AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Napoli and Juventus are untouchable. I still think Juventus will win the title though because they have the better defence. They just look a bit more compact. Although Napoli's intensity plus Higuain can help them.

Either way, even as far as we are from a CL place, we still have a hope for it. Inter, Roma, and Viola are inconsistent just like us. As a matter of fact, since November or something like that, neither one of them have had a better campaign than us. We just have to have a better second half of ther season than the first half by maybe 12-15 points and we can be in the mix.

I guess hope really is the last one to die...
Of course wherever there is scandal, Galliani and Co are always involved...see below.

Quote:The breaking tax evasion scandal named ‘Operation Offside’ reportedly involves 35 Serie A and B clubs and more than 100 players and agents.

News broke this morning of an inquiry that had been set up by the Naples public prosecutor to investigate tax evasion and false invoicing.

Further details are now emerging about the scale of the scandal, with Calcio e Finanza reporting that finance authorities in Italy are carrying out searches and have seized around €12m worth of assets.

Lazio and Napoli Presidents Claudio Lotito and Aurelio De Laurentiis, Milan vice-President Adriano Galliani, PSG winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and Modena Coach Hernan Crespo were named as reported suspects this morning.

An updated list of suspects includes Palermo, Genoa and Fiorentina owners Maurizio Zamparini, Enrico Preziosi and Andrea Della Valle as well as players including Atalanta captain German Denis, Torino striker Ciro Immobile and Milan’s Antonio Nocerino.

Calcio e Finanza reports that a deep-rooted system designed to evade tax and being used by 35 clubs in the top two tiers and more than 100 individuals is being investigated.

Full list of 45 directors allegedly being investigated:

Alessandro Moggi, Marco Sommella, Vincenzo Leonardi, Riccardo Calleri, Umberto Calaiò, Leonardo Rodriguez, Fernando Hidalgo, Aleandro Mazzoni, Edward Lipstick, Antonio Percassi, Percassi Luca, Claudio Garzelli, Giorgio Perinetti, Luigi Corioni, Gianluca Nani, Sergio Gasparin, Pietro Lo Monaco, Igor Campedelli, Maurizio Zamparini, Rino Foschi Daniele Sebastiani, Andrea Della Valle, Oronzo Corvino Alessandro Zarb, Enrico Preziosi, Luciano Cafaro, Jean Claude Blanc, Alessio Secco, Claudio Lotito, Marco Moschini, Renato Cipollini, Aldo Spinelli, Adriano Galliani, Aurelio De Laurentiis, Tommaso Ghirardi, Pietro Leonardi, Pasquale Foti, Eduardo Garrone, Umberto Marino, Massimo Mezzaroma, Roberto Zanzi, Giovanni Lombardi Stronati, Francesco Zadotti, Sergio Cassingena, Massimo Masolo, Dario Cassingena.

Full list of 16 players allegedly being investigated: Gustavo German Denis, Quintero, Adrian Mutu, Ciro Immobile, Matteo Paro, Hernan Crespo, Pasquale Foggia, Antonio Nocerino, Marek Jankulovski, Cristian Chavez, Inacio David Fideleff, Ezequiel Ivan Lavezzi, Gabriel Paletta, Emanuele Calaiò, Cristian Molinaro , Rios Pavon, Diego Alberto Milito.

http://www.football-italia.net/78927/ope...dal-erupts
I also forgot to add that Sarri only got a 2 match ban for his homophobic slur while De Rossi escapes punishment for his offensive comment towards Mandzukic. This league is stuck in the stone ages with regards to some of their philosophies. In any other position, the offender would be out of a job within 24 hours.
Sarri's ban is right imo. Yes his insults were homophobic in nature, but a lot of people by nature will say similar things when irritated, not necessarily thinking of the connotations related to the insult. I was much more irritated by Mancini's attitude towards the whole thing, as I think he was intentionally trying to use this episode to try and destabilize Napoli's league run, using the whole homophobic thing as an excuse for personal gain. I think that sort of backhanded approach to gaining an advantage is just as inexcusable.
(01-27-2016, 09:55 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Sarri's ban is right imo. Yes his insults were homophobic in nature, but a lot of people by nature will say similar things when irritated, not necessarily thinking of the connotations related to the insult. I was much more irritated by Mancini's attitude towards the whole thing, as I think he was intentionally trying to use this episode to try and destabilize Napoli's league run, using the whole homophobic thing as an excuse for personal gain. I think that sort of backhanded approach to gaining an advantage is just as inexcusable.

