AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Transfer Window 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big Grin I don't disagree. I have been very disappointed with him.....but even if he is useless right now, we still have no use for the money. Transfer window is closed, and I am afraid this money will just "evaporate" somehow into Fininvest's accounts (or Berlu's pockets). I would rather sell him after the takeover is complete in the summer, and have a part of that sum go towards our summer budget.
(02-08-2017, 07:07 PM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]He doesn't need replacing, he's like playing with a man down 90% of the time. He comes through the odd occasion with a goal but he contributes absolutely nothing in open play.

Icon_lol2
(02-08-2017, 07:07 PM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]He doesn't need replacing, he's like playing with a man down 90% of the time. He comes through the odd occasion with a goal but he contributes absolutely nothing in open play.

That was my thought... Better to just let him go while we can get the money for him and play Lapadulla, who actually looks better on the field then Bacca, and use Cutrone as back up.
(02-08-2017, 07:20 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Big Grin I don't disagree. I have been very disappointed with him.....but even if he is useless right now, we still have no use for the money. Transfer window is closed, and I am afraid this money will just "evaporate" somehow into Fininvest's accounts (or Berlu's pockets). I would rather sell him after the takeover is complete in the summer, and have a part of that sum go towards our summer budget.

actually, Didn't think about that part... I'd sell him provided Fininvest don't get the money. Maybe wait till the club sale goes through and then sell off Bacca. No point keeping him there if he's playing like crap, getting a high wage, and we have someone ready to buy him now...
(02-08-2017, 07:20 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Big Grin I don't disagree. I have been very disappointed with him.....but even if he is useless right now, we still have no use for the money. Transfer window is closed, and I am afraid this money will just "evaporate" somehow into Fininvest's accounts (or Berlu's pockets). I would rather sell him after the takeover is complete in the summer, and have a part of that sum go towards our summer budget.

Agreed, I approve of selling as long as Finivest doesn't pocket the money.

It's not even his lack of skill anymore, it's his attitude too. He messes up numerous chances and always gets frustrated and stands still instead of tracking back. He's a decent player, I'd imagine him doing well at a team like Genoa or even Fiorentina, but I'm not really sure what all the previous hype was about. Albeit, at Sevilla he impressed me too, only God knows what happened to this guy.

On a side note, I know some of you may not agree with what I'm about to say, but I like Pasalic. I hope we can buy him off Chelsea permanently, he's the type of quality we need for a sub. He's young and has potential, but even as he is he makes few costly errors, and when the team is playing really well he doesn't do anything to decline that performance, but if anything he may even improve it slightly.
Depends on what you want. Milan to fight for the title and be a factor in the CL? Or Milan to fight for 3rd-6th spot sometimes making it, and sometimes not.

Let me say it a different way...do you think Pasalic can get into ANY team in the top leagues in Europe that fights for the title and is considered a strong CL team? (Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern, City, Psg, Chelsea, etc.) I don't think he can. If he was on those teams he would probably get as much time as Poli gets with us this season. As a matter of fact, he belongs to one of those teams (Chelsea), and clearly he can't get a sniff of any minutes over there so they've been loaning him out for a couple years now without the prospect of him returning and making it there. Don't get me wrong, obviously just because you can't make it in one big team it doesn't mean that you can't make it anywhere else. There are plenty of examples of players failing in one club and than realizing their potential elsewhere. But I just don't see anything more to be realized in Pasalic. It's not that he didn't make it in Chelsea "because of the environment" or "the style" or something like that. He hasn't made it over there because he simply doesn't have the quality in my opinion. There is nothing that stands out about him, and he looks to be an average midfielder. And to be completely honest, I'm just tired of gathering average players....because with them, you get average results. I think Pasalic's top level is maybe a team like Lazio or Fiorentina. They fight for European spots and show promise, but reality is that they are never a factor when it comes to winning titles.

In contrast, players like Suso and Deulofeu for example have already been at big clubs and also haven't made it there......but imo there is something about them. There is an extra spark there and a high level of talent that you can just see. Whether they can cut it consistently in a title chasing team is a question. So far they clearly haven't as they've ended up in a mid-table quality Milan.....but I still see an "unrealized" potential there as opposed to Pasalic, who I think is showing all that he can do. There are no glimpses of something extraordinary that's just not consistent and we are just waiting for it to be consistent. It's just the same old average performances time and time again.

We gotta think a little bigger. If we sign Pasalic, it should be only as a back up to better midfielders. He should not be a starter, because with him and players like him as starters, we would get exactly what we are getting now....a fight for 6th place.
http://www.football-italia.net/98117/mil...ere-report

Milan still hold out hope of signing English midfielder Jack Wilshere in the summer, according to reports.
The midfield needs to revamped, but i'm not so sure Wilshere is the answer if we have a ton of money this summer. Not so much because of lack of talent...but because of injury worries. Definitely not for 20mil cuz there is too much of the unknown there, but wouldn't mind him on a loan + option/obligation or a substantially smaller sum. Still, if we have a big budget as noted, I'd rather go for someone with more guarantees...at least in the health department.

In terms of the midfield, imo:

- Sosa and Poli = definite sale
- Mati and Pasalic = definite release
- Bertolacci = sell if possible or use as a trade pawn; if not, he can stay as a back up. He's good enough for that
- Kucka = keep and use only to close out games in last 10 mins...unless a crazy offer from China comes
- Bonaventura and Locatelli = definite keep (starter material)
- Montolivo = no matter what we think, he will stay. (Back up/rotate with Locatelli)

So that only leaves us with:
>Locatelli and Bonaventura as starting material players
>Kucka and Montolivo (and possibly Bertolacci) as the rotation/back up players.

Meaning we would need 2 players. 1 definite starter (splash the cash and get a world class guarantee). 1 starter/rotation player. Depending on if Bertolacci leaves, we might have to get 1 more rotation/back up player. In terms of names, I am talking something like Isco (definite starter), Kessie (rotation/starter). Not saying these names are realistic, just giving an example.
Call me crazy. I would keep Poli around (I have said that year after year) This guy can be a backup to backup, but his work ethic and passion are invaluable. I don't think he can take direct credit for the win yesterday, but you've got to admit that he instilled positive energy into a team otherwise struggling and dying on the pitch.

I agree with you on everything else (maybe on Pasalic, I really don't know what I think now).
I think players from the list of Keita Simeone maybe Bernadeschi Deulefeu Pellegrini Badelj guys like Wilshere are the most realistic type of signings.The Agueros Aubameyans Iscos would be great , but they wont happen this window we just dont have the money.Aubameyang alone is going to cost €80m

I see this window being one where we upgrade the starting 11 with A CB Badelj Keita maybe a CF too but beyond that I dont expect huge signings.I see that coming when we make the UCL...