AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just learned that today is both Galliani and Barbara's birthday. You would think these two birthday buddies should really get along so well.

[Image: 28wp2fb.jpg]
Happy Birthday to both.

The party/cake costs better not come from our transfer budget :p
(07-30-2014, 09:20 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Happy Birthday to both.

The party/cake costs better not come from our transfer budget :p

It shouldn't. Our "transfer budget" can't afford that cake, unless it is, here it goes again :d, loan with an option to buy. DevilolIcon_lol2
more like: see with option to eat Big Grin
(07-30-2014, 03:06 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]These elections always seem like politics to me more then anything else. There is no voting as they say. It's all pre-organized and decided with meetings and promises. "I'll scratch your back - you scratch mine" type of deals.

The fact that Tavecchio has now made a fool of himself is altering the process a little bit and all of a sudden this has given Albertini a window. I wish Albertini wins because I think Italian football needs big reforms. A lot of the reforms can not be done by either of the candidates though and it needs to stem from the government itself. Therefore I don't know how much impact either of these two can actually have if they are not in turn supported by the lawmakers. The stadiums issue is the big one here.

I think most teams are hoping that with the little time that's left until the "election", these comments by Tavecchio slowly disappear and are forgotten. It's a shame really as the man does not deserve to be the leader of anything if his mind is stuck in the stone ages. How is he supposed to take Italian Football back on the right track if he has ALREADY caused controversy?!?! There has been way too many of these controversies in Italy throughout the years.....Italian Football needs someone that gets rid of them, not someone who starts them before even entering office.

I agree with the first comment about it being political backscratching more than democracy, which is precisely a reason why I think it's invaluable to discuss this out in public, whether it be on media coverage or people discussing it in forums like these. It's one of the ways to push the establishment to change. In Tavecchio's case, who ultimately represents the status quo in Italian football administration, the media pressure after his racist remark is the difference between him winning comfortably and him being forced out of the running and with potential ramifications from the Italian Office of Racism (who are investigating his comments now) and FIFA (there's actually a very good podcast on Beyond the Pitch about their own corruption lately).

I think we're seeing a slow change in the stadiums issue in Italy, in that clubs are slowly (very slowly), making headway legally to start building stadiums. Juve and Roma have made the most headway, with Fiorentina and others also making progress. We, for all our faults, actually appear to have everything we really need in place to build a stadium, barring possibly the most important thing, money.

Regarding Albertini winning, I've got ideas of what his policies are, but not full details. Obviously one of the biggest things for me is his process to essentially "force" clubs to develop youth. This makes sense in that clubs will develop more quality players internally, cutting costs not buying whole squads of foreign exports and obviously contributing to the national team as a result of more focused development of young Italians. The problem is if he was to come into power, his project would need time (years) before the benefits can be reaped. It's a necessity, but whether clubs are willing to show the patience required to make progress is another matter.

(07-30-2014, 03:50 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]By default I could never support someone who made such a racist comment so automatically Tavecchio is a no-no for me. I doubt there is any English source with a good compilation of both candidates' policies but I would definitely like to see it if it exists. I feel like if anyone would know it's Hasan but he's been MIA for a while. The bottom line is that the Italian football structure needs major reform if Italian clubs and the national team are going to become competitive again.

Hasan is always very good with stuff like this. I have had a quick look, but not in any detail at all as I'm just so busy with various things atm. Google searches are dominated by Tavecchio's comments rather than the heart of the topic.

I totally agree with your comment on not supporting someone who makes such racist remarks and the need for reform.

(07-30-2014, 05:36 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Like it was said earlier......It's a big problem when the people in charge of this club can not agree which candidate is the best for our club. How are they supposed to agree on anything else? Galliani needs to go.....

Yeah I said exactly the same in the Mercato thread. Honestly, when seeing it was Barbara's and Galliani's birthday yesterday, my first thought was "happy birthday Barbara, F--- off Galliani". Big Grin

(07-30-2014, 05:34 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Dev, you intimidated us with your well-thought and well-written posts, so I see no hope of adding any quality to this thread, hence my inertia. So, shame on you. Angry

Grinundwech

Nah, I can speak at least for myself that although other members are busy or lazy to respond, your inputs are greatly appreciated. I agree that this thread should deserve more attention, but again I can speak at least for myself that thanks to Galliani who successfully ruined Milan, my appetite for football (in general) is ruined too. I even felt lost during WC, and no one can argue WC would be a much greater thing than Serie A. Cynicism and pessimism-induced apathy are at work here. Sad

lol, Xu I appreciate the comments. Tbh, the "well thought" posts are generally rants I have Big Grin . The reason I try to encourage more discussion is I do think this is the biggest topic around concerning Milan at the moment. Plus, for all I have to say, I do want discussions rather than just sharing thoughts, as I'm sure many posters (and we've seen since the post you quoted) have very important opinions on the matter where I get to learn new things or see things from a new perspective.

