AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how much did they pay for him??
(07-27-2015, 07:31 AM)sylrus Wrote: [ -> ]how much did they pay for him??

£2m loan fee
£10.25m compulsory purchase
up to £2m in performance-related clauses (if Inter return to the Champions League and win the Serie A title during Jovetic’s time at the club)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11765818/Manchester-City-could-earn-14.25m-from-Stevan-Jovetic-Inter-Milan-deal.html
I really liked Jovetic at Fiorentina and really thought he was a fantastic player, but this move is very high risk. The guy's career has gone downhill badly since moving to City, wrought with injuries and lack of consistency. He's barely played over 30 games since moving.

The deal, I believe, is something like £2m loan this season, then an obligation to spend around £8-12m in summer 2017 to sign him outright (dependent on performances). I've heard slightly different figures from elsewhere, but this appears to be the general deal being rumoured. If it comes off and Jovetic performs, then it's good business, as they get a top talent in his mid-20s for around 20m euros at the most.

However, as with many Inter dealings this summer, there's a pretty high risk in their transfer strategy this summer. If it doesn't come off and they fail to reach CL this next season, I'll be interested in knowing what the future holds for them.
the price is quite fair to be honest, for some1 as talented as he is but with the risk of injury quite high. if i remember in his last day at fio he is already injured quite a lot. and i dont think the management will want to deal with another high risk injury player after pato and ses.
That's true, he also struggled with injuries at Fiorentina. I don't want to compare it to our market anyway. I'm satisfied with Bacca and Adriano coming and if Ibra comes, even at his age he's still going to be a more significant purchase than any other player realistically coming to Serie A for immediate results.
1-Juve
2-Roma
3-İnter
4-Napoli
-
-
-
12.Milan

my Serie A predictions.
(07-28-2015, 10:25 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]That's true, he also struggled with injuries at Fiorentina. I don't want to compare it to our market anyway. I'm satisfied with Bacca and Adriano coming and if Ibra comes, even at his age he's still going to be a more significant purchase than any other player realistically coming to Serie A for immediate results.

Yes, I admit it's not easy not to compare our mercato to Inter's but that is not the point. They got stronger and so did we. In my opinion we have a better coach (I know it might sound biased but I truly believe that) and more money to spend from now on. 

What I'd like to see: 2 CBs, and one top class midfielder. 
And I will insist, a good left back would do no harm. I still think we're not solid there. 
Ibra is Ibra. Bringing him back would be great. I never wanted him to go anyway and Serie A is his breakfast.

As for what we were talking about in another thread.

Roma want to bring Dzeko, that's for sure. They are willing to sell Romagnoli just to do that because they are left with just Destro on that position. Still even if they fail to do so, they have some players that can adjust to a system that does not require a poacher. They have a history in doing that.

Actually, I'm more curious about Fiorentina. I reckon they'll still have a strong team with Suarez from Atletico strengthening their midfield but they lost their best defender with Savic going the other way. Plus, they have a new coach.
Sputnik, I agree with you that our coach is better than Inter's. Mihajlovic has potential although definitely not proven, but Mancini is a proven loser. Icon_lol2
Wow Vidal is officially off to Bayern, Jube might not be as strong as last season..

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
They lost Vidal and Pirlo, possibly Pogba too (not very likely though). That's their midfield. Add Tevez who was very important for Juve and one can say they need to do some serious readjustment to be in the same form this season. 

They have money, they signed some good players but I'm curious to see how they cope with so many significant changes.

Still, favourites for the Serie A title if you ask me.