AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 11'/12'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-21-2012, 11:16 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I saw his assist on their first goal at least. But I miss him in the team for what he did for us over the years and for what he shows he can still offer, things that are missing in our team - midfield creativity. And, he's world class.

No offense, but I think it's the "grass is greener on the other side" kind of post.
Pirlo is still class, but he wouldn't solve our creativity problem.

Because in the last years that he played for us, we still lacked creativity.
+ I don't think he fits into our system anymore.
He wouldn't fit into our system in the old way when he was the deep playmaker. Allegri has changed it around. However, Pirlo would still have been perfect as LCM and provided creativity (last season he was injured and out for many games), but unfortunately he felt that he was no longer the leader on the team and would not accept the new short contract.

I do miss him, but the ship has sailed. We have to look forward.
(01-21-2012, 10:58 PM)Stitch Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2012, 09:09 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]A player can certainly refuse a transfer, and the club will have to pay him as long as it is under contract. The club can play hard ball and send the player to the bench or the stand, make him come to every training, every meeting without letting him play, but they have to pay him. the player could request to be sold, but the club can certainly refuse; the club could try to sell the player, but similarly, the player can certainly refuse also.

Please keep in mind, a contract is to protect not just the club, but also the player.

this Smile

From a legal and business stand point a club can sell any players to any other club even if the players refuse, unless they have the right of refusal in their contract. Since the players, for the lack of a better word, the property of the club.
However, due to the BOSMAN ruling, players can now leave for free when their contract is over. That's why no club in this world will pay any money for a player who refuses to play for them. Prior to the BOSMAN ruling, players cannot leave their current club unless given approval from the club even if their contract with their current club expired. In other words, players can be trap within a club without pay for as long as the club wants. Thats why CLUBS then can send whoever they want to whichever clubs, since players do not have any other options.

As for the new contract between the new club and player, thats only there for the new club to get max value for the paid transfer fees. Ex., Instead of 20mil(transfer fee) and the 3 yrs remaining contract with the player, with a new contract, it will be 20mil(trans fee) and a 5 yrs contract.
(01-22-2012, 03:57 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2012, 10:58 PM)Stitch Wrote: [ -> ]this Smile

From a legal and business stand point a club can sell any players to any other club even if the players refuse, unless they have the right of refusal in their contract. Since the players, for the lack of a better word, the property of the club.
However, due to the BOSMAN ruling, players can now leave for free when their contract is over. That's why no club in this world will pay any money for a player who refuses to play for them

I agree with the last part of your post....but what happens when a player (as Tevez has done with PSG) does not agree personal terms? I am sure players are insisting on "right of refusal" clauses in their contracts...and if he did, and insists he only wants Milan, then what?
(01-22-2012, 02:07 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]He wouldn't fit into our system in the old way when he was the deep playmaker. Allegri has changed it around. However, Pirlo would still have been perfect as LCM and provided creativity (last season he was injured and out for many games), but unfortunately he felt that he was no longer the leader on the team and would not accept the new short contract.

I really miss him. Damn Allegri, you play Ambrosini, but no place for Pirlo. I guess it was more of a financial issue rather than tactics/system issue.
(01-22-2012, 08:23 AM)mzk57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2012, 02:07 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]He wouldn't fit into our system in the old way when he was the deep playmaker. Allegri has changed it around. However, Pirlo would still have been perfect as LCM and provided creativity (last season he was injured and out for many games), but unfortunately he felt that he was no longer the leader on the team and would not accept the new short contract.

I really miss him. Damn Allegri, you play Ambrosini, but no place for Pirlo. I guess it was more of a financial issue rather than tactics/system issue.

It is both. The main factor is indeed Pirlo's unwillingness to accept reduced wage and length of contract. The fact that Ambrosini's role (not quality) is more fit into his new system isn't helping either.
(01-22-2012, 04:39 AM)Warro Bantan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2012, 03:57 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: [ -> ]From a legal and business stand point a club can sell any players to any other club even if the players refuse, unless they have the right of refusal in their contract. Since the players, for the lack of a better word, the property of the club.
However, due to the BOSMAN ruling, players can now leave for free when their contract is over. That's why no club in this world will pay any money for a player who refuses to play for them

I agree with the last part of your post....but what happens when a player (as Tevez has done with PSG) does not agree personal terms? I am sure players are insisting on "right of refusal" clauses in their contracts...and if he did, and insists he only wants Milan, then what?

Right of refusal works both ways, thus it ensures that a club won't lose their players for nothing. If both sides are playing hardballs, an arbitrator will be brought in to settle the deal. Let's use this Tvez thing as example, if Tevez only wants Milan but Milan can't meet the demand of City by a lot while PSG can. If an arbitrator is brought in, PSG will most likely win the case, since they as offering more money to City and as good a contract To Tevez. Ofcourse there are other factors will put into considerations, like family ties or bonds....but in Tevez case, there is none.

Having said all that, I doubt Any clubs would go through this process to get a player bc they could save a lot of time and money to get someone who is as good or better.

To answer our question, if Tevez say Milan or bust. While Milan is offering insulting deals, City will probably make Tevez stays as money to me is no object. I mean, Tevez must know that the longer he sits on the stand the longer it will take him to come back as a WC player.
tevez will definitely add a new dimension to our attack noone bite my head off but if he plays at his best we wont be relying on ibra as much thats for sure
(01-22-2012, 09:00 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2012, 04:39 AM)Warro Bantan Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with the last part of your post....but what happens when a player (as Tevez has done with PSG) does not agree personal terms? I am sure players are insisting on "right of refusal" clauses in their contracts...and if he did, and insists he only wants Milan, then what?

Right of refusal works both ways, thus it ensures that a club won't lose their players for nothing. If both sides are playing hardballs, an arbitrator will be brought in to settle the deal. Let's use this Tvez thing as example, if Tevez only wants Milan but Milan can't meet the demand of City by a lot while PSG can. If an arbitrator is brought in, PSG will most likely win the case, since they as offering more money to City and as good a contract To Tevez. Ofcourse there are other factors will put into considerations, like family ties or bonds....but in Tevez case, there is none.

Having said all that, I doubt Any clubs would go through this process to get a player bc they could save a lot of time and money to get someone who is as good or better.

To answer our question, if Tevez say Milan or bust. While Milan is offering insulting deals, City will probably make Tevez stays as money to me is no object. I mean, Tevez must know that the longer he sits on the stand the longer it will take him to come back as a WC player.

I really doubt that someone could send Tevez to PSG if he doesn't want to be there. I don't even understand why PSG would take him if he doesn't want to be there. The situation at PSG would then be just the same as it is now at Man City... Either Tevez goes to Milan, where he clearly wants to be or he continues to be owned by Man City for now - playing or not playing.
Pirlo's time at Milan was over!! He was terrible in his last 2/3 seasons. I dont miss him at all. He wasnt the player he was 4/5 years ago, he was fantastic back then.