018). He also makes a lot of money at PSG, (is it 8mil now or 10?) so I don't think he'll give up on that next summer while still having a year left on that big contract.

If however he is willing to give up on it next summer, than I would gladly sign Silva on a 2-3 year deal, but we all gotta be prepared for his tall salary demands (which is why I am sure the renewal is stalling in the first place), the transfer fee that PSG will want, and his injury record (he misses a big chunk of games every season and it's not getting any better with age either).

Ideally, we need to invest in a long term solution. We need a proven mid-to-late 20s class CB that can come in and give us continuity in such a crucial position on the field. Developing a long term partnership with Romagnoli is also key and will be of a lot more benefit to us than signing an injury prone 34 year old because of our nostalgic thinking.
Interesting thing....yesterday befire the CL games fox sports had an interview with some guy (i have no idea who he was) and he said that in the last days of the market, Inter offered €85mil for James but the deal failed to materialize. He said it was a combination of Real expecting this transfer ban and James being happy with staying and fighting for a spot at Real.

I think this is significant because it shows real intent from the Chinese to spend. Yes, it's Inter..... but I think it also shows that our Chinese group is coming here to invest and sign top players no matter the money. If Inter's Suning can offer 85mil for a single player.....I would expect at least the same from our group....especially with all this talk that it's state created and owned with a lot more financial power.
Multiple rumours are reporting that we have a deal in place for Fabregas in January for a loan with obligation to buy. I would welcome Fabregas, and Thiago Silva for that matter. My only concern then would be that our only quality players would be pretty old at that point (Sosa 31, Silva 31, Fabregas 29). They would be welcomed additions to add instant quality and experience, but I'd add some younger players along with them. To finish up our midfield I'd add Fabregas and Kovacic, then Silva and someone like Caio or Musacchio in defence. I'd also make a quality fullback a priority - I wish there was a remote possibility of getting David Alaba from Bayern. Most importantly, I'd sell Bacca and get a technical striker. I'm so sick of this BS, from Pazzini, to Matri, to Torres, and now Bacca. We need someone like Griezmann or Reus or even Diego Costa, someone who can score but also link up and contribute to play. I'd keep a poacher like Bacca as a sub in my ideal Milan.

Besides Fabregas and Silva, there are some rumours linking us to Keita Balde from Lazio. The guy seems talented, but I'm not sure we need another young prospect for the wings. We have Niang and Suso (who has been doing really well IMO). So if I had to invest in those positions I'd definitely opt for a more experienced player who could again add instant quality to our attack.

Also @nefremo, the intent to spend is definitely there. I don't even think it matters that they were going to spend a further 85m on James, even the spending that they did do was enough to make an early statement. It's pretty impressive getting Banega, Gabriel Jesus, Jao Mario and Candreva, while even being able to hold onto all their star players (Kondogbia, Miranda, Perisic, Jovetic, Icardi, Eder etc.). Merda is already looking stacked after half a summer transfer window. I'd imagine in January they'll sign more players, but next summer I think we'll make even bigger signings.. It's no secret that if our consortium is everything they are said to be that we will have more money than they do.
I don't think we need to worry too much about whether the Chinese intend to spend or not. They did not spend over a billion dollars to take on this team only to run it the way Berlu did the last 10 years or so. That's like paying a premium for a broken down car. They came here wanting to make a big impact and that's exactly what they will do, at least at the beginning. I don't know how long they will keep their spending up, but the first couple of years should be very high octane.
Why would we sell a striker who scores 20goals in his first season.. We just need to fix midfield as the first priority.
(09-15-2016, 06:00 PM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]Also @nefremo, the intent to spend is definitely there. I don't even think it matters that they were going to spend a further 85m on James, even the spending that they did do was enough to make an early statement. It's pretty impressive getting Banega, Gabriel Jesus, Jao Mario and Candreva, while even being able to hold onto all their star players (Kondogbia, Miranda, Perisic, Jovetic, Icardi, Eder etc.). Merda is already looking stacked after half a summer transfer window. I'd imagine in January they'll sign more players, but next summer I think we'll make even bigger signings.. It's no secret that if our consortium is everything they are said to be that we will have more money than they do.

