AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Transfer Window 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Signs146
(01-12-2017, 08:07 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]

What's the original source for this? I've not seen this anywhere at all today
Everybody says Sky Sport Italia
(01-12-2017, 11:55 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]They are 3 pointe behind us and gathering momentum , they are looking better & as their new signings get more and more used Serie A they'll be consistent (they already are looking consistent won 4 in a row) as the season progresses it is very very possible they overtake us & finish a good few points ahead.

Milan are in a position that no one thought they would be.But you can see how Milan have been lucky on occassions when struggling against Cagliari Crotone Palermo and were lucky to get a point against Atalanta.When any of Bonaventura Suso Romagnoli Paletta miss out we struggle , imagine if 2/3 missed a few games.Our bench is too weak and will not carry this squad when/if it comes to it.

But there's a stark difference between the two... we're generally playing pretty good with a few average games and we've spent peanuts...
Inter is generally playing pretty average with a few decent games and they've spent big money

Our aim this season was to make Europe which, at this stage we're looking like we will... Inter however needs to make Champs for the money spent to be justified... AS for depth, yes our depth is pretty poor but it's not that much worse than Inters... if anything I think they have more quality in the midfield than we do and that's about it... What I would have given to see Joao Mario come to us instead of the retards. 

For all the money spent I would only take one of Banega/Joao Mario/Perisic and Icardi... The rest, I think we've got comparable or better...
Where I think they will in depth is defence and striker... Now with Gagliardini there's an extra good midfielder. 

If we sign one good defender, one good midfielder we're almost in the same boat but with a younger team.
Inter's current regime reminds me a lot of the Moratti late 90s to early 200s era. They spend a ton of money every year on the hottest new toys, be it players or coaches. But the high turnover year after year always made it impossible for the team to truly gel and develop the chemistry needed to really make any meaningful progress. Without talking about how well they are or are not playing, just take a look at all these mega money signings they made the last couple of years, Kondogbia, Jovetic and Gabigol have combined to contribute almost nothing to their team. Perisic is a good signing, but the money spent on the junk could have been and should have been avoided. I am not mad at them for being rich, but you don't want to be stupid and rich. The money spent on Kondogbia alone could have built the team a world class scouting network that can benefit the team for many years to come.
Overspending is not confined to Inter though, their problem is within and cultural too, that's why I have a feeling getting Samuel for the coaching staff, not higher up role like Zanetti has, might turn out to be more valuable and important than any bargain or expensive buy
overspending... I thought that was part of the condition of getting promoted to EPL?
(01-12-2017, 11:55 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]They are 3 pointe behind us and gathering momentum , they are looking better & as their new signings get more and more used Serie A they'll be consistent (they already are looking consistent won 4 in a row) as the season progresses it is very very possible they overtake us & finish a good few points ahead.

Milan are in a position that no one thought they would be.But you can see how Milan have been lucky on occassions when struggling against Cagliari Crotone Palermo and were lucky to get a point against Atalanta.When any of Bonaventura Suso Romagnoli Paletta miss out we struggle , imagine if 2/3 missed a few games.Our bench is too weak and will not carry this squad when/if it comes to
It's a bit contradictory to praise Inters 4 game winning streak, completely ignore the fact that we just won the suppercoppa and have been winning games (clearly more than inter hence the +3 with one game in hand that you forget to mention),then mention that we struggled against lowly sides in the past, but ignore the fact that Inter have suffered embarrassing defeats to sides I've never even heard of in Europa league... 
I really think Inter are MILES behind us. They may have spent more money, which seems to be the majority of what you're caught up on in your posts, but they definitely dont have a strong core of Milan-made youth products, one of them heir to Buffon, and they are nowhere near the level of chemistry that we are. It doesn't matter what players you buy, without a core of loyal hard-working players and a lot of time playing together you'll never win. Even teams that spent 100's of millions had nothing to show for years. We have a core, we have some chemistry and a noticeable style of play that we're developing, and our Chinese are a lot richer than Inter's.. We should really wait for them to complete the takeover and let the summer mercato pass before we continue being so pessimistic. All we're missing is a couple star players and maybe a few players to add depth and we're good to go. 
Bottom line, I don't think Milan are lucky. Any team transitioning will have its ups and downs, as long as there's improvement then its fine and if you've been watching as many Milan games as I have in the past few years, then it's pretty obvious we're a different team this year.

Plus, don't feed into the useless hype around players. Suso will run circles around Gabriel Jesus, he's largely unimpressive from what I've seen.. Spending money doesnt guarantee results. When you do spend the money, it should be to add the missing piece of the puzzle.

I dont think we should be talking about having 0 money, maybe we do now in January but the takeover is not complete. If these Chinese owners spent this kind of money to take Milan, its literally common sense that they didn't do it to continue mismanaging the club and continue to not invest.
(01-13-2017, 07:24 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]It's a bit contradictory to praise Inters 4 game winning streak, completely ignore the fact that we just won the suppercoppa and have been winning games (clearly more than inter hence the +3 with one game in hand that you forget to mention),then mention that we struggled against lowly sides in the past, but ignore the fact that Inter have suffered embarrassing defeats to sides I've never even heard of in Europa league... 
I really think Inter are MILES behind us. They may have spent more money, which seems to be the majority of what you're caught up on in your posts, but they definitely dont have a strong core of Milan-made youth products, one of them heir to Buffon, and they are nowhere near the level of chemistry that we are. It doesn't matter what players you buy, without a core of loyal hard-working players and a lot of time playing together you'll never win. Even teams that spent 100's of millions had nothing to show for years. We have a core, we have some chemistry and a noticeable style of play that we're developing, and our Chinese are a lot richer than Inter's.. We should really wait for them to complete the takeover and let the summer mercato pass before we continue being so pessimistic. All we're missing is a couple star players and maybe a few players to add depth and we're good to go. 
Bottom line, I don't think Milan are lucky. Any team transitioning will have its ups and downs, as long as there's improvement then its fine and if you've been watching as many Milan games as I have in the past few years, then it's pretty obvious we're a different team this year.

Plus, don't feed into the useless hype around players. Suso will run circles around Gabriel Jesus, he's largely unimpressive from what I've seen.. Spending money doesnt guarantee results. When you do spend the money, it should be to add the missing piece of the puzzle.

I dont think we should be talking about having 0 money, maybe we do now in January but the takeover is not complete. If these Chinese owners spent this kind of money to take Milan, its literally common sense that they didn't do it to continue mismanaging the club and continue to not invest.

Its not contradictory.Inter were shit and are slowly looking better.I have not ignored Milans form.The Super Coppa like the Charity Shield is meaningless.I

We have surprised everyone up to now but anyone with a brain can see we have major problems in midfield issues upfront on the left wing and a leaky defence and a piss poor bench.We still struggle to break down small teams.

I am not caught up on Inters spending.Thats a ridiculous statement.I'll just ignore the rest after you said I'M caught up on Inters spending.
Seripusly when have I have ever and I mean ever said anything positive about Gabriel and its Barbosa not Gabriel Jesus , he plays for Man City.

We are definitely a few star players away from being a contender , star players that will cost a lot.Oh and we're also a successful takeover away from having any money to spend or make an offer.Until thats done we wont be able to make any offers for star players.