AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Barcelona vs Ac Milan - The clash of the titans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(09-13-2011, 09:39 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: [ -> ]What a lucky match, if Berlu or Galli come out and say Milan is at the same level as Barca, they should be shot

Okmilan

100% agree. We were gifted a point. But I'll gladly take it....
(09-13-2011, 09:58 PM)Ryo Wrote: [ -> ]Nocerino is our new Rino.

No coincidence then? Sagrin Devilcool
(09-13-2011, 09:50 PM)fLame Wrote: [ -> ]Wait what? Allegri showed how? How exactly did we stop Barca? Huh

I thought you watched the game. Sleepy

(09-13-2011, 09:59 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: [ -> ]And Nocerino will quickly be fan favorite if he remains this way Okmilan

Oh yeah! Nocerino is the new Boateng! Devilol

(09-13-2011, 10:00 PM)russo-neri Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2011, 09:39 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: [ -> ]What a lucky match, if Berlu or Galli come out and say Milan is at the same level as Barca, they should be shot

Okmilan

100% agree. We were gifted a point. But I'll gladly take it....

Well, to say we were gifted a point is disrespectful to the teams atitude at the end of the match, and Thiago's fine header.
Barca could have done more, but they didn't expect us to equalize.
What to say... pretty pathetic performance from us, but coaching mastery by Allegri. And we got away with the draw. Smile

We defended very well, if it wasn't for stupid Abate's mistake that led to the first goal, they couldn't hurt us except from the distance. Allegri's plan worked very well, but perhaps he made mistake by starting Cassano up-front. Cassano was DREADFUL. He should not start any big game anymore. Special mention for Seedorf who practically played all alone in midfield and gave his all even in the last minutes. Great man and a great player, the model sportsman even at 35. Nesta was our best player of the pitch. His tackle on Messi was most amazing, he may be 35 but he's the finest tackler that ever put the foot on the football pitch. Silva was great too. Side backs were good in defense, except for the first goal, and I blame Abate for that as he should kick the ball away and not cover it. Pato, for the first goal, I went "WTF?!". If there ever be new Ronaldo it will be Pato.

That's for the good things. For the bad... Midfield was very bad, to say the least. Van Bommel is clearly out of form. His defending was good, but on the ball he was very bad. Nocerino provided great energy, but he was nowhere in defense on many occasions and played as bad on the ball as his compatriots in midfield. Ambrosini needs to retire, just to say.

We should not be carried away with the draw at Camp Nou. Barcelona was very pathetic, with there circling around the box, it was painful to watch. It was funny to see proclaimed "midfield of the century" unable to create any clear-cut chances. Kaka, Rui Costa, Pirlo, anyone?!

As for us, we have certainly missed Ibrahimovic, as we didn't have a player that could hold the ball. And with Cassano we were like with the man down in the first half. Also, Seedorf (though he was very good tonight) and Ambrosini should not be considered as starters at the big stage anymore. We need energy.
Also, if we want to compete at the big stage we MUST finally find a replacement for Kaka! Boateng is not classy AM and never will be. Ganso should be considered, perhaps even Kaka himself. [/align]
(09-13-2011, 10:02 PM)Siregar Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2011, 09:50 PM)fLame Wrote: [ -> ]Wait what? Allegri showed how? How exactly did we stop Barca? Huh

I thought you watched the game. Sleepy

I am not sure if you are serious or not... I will just warn you not to get overly confident. If we meet Real, Barca or ManU in play offs, it will be a completely different story.... IF we don't play MUCH better than today.. we will get dismantled.
Anyone has a link to our goals?
Seriously guys, WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH ALL THE ABATE BASHING? Huh

I am not sure your noticed but MESSI RAN THROUGH 3 OF OUR DEFENSIVE PLAYERS before RUNNING THROUGH ABATE!!!!! Idea

Watch the replay if you don't believe me. Huh
Gifted points? Only because Thiago Silva scored in the last minutes?

THIS IS Champions League, you can't let players sleeping in the last minutes!
Don't get me wrong, I am not surprise at how Milan played against Barca, b.c that's what happened to teams when they face Barca. What I am disappointed is the fact that I thought Milan could do better and pressure Barca more but that did not happen at all. I don't think we did better or worse than what ManU did a few months back, since the stakes were different and Barca was without Pugol and Pique from the start.
Personally, I don't think missing Ibra and Robinho made that much difference since even with them healthy, Max will still play a tight 4-4-2 like today and if Milan can't get the ball to them, they will do no different than Cassano and Pato. Maybe Ibra might help due to his height, but it won't be as much as Barca missing Pique. Since having Pique will probably prevent the first goal while he is another weapon for Barca at set pieces, esp., corner kicks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35