As for feeling disillusioned about football, I'm actually similar. However, it's not just the corruption we see in Milan or the Italian game, but also corruption at a larger scale, such as in the heads of the various regions in football. More than that, the levels of corruption in FIFA and the way it's run leaves me feeling even more sour, as you go further into topics whereby FIFA has a law on itself seperate from governance and any sort of transparency (to the point where they're able to take any investigation on their organisation internally and therefore are simply investigating themselves). Going to this level is downright scary and leaves you wondering how much of what we follow so religiously is just dictated by others running the game. Honestly, as I follow football these days, I'm often wondering to myself how much of what I'm watching is the pure essence of what the sport is and how much is dictated by the whims of 25 old heads running FIFA.
Nothing exciting to report today. Albertini says that it is right that Tavecchio moves forward with his candidacy and Tavecchio says that as long as he has the support of all the leagues, he'll keep running for the position.

Quote:Demetrio Albertini has met with Olympic Committee chief Giovanni Malago this morning, and believes it right he challenges Carlo Tavecchio.

The former Milan midfielder is going up against the 71-year-old in the race for the FIGC President post, which will be voted on next month.

Tavecchio had been seen as the clear favourite, but after he was heard making a racist remark at the weekend, the playing field has levelled out somewhat.

The 42-year-old though, has claimed that he is happy to go toe-to-toe with the septuagenarian.

“[Malago and I] have not talked hypothetically about the FIGC presidency,” he told ANSA.

“I reiterated to him that at this time there is no need for that given there are two candidates for the job.

“I think it’s right that [Tavecchio] moves forward.”

Quote:Carlo Tavecchio has insisted that he will continue to fight for the FIGC presidency, despite calls for him to stand down.

The chief of the Amateur game in Italy is going up against Demetrio Albertini to replace Giancarlo Abete for the top job in Calcio.

However, his favourite tag was quickly quashed over the weekend after he made racist remarks.

Despite several clubs publically backing down from their support for Tavecchio, the 71-year-old has claimed that he will still run for President of the Federation.

“I’ll go ahead with my candidacy for FIGC President,” he briefly told reporters.

“As long as I have the support of all four Leagues.”
Finally got a little research done to find the policies of the candidates:

To Summarise:

Albertini (who apparently wrote a 25 page manifesto):

- Wants youth academies set up throughout the country to follow the model that France, Germany and Belgium have taken
- Wants second/B teams for clubs (like Spain)
- Wants a Financial Fair play type system in place in Italy (ultimately to get clubs to invest in more long term projects, such as youth)
- Wants a clear distinction between amateur and professional leagues
- Wants a cap on squad sizes with 8-10 youth products in each squad
- Wants a reform of the league to reduce physiological stress on the players, but without any clear plan (GDS states he wants to have an 18 team Serie A, 20 in Serie B).
- Wants to restructure how FIGC is formed and governed without specifying details
- Wants to tackle issues on taxes in sport, without specifying particular solutions at this point
- Wants to improve areas such as violence, corruption, and match fixing
- Wants to improve sporting culture in Italy and introduce school activities
- Wants more governance rights to give citizenship to Italian immigrants abroad
- Wants Conte for Italy job
- Wants to improve resources and accessibility to Coverciano to improve youth development in Italy

Tavecchio:

- Wants greater resources given to youth development (focusing on amateur leagues, hence the support of lower divisions)
- Wants a similar non-EU system to England where a work permit is required to work. Essentially, in the UK non-EU players need to have had certain experiences at International level before a club can play them. This is often viewed as a drawback here.
- Wants more governance rights to give citizenship to Italian immigrants abroad (I'm a little unsure if this was for Tavecchio or just poorly translated and referred to Albertini only). Seems odd if Tavecchio wants this as he's looking to limit non-EU players coming into Italy.
- Doesn't want B teams
- Wants to allow owners to be able to own multiple clubs (e.g. Salernitana is owned by Lazio owner Lotito). Conflicts of interest here?
- Wants to enforce a certain level of control of youth products in first team squads, but hesitates on free working rights
- Wants a reform of the league to reduce physiological stress on the players, but without any clear plan (16 team Serie A has been mentioned, 18 in Serie B)
- Wants to restructure how FIGC is formed and governed without specifying details
- Wants to tackle issues on taxes in sport, without specifying particular solutions at this point
- Wants to improve areas such as violence, corruption, and match fixing
- Wants to improve sporting culture in Italy and introduce school activities
- Wants Conte for Italy job

Hopefully, that makes it a little more clear what the policies are for each candidate. I've tried to summarise as best I can, but bear in mind there are likely to be some mistakes/misunderstandings. There's generally a fair amount in common in what they want to do, but the general differences appear to be how they want to develop and nurture youth players and how they intend to get clubs acting more financially aware. It is also obvious that while both want to act in some areas, possible solutions aren't being provided.

Personally, I'm only more convinced by Albertini's policies, which at the very least easier to decipher and understand mainly because they're more clear than Tavecchio's which seem rather ambiguous and confusing. Albertini's policies also appear to be more in the interest of Italian football as a whole than specific individuals or clubs.

Here are the sources I used to get this information:

http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2014/07/...o/1076861/

https://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/notizie/s...--sow.html

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/07/...-campaign/
How does Spain decide which teams have B teams? I know Real Madrid and Barcelona have B teams but I'm not sure which other teams also have B teams and how this was decided. Is it perhaps just the teams who can afford it?
Yes, the non-EU thing has helped England *NT* so much and hurt their *clubs* so little ... </sarcasm>.

Wondering which candidate Conte supports if he wants the NT job. :d