AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another Redondo? Well, at least in Morata's case time is on his side since he's still young.
Yeah. Sympathy for Morata. But still enjoy a good laugh Big Grin
Tavecchio seems ahead in the FIGC race as Serie B leaders seem to be with him (I haven't seen any details why). However, support for Albertini has been growing.

Un****ing believable! Tavecchio has made a comment about foreigners eating bananas:

http://www.football-italia.net/52649/tav...cist-gaffe

You want to know why Italian football is going down the toilet, it's because ****ing idiots running the show choose to support idiots like this. Only 2 (Juve and Roma) Serie A clubs are supporting Albertini. Two things to note there, first we aren't supporting our own in this situation, two, Barbara's publicly had a spat with Tavecchio, so we know it's not her that's supported him (i.e. one of the other 2 clowns running our club supported him).

Thankfully, supporters of Albertini have come out to talk against Tavecchio's comment, notably Tomassi:

http://www.football-italia.net/52656/tom...ver-racism

While the ***holes in Serie B still show him support:

http://www.football-italia.net/52657/abo...not-racist

If this idiot comes into power, **** Serie A and Italian football as it deserves whatever ****hole it becomes in the future.
I couldn't believe that what I read when I opened that article earlier this morning. I don't know what's worse. The fact that he, as someone of authority, made that comment in the first place or that idiots are actually trying to defend him by saying he's not racist. How can you make a comment about foreigners eating bananas one day then playing in Lazio the next. Quite convenient that he chose Lazio as well as an example given the Joseph Minala story. Disgusting. I now definitely hope he loses.
I'm surprised there's such a lack of response to this whole situation. Honestly, we can support Milan all we want, but if idiots like this run Italian football into the ground then whether we get our act together or not is meaningless.

Some of the defence I've seen of this clown is laughable, but this is one of the worst from Lotito:

http://www.football-italia.net/52696/lot...t-criminal

He says all this about a guy who has lost five trials for fraud, abuse of office and failure to disclose information in an inquiry from 1970 to 1998.

Honestly, I'm actually worried Italian football is totally finished. You look at the kind of results Italian football gets against peers in Europe, look at the lack of funds and transfers and the way Italian football sells its stars and it's hard to see how it will return anytime soon. This is without even considering the administrative issues and backward laws Italian football has to face. When considering these additional factors, the picture is even more bleak.

It's just as bad when you look at the national team. Italy's completely forgotten it's history and foundations and no longer has the competitive edge it used to. We can point to Euro 2012, but in all honesty that's an anomaly in a series of poor showings since 2006.

Honestly, at club level Italian football is barely comparable to the Portuguese or Dutch leagues (even then, Portuguese top teams might be better).
(07-28-2014, 10:16 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised there's such a lack of response to this whole situation. Honestly, we can support Milan all we want, but if idiots like this run Italian football into the ground then whether we get our act together or not is meaningless.

Some of the defence I've seen of this clown is laughable, but this is one of the worst from Lotito:

http://www.football-italia.net/52696/lot...t-criminal

He says all this about a guy who has lost five trials for fraud, abuse of office and failure to disclose information in an inquiry from 1970 to 1998.

Honestly, I'm actually worried Italian football is totally finished. You look at the kind of results Italian football gets against peers in Europe, look at the lack of funds and transfers and the way Italian football sells its stars and it's hard to see how it will return anytime soon. This is without even considering the administrative issues and backward laws Italian football has to face. When considering these additional factors, the picture is even more bleak.

It's just as bad when you look at the national team. Italy's completely forgotten it's history and foundations and no longer has the competitive edge it used to. We can point to Euro 2012, but in all honesty that's an anomaly in a series of poor showings since 2006.

Honestly, at club level Italian football is barely comparable to the Portuguese or Dutch leagues (even then, Portuguese top teams might be better).

Well, what can you expect from a criminal running a disgusting club supported by fascists?

As for Italy's prospects, I agree it looks really bad. The whole football system needs a restructuring at least the size of the one Germany undertook since 2000. And in Italy it's not just the development of players, but the whole financial structure surrounding the clubs (including the stadium situation). It could be done, but considering the Italian political system, I'm not holding my breath (well, maybe, but only to escape the stench of corruption...)

I have a feeling the only way Italian clubs will be competitive again, is by foreign investment a la PSG and Monaco (who also play in a financially unappealing league). But to the extent this has happened, as in Roma and Inter, it's not remotely enough to push these clubs in to European elite.

Btw. I should note I'm not saying foreign ownership is the way I want to go. It's just the easiest way out, and doesn't make up for the failings of the football system in the country.
I think foreign owners who truly invest in the club could be good for the national team as well. When the Sheikh bought Manchester City back then, I thought he was another rich dude who wants a football club as a toy, but he's actually making some smart investments. One project is apparently setting up a world class youth academy and youth project. If they pull that off, that can only be good for the nation as a whole.

I just don't think truly shrewd businessmen would buy clubs in Serie A as investments at the moment. Infrastructure and regulations in leagues such as EPL makes it much easier to build a club into a moneymaking global brand than in Serie A. I think all we're going to get is second rate investors who ultimately don't have what it takes to truly make a difference.

I mean, people talk about how football is a reflection of the nation as a whole, but Spain is doing very poorly economically and is still dealing with quite a bit of social discontent (although they are apparently on the way up), and their football is still doing well.

Barbara seems to be the only sane person in our management. I have doubts about her abilities, but at least she comes across as a normal person.
In case anyone was wondering, of course Galliani supports Tavecchio!

http://football-italia.net/52759/gallian...-tavecchio

Quote:Adriano Galliani confirmed Milan continue to support Carlo Tavecchio for the FIGC Presidency despite a racism row.

“We say that any old Opti Pobà can come here, before he was eating bananas, now he’s playing in the Lazio first XI,” said 71-year-old Tavecchio on Friday.

Fiorentina, Cesena and Sassuolo have withdrawn their support, but Galliani assured Milan are standing with him.

“It was certainly an unfortunate phrase, but that’s where it ends,” the CEO told Sky Sport Italia.

“Milan’s position does not change. Tavecchio is not a racist, he just made an unfortunate comment.”

The other candidate is former Milan star Demetrio Albertini.

“I know Albertini, he is a friend and our personal rapport is very good.”
Why would that surprise us? An old fart supporting another? Angry Particularly since Barbara Berlusconi just recently had a run-in with Tavecchio, Galliani should find it more rewarding. The enemy's enemy is my friend, no?