AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Carlo Tavecchio

Quote:“We need to take Serie A down to 18 teams and reform the other Leagues as a consequence. We can do it if we reform the CONI principles, because with the current rule requiring a 75 per cent majority it’s unlikely to go through.

“A 20-team Serie A creates difficult situations. We can’t have Nazionale get-togethers, it forms a clogging of the fixture list and a championship that is difficult to maintain with the current financial restrictions.”

Plenty of reasons to dislike this guy, this is something I fully agree with though
Serie A will go back to 18 teams, then in a few years, 20 teams again, maybe even 22. It is cyclical.
(02-12-2015, 04:31 AM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Carlo Tavecchio

Quote:“We need to take Serie A down to 18 teams and reform the other Leagues as a consequence. We can do it if we reform the CONI principles, because with the current rule requiring a 75 per cent majority it’s unlikely to go through.

“A 20-team Serie A creates difficult situations. We can’t have Nazionale get-togethers, it forms a clogging of the fixture list and a championship that is difficult to maintain with the current financial restrictions.”

Plenty of reasons to dislike this guy, this is something I fully agree with though

It's not that difficult to agree with tbh. It's something pretty much everyone barring a few powers at be agree on.

Still around the subject of Tavecchio, a real problem is Lotito who was one of his biggest supporters. Since Tavecchio came in, Lotito's been every possible liberty to make his influence felt, it's ridiculous.
hmm, just yesterday I posted about Lotito being a problem in Serie A and just earlier today I posted how Italian football's always got issues with scandals. Now, I see a new scandal and guess who it involves?

http://www.football-italia.net/62590/lot...ontroversy

Carpi have also commented:

http://www.football-italia.net/62593/car...o%E2%80%99
And they still use phones, so bad it's funny
Lotito's an arrogant idiot, there's no two ways about it. Thing is, this story is likely to blow up if this is true:

http://www.football-italia.net/62607/mor...dings-come

It could get very serious and it's interesting to note that Lotito's already apparently being abandoned by people close to him. Tavecchio is most notable, as he's apparently distanced himself to Lotito following the scandal.
God, how I hate this arrogant piece of shit. He should be held responsible for saying such things.
It is so sad that Italian football is full of filthy people like that.
Aren't Carpi one of our feeder clubs?
I know we have Gabriel playing on loan for them..

anyhow, they do deserve some credit, from Serie D to top of Serie B in what? 4-5 years?

I'd like to know more about them if you can find anything Dev..(I Didn't find anything more than the Wikipedia page)
maybe we can switch to supporting them instead of Milan Big Grin
Well, there is always Genoa, allegedly our feeder club too, but amazingly has done so much better than us. :d

I really don't know what our problem is. It has to be a collective failure to have a team sink this low. We are not Juventus or Roma but we do have enough quality players, but our results are only better than Parma's at this moment. Facepalm