AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-01-2015, 09:27 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]As mentioned numerous times before, it's a high risk signing that could become very beneficial. I'm actually more concerned at how Inter are progressing though. I know as fans we have no hesitation to laugh at our direct rivals failing, but Italian football needs a strong Milan and Inter. Milan, thankfully, appear to be on the right track, but Inter this summer, despite the big moves are showing few signs of significant improvement. I know it's very early to tell what will happen, it could easily be Milan continues it's struggles and Inter are champions, but at this point, things are a little worrying.

Totally agree. It's simple: the stronger the Serie A level = more competitive Serie A teams = better Milan.
I watched a little of Galatasaray - Inter earlier and gave up after around 10-15 minutes as it was just a terrible game. Inter look awful right now, and now have lost their last three games, scoring none and conceding 5. Ironically this time it was two ex-players that combined for the goal, with Podolski setting up Sneijder. Things aren't looking too good with Inter right now.

I've also just watched the first half of Nice - Napoli. It's 2-2 and Napoli are clearly a work in progress. When they get things right, they look like a side that would win Serie A, but then when they get it wrong, they look awful. However, that's more reflective of players losing discipline tactically or rather making technical mistakes, I don't think it's as a result of anything Sarri's doing. Also, our Gabriel is in goal and honestly has looked poor. He was at fault for the Nice opener and then made a terrible attempt to punch out not too long after. He improved since, making a good save, but overall this isn't the same keeper I saw with Carpi last season.
Some interesting news around calcio today. Roma are close to Gerson 

http://www.football-italia.net/70521/rom...erson-deal

Now I'm a little confused by the article as it says Gerson's a fullback and that picture isn't of him (as far as I'm aware). Gerson, the one Roma have been linked to is an AM for Fluminense who is very quick, direct and technically quite gifted. Barca have also had first refusal on him, hence the two clubs must negotiate. It's also been thought this might be Roma's way of gaining leverage for Adriano from Barca.

More news around Roma is Salah apparently trained with them

http://www.football-italia.net/70526/sal...t%E2%80%A6

Only it was apparently illegal and a picture was put up by mistake.

Finally, but imo even more baffling than the previous two stories is this

http://www.football-italia.net/70524/int...-melo-swap

I get that none of Juan Jesus, Nagatomo, Dodo and Taider are world beaters, but Melo is such a mediocre player, with such a big attitude problem. More confusing is they're giving up some decent young talents for Melo, again, Melo!? I don't get it, why do they even need Melo, they have quite a few (actually very good) midfielders as things stand and two of them are known for the physical qualities/aggression in Kondogbia and Medel. Juan Jesus I really don't get, he actually showed some positive performances last season and I thought he would be kept as part of squad alongside Murillo, Miranda and Rano. Even more strange to me is that they would offer Nagatomo or Dodo. It's ironic because Inter are known to need a good LB. Thing is, Nagatomo and Dodo are good LBs, they've just been wasted at Inter. Rather than getting rid of them, why not try to make use of them properly? They've also tried to sell Guarin this summer, but again, I don't really get why, seeing as he's been one of the better performers in recent years and despite having had problems with the club, could be valuable for a club in transition. Thing is, that's Inter all over in recent years, they have good players like the ones mentioned, never mind names like Shaqiri or M'Vila, yet they get things so wrong.

With they way they're working, I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they have another train wreck of a season. They could be amazing, but things they are doing just baffle me at times.
I think the purchases they made this year have hurt them badly, they now need to sell... that's the only logic behind anything they're doing.

If not, then Galliani is a damn genius compared to whoever is their sports' director Grinundwech
The Salah stuff that's going on is just Big Grin! Fiorentina's directors are turning out to be really pathetic to be honest. Starting fromt he whole saga the year we beat them to the CL spot. They always get hung up on some issue. I understand they paid Chelsea an extra 1mil to keep Salag, but they need to work that out with Chelsea and move on. They are embarrassing themselves at this point imo.
(08-04-2015, 02:06 AM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]The Salah stuff that's going on is just Big Grin! Fiorentina's directors are turning out to be really pathetic to be honest. Starting fromt he whole saga the year we beat them to the CL spot. They always get hung up on some issue. I understand they paid Chelsea an extra 1mil to keep Salag, but they need to work that out with Chelsea and move on. They are embarrassing themselves at this point imo.

You can see why they feel they've been hard done by. Few years ago they paid Berbatov flight ticket to Florence and he somehow ended up in Monaco. Then Milinkovic-Savic arrived at their training ground supposedly to take medical test and he changed his mind at the last minute and chose Lazio. And now Salah.
(08-03-2015, 11:14 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I think the purchases they made this year have hurt them badly, they now need to sell... that's the only logic behind anything they're doing.

If not, then Galliani is a damn genius compared to whoever is their sports' director Grinundwech

They need to sell, but I struggle to see any real structure to their approach. Milan also needs to sell (I believe the squad is currently 27), but it feels much more structured in the way things are being done. T@hat's saying something when talking about modern Milan.

On Fiorentina, I agree with both of you. It's true they've been hard done by, but there's something clearly not being done right if this stuff keeps happening. Also, the way they deal with anything in the press is just ridiculous.
With both Salah and Dzeko joining Roma, they're starting to look even more scary...
Was watching Juve in the supercoppa and the first thing that came to my mind was that this is truly an Allegri team now. They did score two goals in the end but they were pretty terrible to watch. Though they were playing a 3-5-2 reminded me of Allegri's Milan for some parts.
Some Chinese fans who watched the game said that the pitch condition was quite bad so neither team wanted to play too hard.