AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Transfer Window 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everton aparently declined Deulofeu loan bid. And we're going to exchange Gabriel for Storari.
I think Gabriel is a pretty terrible GK, but I hope that this is exchange of loans and not transfers. As bad as Gabriel might be, he is still only 24 and he is surely much much more valuable than Storari who is about to be 40 in just a few days. I get that Gabriel wants to play but we can't just give him away. We are basically doing that and I am sure he can fetch a couple mil from somewhere.
I read that our third goalkeeper has great potential just like donnarumma and has apparently attracted many big clubs in Europe. It is rumored that our management needs to decide which one to keep, as we can't hold on to both.
LazioPress.it is saying that Mirabelli has an agreement with Keita's agent, though probably not Lazio yet, about a loan move with an obligation to buy for €20m in the summer.
The problem is apparently the obligation is based on appearances, hope the new people (Mirabelli et al) don't get into the habit of toying with other teams' management with silly offers. Keita will have higher offers than those with obligations or whatever. The Galliani methods and ways need to be left behind.
(01-02-2017, 03:49 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I think Gabriel is a pretty terrible GK, but I hope that this is exchange of loans and not transfers. As bad as Gabriel might be, he is still only 24 and he is surely much much more valuable than Storari who is about to be 40 in just a few days. I get that Gabriel wants to play but we can't just give him away. We are basically doing that and I am sure he can fetch a couple mil from somewhere.

There is that posibility also ,aparently to loan them Gabriel with option(or obligation) to buy and to snap Storari at the end of loan(season) because he'll be free player in summer. And that youngster Xu mentioned will be promoted into second goalkeeper with Storari as last option. But since it's Galiani who handle bussines I guess everything is possible.
Lots of rumours lately, but I'm not sure what to make of them at this point. A few thoughts on those linked to us:

Storari: a swap between him and Gabriel doesn't seem so bad, Storari's experience (don't forget he was in the squad in 2007) could be useful in helping the younger players and bring a little of the old culture back. Gabriel's career is being wasted at Milan, so no doubt he's probably not happy being understudy to Donnarumma. Xu, the third keeper you're referring to is Plizarri, who's extremely highly rated (made his debut in a friendly earlier this season) but as you say, may not have a future with us given we have Gigio.

Gago: I'm less keen on this one, it's said he'd either come this January or for free in the summer. He's a decent enough player for the squad, but he's not one I'd hedge my bet on.

Keita: Seems Mirabelli is close to securing him. I've mentioned many times I really like Keita as a player and think he's got a very bright future, so I'm not against getting him by any means. The rumoured loan and obligation is most likely given our budget this January.

Deulofeu: Another wideman who's career so far has been fairly mixed given he was a few years back touted as Messi's heir in Barcelona. His technical ability really isn't in question, but there's a lot of maturation needed for him to make the step up at senior level expected of him. I'm not against getting him, as I think he could flourish with Montella, nor am I concerned he mostly plays on the right, as he has the qualities and versatility to switch positions.

Gagliardini: Seems set to go to Inter, but we have been linked to him. I like him, but as I said before, spending 25m (the rumoured price) is absurd. He's not worth more than around 15m at most and I'd rather see us go for someone like Rabiot and/or Tielemans instead seeing as they'd cost a similar sum, but have played at the highest level for a number of years now rather than a handful of months in Serie A. Again, not disputing Gagliardini's ability, I think he's a big promise, but 25m is inflated.

Giovanni Simeone: Saw a link to him today on Milannews, he's a player that's broken out in Europe this year and looks a decent talent, hardworking (like his dad) and a modern forward. That said the guy's still not matured and it seems an odd choice as if the Chinese want to make a mark after purchasing Milan, then landing a top forward that fits Montella's ideas seems a good way to do it.

Aurier: I have zero doubts about Aurier's ability and he's still young so he could be a big purchase for wingback. However, I have huge doubts about his personality and I don't want players who are frankly idiots. His actions at PSG when he released a public video lambasting his teammates and coach was stupidity of the highest order, so I really have major doubts about wanting him at Milan. That and honestly I want us to assess what we have in the wingback roles, seeing as DES has improved a great deal this season, Antonelli's a very good player, Abate has improved a lot after a slow start and Calabria was unfortunate to get injured as he was on the verge of being our starting RB this season. That, and we have a kid in Primavera, Llamas, who looks a really talented guy.

I've also read rumours that Mirabelli's starting to lay the groundwork for his plans for Milan. Basically, on top of securing Keita's he's already getting in touch with agents of some highly rated players to make purchases next summer. It's said we could see a bit of a revolution, as despite the generally positive results this year, a major overhaul could be in place with only Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Locatelli and Suso guaranteed space in the future of the side. Others like Lapadula, Bacca and Bonaventura may be squad players, but not necessarily seen as players they want to build around.

I'm not against this particularly, I think despite results we need to build and we're a handful of players short of where we want to be to do that. However, I would hope that we wouldn't be hasty. As mentioned above, I'd monitor the fullback position to see who can be relied on and who can't, and I think this will need to be applied throughout the squad and in our youth. It is important to invest to improve this team and squad, but it is equally vital not to break the good work that has been done with our youth sector and building the cohesive unity and thus destabilise the things that have been going well for us.

A bit left field, but after seemingly missing out on Caldara, I think it would be smart to get Armando Izzo from Genoa. Probably not a name that will excite many, but the guy is a good defender that's generally been very solid at Genoa for a few years now. I like his aggression and tenacity, but also I think his work on the ball is underrated. This year in particular he's showcasing his ability to play the ball out from the back (with stats on par with Romagnoli) and at 24, he's at the right age to step up. I'm not sure if he's the partner we're looking for next to Romagnoli, but I think he'll add depth for sure and give us more options at the back. With Ely, Zapata and Gomez all uncertain of their future at Milan, we will surely need to reinforce and sure up our backline.
Transfer of Luiz Adriano delayed for 10 days. I guess Spartak have troubles to collect that enormous amount of money they need to pay us.
Are we linked to Naby Keita or Keita Balde? I'm happy with either Keitas to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-03-2017, 12:05 AM)PerSempre Wrote: [ -> ]Are we linked to Naby Keita or Keita Balde? I'm happy with either Keitas to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keita Balde.
Also,if we are talking about CM, i would rather get Pellegrini, although Naby Keita is a beast. But seriously, lets get Pellegrini, i havent wanted a player this bad since Chelsea(my first club) started to be linked with Hazard.