AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Euro 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Thank God for Mancini Okmilan
Italy with a nice comeback today
(06-11-2019, 09:40 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Italy with a nice comeback today

Insigne was on fire today  Heart

Italy group looks pretty interesting as Armenia and Finland are above Greece and Bosnia. I am betting for Italy and Finland to qualify
Italy have been playing some interesting football lately.. a huge improvement from Ventura, and a bit actually reminds me of the good old days.

Solid at the back, even though Chiellini does make horrendous mistakes, and great in attack. Insinge utilised to the fullest under Mancini.

Only thing missing is actually a reliable goalscorer for the National team, as even Quagliarella has failed to deliver.

PS: G.Mancini(Defender we're linked with) was pretty much disappointing and easily beaten on 1v1 situations. not promising.
(06-11-2019, 11:02 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]PS: G.Mancini(Defender we're linked with) was pretty much disappointing and easily beaten on 1v1 situations. not promising.

I agree but he was played out of position
I guess he is like Chiellini/Maldini/Kaladze who can play both CB/LB? but his primary position is CB? (haven't seen him play at all. curious only because we may be linked to him. I desperately want some quality on LB position for our team.)
Well Italy did play with three in the back for most the game
I think Mancini would be a good signing but he has room for improvement like most young players
(06-11-2019, 11:33 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]I agree but he was played out of position

He's still a defender nonetheless.. I mean I would understand if Borini was played as RB and got owned by a winger every single time, but a CB being played as RB is not an excuse really.

Look at how when De Sciglio entered he completely shut down the right wing, and he's not even as good as he was when he debuted for Milan.
(06-12-2019, 06:10 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]but a CB being played as RB is not an excuse really.

Yes it is because fullbacks generally have more speed to track wingers.  In Mancini's case yesterday, he fucked up marking Dzeko so I agree with you in that playing out of position wasn't a factor in the instances he fucked up but generally speaking it does make a difference
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11