AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Transfer Window 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-04-2017, 07:59 AM)edysim Wrote: [ -> ]Yaya Toure 33yo expiring, anyone?

Nah , 34 soon on astronomucal wages and will expect the same.A big pain in the ass too laxy when he doesnt feel like it.He'll go to China for HUGE money
Surprised there's no mention of the rumours today that we're looking to challenge Inter to sign Bernadeschi in the summer, or Berardi is the alternative. Great news if true, I've always said I really like Berardi (though the mystery about his injury this year is a little concerning) and I rate Bernadeschi at a similar sort of level, very talented and has been doing well for a few years now. What I really like about Bernadeschi is his workrate and movement off the ball. I don't mean defensive work, but rather he never stops running and is a constant thorn for opponents. His seeming lack of arrogance and strong work ethic really appeal.

(01-04-2017, 12:19 AM)lucashm Wrote: [ -> ]I Love Italy and everything that comes with it. I Have strong italian roots in my family, and grew up watching the Italian national team, hell i even supported them ahead of my country(brazil) in the world cup lol, so having italians on my favorite italian team, and the most traditional one too, matters alot to me, because if Milan has a strong Italian core, it means that the National team has one aswell Smile

lol, the more I think of Pellegrini the more I'm getting keen on getting him. He seems like a player who would fit really well in the current Milan, kind of doing what Pasalic does, but notably more talented and with more end product in the attacking third.

Anyway, I understand the reasons you want Italians in the team. Honestly, I'm not Italian and have no Italian connection other than football and I guess my love of Italian food, but I've said in the past I do think we need to rebuild around an Italian core or specifically a core of homegrown players (by which I mean grown in Italy, not just Milan and honestly don't care about nationality specifically). Having a group with some like minded individuals who can help build on the history and the culture of the club is important to develop a greater identity to both the team and club. I believe all great sides always have a core of players who had a tight affinity to the shirt they were wearing and Milan is no exception.
(01-04-2017, 08:22 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Surprised there's no mention of the rumours today that we're looking to challenge Inter to sign Bernadeschi in the summer, or Berardi is the alternative. Great news if true, I've always said I really like Berardi (though the mystery about his injury this year is a little concerning) and I rate Bernadeschi at a similar sort of level, very talented and has been doing well for a few years now. What I really like about Bernadeschi is his workrate and movement off the ball. I don't mean defensive work, but rather he never stops running and is a constant thorn for opponents. His seeming lack of arrogance and strong work ethic really appeal.

lol, the more I think of Pellegrini the more I'm getting keen on getting him. He seems like a player who would fit really well in the current Milan, kind of doing what Pasalic does, but notably more talented and with more end product in the attacking third.

Anyway, I understand the reasons you want Italians in the team. Honestly, I'm not Italian and have no Italian connection other than football and I guess my love of Italian food, but I've said in the past I do think we need to rebuild around an Italian core or specifically a core of homegrown players (by which I mean grown in Italy, not just Milan and honestly don't care about nationality specifically). Having a group with some like minded individuals who can help build on the history and the culture of the club is important to develop a greater identity to both the team and club. I believe all great sides always have a core of players who had a tight affinity to the shirt they were wearing and Milan is no exception.

I very much agree both in regards to Bernadeschi and in regards to home grown players. We definitely need a core of "Milan players".

In regards to selling Bacca and buying a new player, I would take our prospects into consideration.

Gabbia
Cutrone
Llamas
Zanellatto
El Hilali
Vido

Why not let them take the place of Poli, Adriano, Vangioni, Ely since they won't be used that much.. we could then look for a creative midfielder or a winger. That would please me... to include even more youngster in our squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bacca is crap recently, but I am not sure that Lapadula is an adequate replacement. He is hard working and I wouldn't trade him away but we still need more quality. Like some here, I don't trust that Galliani would use the fund properly. I don't believe that the so-called Chinese owners could well control him either.
http://www.football-italia.net/96395/bac...hina-wages

Aparently Bacca reject 10M wage from China because he wants to stay at Milan.

http://www.football-italia.net/96399/wat...ilan-honda

Watford chasing Honda. Please this to be truth like for Poli.

Never underestimate Galianis destructive skills and powers. Chinese may be need to agree ,but he can "stall negotiations" with players and than in last day of mercato those negotiations "will collapse" and than he will pop up players he wants (probably some Genoa craps) out of his pocket and Chinese would be in very unpleasant position - to lower their standards or to let team be without any kind of reinforcements. So ,no selling serious players till he's in club. Just sell those craps like Honda ,Poli ,Montolivo etc.
I don't think Bacca wants to stay in Milan. He probably wants to go back to Sevilla. Something like Kaka rejecting Manchester City (100M transfer fee, I believe) only to go to Real Madrid later for a much reduced fee. O

Nonetheless, one should applaud Bacca for rejecting big salary (I am sure it is true) from China. Apparently he has not lost ambition.
Good for him if he rejected that much money. He knows what he wants i guess.
Speaking of Genoa, Laxalt rumour
Considering that China is willing to pay insane amount of money for big name players, I have absolutely no idea how we are only able to get 30M for Bacca. He might not be Shevchenko reborn, but Bacca is a big name player with a proven track record of production in highly visible competitions. To compare, how did Atletico get 45M for Jackson Martinez, and we only get 30M for Bacca? This just screams another Galliani slack ass negotiation. Galliani probably was too busy selling out again and forgot who actually pays for his salary.

I am all for a good youth movement and all, but let's not get carried away and start trying to promote the entire youth squad to first team either. Young players need game time, lots of it, to perfect their craft. Having a bunch of youngsters rotting on the bench in San Siro is hardly going to help them develop quicker. Any valuable insight they gain from the veterans will probably be offset by sitting in the stands every weekend or getting 5 min a game at most. We should only promote guys who are close to being ready to contribute to the first team.
Agreed with both paragraphs slifersd.