Isn't that right there the main problem? People should be made to understand that it is not tolerated instead of just letting it slide time and time again.

I do agree though that Mancini should have left the passing of judgement to the people in charge. He seemed to be trying his utmost to get Sarri banned for a lengthy period of time.
I'm unsure about this whole scandal ...

These guys have to be examples.
Acting like they do could fire everyone in this world in a serious firm.
If I'm not wrong, the English word for the insult is "queer" ?

But at the same time, this insult is no more connotated to homosexuality ... Well, most of the people who use this insult here in France don't mean you're an homosexual (the sad part actually is that when someone tells you that you're a homo directly, which isn't an insult, it can be seen by some people like an insult) but simply that you're a "girly guy" (don't know if it has any meaning), someone who is afraid of a lot of things, or someone who falls everytime you touch him (in football).

Anyway, I don't know how this word is used and understood in Italy.
(01-27-2016, 09:55 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ] I was much more irritated by Mancini's attitude towards the whole thing, as I think he was intentionally trying to use this episode to try and destabilize Napoli's league run, using the whole homophobic thing as an excuse for personal gain. I think that sort of backhanded approach to gaining an advantage is just as inexcusable.

This. This annoyed me more than anything! They tried to make an issue out of it. It was a heat of the moment remark and the guy got the punishment. No way was it a homophobic remark, mostly coz.. Mancini is not gay. Or is he?
(01-27-2016, 04:23 PM)somedevil Wrote: [ -> ]This. This annoyed me more than anything! They tried to make an issue out of it. It was a heat of the moment remark and the guy got the punishment. No way was it a homophobic remark, mostly coz.. Mancini is not gay. Or is he?

Who really cares about what is Mancini ? All I know is that he's a real moron ...
(01-27-2016, 02:38 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't that right there the main problem? People should be made to understand that it is not tolerated instead of just letting it slide time and time again.

I do agree though that Mancini should have left the passing of judgement to the people in charge. He seemed to be trying his utmost to get Sarri banned for a lengthy period of time.

I think Sarri's insults are no worse than if he was to call Mancini an "***hole", because while the terms he used have traditionally been intended as a derogatory remark against homosexuals, in the context of modern times, it's really generally used as just a generic insult that isn't intended to attack a specific group of people. Had he called Mancini a "p***y", would we be having a debate on whether he's a horrible sexist? These terms aren't acceptable in any situation, but my point is there's a difference in using them to attack one individual in what is ultimately a trivial event and using them to discriminate against specific groups of people.

Given the situation and the context in which the insult was said, I think it's safe to assume it wasn't meant to be malicious towards gay people. Therefore, I think the punishment received was fair, the incident had juvenile behaviour imo from both managers, but I don't think it's particularly related to larger social issues in Italy.

That's also why I was annoyed with Mancini's reaction. He's making mountains out of molehills to try and gain a sporting advantage. I cannot stand people who claim to take the moral high ground only to try and serve their own needs. That sort of underhanded technique is for me just as bad as insulting someone or discriminating against a group of people.
(01-28-2016, 10:30 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]I think Sarri's insults are no worse than if he was to call Mancini an "***hole", because while the terms he used have traditionally been intended as a derogatory remark against homosexuals, in the context of modern times, it's really generally used as just a generic insult that isn't intended to attack a specific group of people. Had he called Mancini a "p***y", would we be having a debate on whether he's a horrible sexist? These terms aren't acceptable in any situation, but my point is there's a difference in using them to attack one individual in what is ultimately a trivial event and using them to discriminate against specific groups of people.

+1
It's exactly what I meant in my previous post (previous page of this topic), but you explain it in a better way, because I think my post could have been misunderstood ! Smile

All football players are pussies anyway !

PS : Just kidding ahah