Inter - Hapoel Beer Sheva 0 - 2

Clearly they didn't spend enough? Did Inter really think they could beat Sheva? And Beer?  Devilol
(09-16-2016, 02:01 AM)edysim Wrote: [ -> ]Why would we sell a striker who scores 20goals in his first season.. We just need to fix midfield as the first priority.

For the exact reasons I mentioned... He might have scored goals but he doesn't link up and I can count more than 20 times that he screwed up a simple pass to put through a teammate on goal. He's good short-term, maybe for now, but if you want a sustainable and highly competitive squad you cant have a player like him starting. I think there's a reason the only team that wanted him was West Ham, because if he had any remotely better options he'd be gone right now I guarantee it, which leads to my next reason why I want him sold - that is, he said multiple times that he wanted CL and hinted at leaving, except no good teams wanted him lol

Using his goals as a "reason" to keep him is as invalid as using Montolivo's ball recovery statistics (best in Europe at one point last season) as a reason to keep him, but what about his passing? His leadership? His work rate? Sure, his ball recovery is great and as a CDM (keyword defensive) it really seems like that's a good reason to keep him, but there's other reasons to want him gone, as there is for Bacca (eg. age, poor dribbling, cant linkup, one footed, terrible passing crossing etc.). I'm not saying either of them arent decent players, because they are, but if we need to take this team to the next level neither of them can be starters IMO, because I cant point my finger at one top club that has a player like Bacca as their starting striker. Teams that play with a target man have much better versions, like Lewandowski, Costa etc. at least they can pass a ball, shoot from distance, cross if they need to and whatnot. Bacca is a good goalscorer, give him a chance in front of goal he'll most likely finish it, but I think our team needs a more technical player in his role that's all.
(09-16-2016, 04:44 PM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]For the exact reasons I mentioned... He might have scored goals but he doesn't link up and I can count more than 20 times that he screwed up a simple pass to put through a teammate on goal. He's good short-term, maybe for now, but if you want a sustainable and highly competitive squad you cant have a player like him starting. I think there's a reason the only team that wanted him was West Ham, because if he had any remotely better options he'd be gone right now I guarantee it, which leads to my next reason why I want him sold - that is, he said multiple times that he wanted CL and hinted at leaving, except no good teams wanted him lol

Using his goals as a "reason" to keep him is as invalid as using Montolivo's ball recovery statistics (best in Europe at one point last season) as a reason to keep him, but what about his passing? His leadership? His work rate? Sure, his ball recovery is great and as a CDM (keyword defensive) it really seems like that's a good reason to keep him, but there's other reasons to want him gone, as there is for Bacca (eg. age, poor dribbling, cant linkup, one footed, terrible passing crossing etc.). I'm not saying either of them arent decent players, because they are, but if we need to take this team to the next level neither of them can be starters IMO, because I cant point my finger at one top club that has a player like Bacca as their starting striker. Teams that play with a target man have much better versions, like Lewandowski, Costa etc. at least they can pass a ball, shoot from distance, cross if they need to and whatnot. Bacca is a good goalscorer, give him a chance in front of goal he'll most likely finish it, but I think our team needs a more technical player in his role that's all.

Your criticism of Bacca is fair, but a little overblown, imo. Bacca is certainly not anywhere near the class of someone like Ibra. But he is also a very different type of player. 

To me, Bacca has genuine quality in his ability to find space and finish. Scoring that many goals while getting no quality passes from our midfield is no small task for any player. The trouble with him is that he is being put into the wrong system to play in. In our current state, we need a do it all type of striker like Ibra, someone who can finish plays as well as create opportunities for himself and the team. Bacca is not that kind of player, and he never will be. We signed him because Berlu only wanted to spend money on strikers and he was the only one we could get. If you put Bacca on a team with good midfielders who an create opportunities and make good runs, this guy can easily lead Serie A in goals. As the takeover is getting completed (we hope), we now need to start making decisions regarding how we want to move forward. Do we want Bacca as the centerpiece of our attack or do we want someone different? The structure of the team can trickle down once that decision is made.
Arsenal would have gladly taken Bacca to replace Giroud. Wait, I think they tried to...