AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Transfer Window 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wish I could take long vacations in Brazil Beach Grinser044
I don't really have a problem with us signing Caceres, I have a problem with the contract length. I would offer 6-month contract, let him play the rest of the season and EARN another contract. I think it's ludicrous to give him that long of a contract knowing he hasn't played in a while. If he plays really well I'd offer him the additional year to be a sub and give depth for next season. Let's not forget he can play almost anywhere in the back.
Just saw this news from two days ago...

Quote:Fiorentina No Longer Pursuing Caceres
Or maybe they never were
by Trayers  Jan 31, 2017, 4:08pm CET

Things can move quickly in the world of football. Within the space of two days, word on the purple grape vine has gone from Fiorentina being heavily linked to ex-Juventus defender Martin Caceres, to the Uruguayan international having failed a medical, to Director of Football Pantaleo Corvino denying he ever had any interest in the player.

Comfortable playing anywhere across the back line, Caceres’ speed, aggression, and discipline have led to a succesful career covering for some of the best defenders of the 21st Century, and collecting an impressive set of silverware along the way, though his injury history and the emergence of Daniele Rugani led to him being deemed surplus to requirements in Turin at the end of last season. If he’d have been able to stay fit, and that is a big if, he likely would’ve made a valuable addition to a Viola squad that is looking increasingly likely to go into next season with a dearth of talent across the backline.

Caceres has been without a club since the Summer, and earlier this month saw a move to Turkish outfit Trabzonspor fall through after he failed a medical. With Fiorentina now officially out of the running, Premier League side Crystal Palace - whose boss Sam Allardyce has publicly expressed an interest in bringing the Uruguayan to London - now appear to be the frontrunners for the well-decorated defender.

Fiorentina’s activity in the mercato though seems to have come to a close, with Corvino stating that he expects nothing but a few minor exits before the window closes.
(02-03-2017, 04:47 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really have a problem with us signing Caceres, I have a problem with the contract length. I would offer 6-month contract, let him play the rest of the season and EARN another contract. I think it's ludicrous to give him that long of a contract knowing he hasn't played in a while. If he plays really well I'd offer him the additional year to be a sub and give depth for next season. Let's not forget he can play almost anywhere in the back.

I think it's a 4 month contract with the possibility of extending next season. And you're right, he can play at CB and RB, and started his career as a left back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-03-2017, 04:47 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really have a problem with us signing Caceres, I have a problem with the contract length. I would offer 6-month contract, let him play the rest of the season and EARN another contract. I think it's ludicrous to give him that long of a contract knowing he hasn't played in a while. If he plays really well I'd offer him the additional year to be a sub and give depth for next season. Let's not forget he can play almost anywhere in the back.
Whats wrong with the contract its for 4months.Its not for any longer and by the time we get to June we'll have new owners 'supposedly" .Im not sure where you got your contract info but its only 4 months.We're weakened in defence and even when all are fit we pretty poor and leak lots of goals.Hes the best free agent available he may not even play but if he does it could be good business.
@Jay, Many news agencies were saying that it's an 18month contract early yesterday. As the day went on, reports emerged that the contract is actually only for the remainder of the season.
Why would we spent even a single euro for player who can't contribute anything ? From like a million clubs in the world only few showed interest in him. On one of those he even failed medicals. He hasn't played for over a year. IF G says he'll "be fit in a month", that's like 2-3 months in reality. Injury history for last two years...for museum. And than contract ends... Goodbye sheeps and thank you for your 400 000...
Maximum we sould have offered to him is - volontaire contract with no salary (he's not earning anything right now ,anyways) ,just payed apartment ,food etc. In exchange for his "services" he has chance to revive his career. And option that if any club want to sign him with giving him actual salary ,he can terminate contract with us and go freely... You agree Caceres? Good. You don't agree? Keep roting wherever you're right now...
I agree. Reports are saying that he won't be ready to play for another month...so I don't see what the point is. It will be mid-March probably by the time we are even able to see him on the field, and by than, we should have all of our fullbacks available anyway. I would take the Caceres of 2 years ago over any one of our current fullbacks to be honest (even if Caceres isn't even truly a fullback, but a "hybrid" fullback if you will).....but this isn't the Caceres of 2 years ago. This Caceres hasn't played in over a year and failed a medical at Trabsonspor just 2 weeks ago.
It's been years of us mostly signing players that "used" to be good and now we just hope and pray that they rediscover their past form. That's the way we gather garbage for the most part and than can't get rid of it. I'm so tired of that. If you can't sign a class player...than don't sign anyone. Promote a Primavera player and be done with it.

The way I see it, the only good part (or relief I should say) about this deal is the fact that Galliani didn't tie us down to him for 18months like it was initially reported. We'll just have to do with this and again, hope and pray that Caceres rediscovers his old form to hopefully give us a hand.
(02-03-2017, 02:04 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]Whats wrong with the contract its for 4months.Its not for any longer and by the time we get to June we'll have new owners 'supposedly" .Im not sure where you got your contract info but its only 4 months.We're weakened in defence and even when all are fit we pretty poor and leak lots of goals.Hes the best free agent available he may not even play but if he does it could be good business.

Like Nefremo said, many news reports were saying 1.5 year contract. As my previous post stated, I'm ok with half season contract.
(02-03-2017, 03:25 PM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]Like Nefremo said, many news reports were saying 1.5 year contract. As my previous post stated, I'm ok with half season contract.

The more that comes out the more I tend to agree with your initial post , he has not played in 11 months since his achilles injury and wont be ready until March maybe not match fit until the middle or end end of March.By the time hes ready Calabria and DES will be playing.Not sure I want Salt Bae now.