AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would love for a Bielsa to happen to Inter. The jokes that would follow from Milanisti and Juventini..
So much Bielsa hate, will ban you all

Grinundwech
Bielsa's a coach that's influenced football huge amounts. He's a visionary coach. However, with all due respect the guy is mental. He's got a history of being difficult with his employers and it's one of the reasons why I've pretty much never suggested he could coach Milan.

Then at Lazio you have Lotito. Besides his very dubious activities (along with friends like Galliani and Preziosi), the guy isn't exactly known for being easy to work with or accommodating. It astonishes me this deal was ever a possibility, it was a train wreck waiting to happen, I'm amazed it lasted even this long. That said, I'd have love to have seen it prolong a bit, Lazio would have been great entertainment this year, on and off the pitch.
(07-09-2016, 11:28 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Bielsa's a coach that's influenced football huge amounts. He's a visionary coach. However, with all due respect the guy is mental. He's got a history of being difficult with his employers and it's one of the reasons why I've pretty much never suggested he could coach Milan.

Then at Lazio you have Lotito. Besides his very dubious activities (along with friends like Galliani and Preziosi), the guy isn't exactly known for being easy to work with or accommodating. It astonishes me this deal was ever a possibility, it was a train wreck waiting to happen, I'm amazed it lasted even this long. That said, I'd have love to have seen it prolong a bit, Lazio would have been great entertainment this year, on and off the pitch.

I don't think so. He's a good coach, nothing more, totally overrated because of/thanks to the character he built and medias just love that.
The guy resigned..
I can appreciate Bielsa's way of producing high intensity football, but I agree that he is a little overrated. He has never won a title with a team, correct? I'm not saying that coaches should be judged by titles.....but if I was to classify them into tiers, Bielsa probably wouldn't be anywhere near the top one....and the fact that he's never won a title is a part of that.

I'm a believer that talent (for the most part) will find its way up the latter somehow, especially when you are already at the professional level and got a pretty famous name (like Bielsa). However he's never managed it and there is a reason why no big club teams have never gone for the guy also. Perhaps like Dev said, his attitude and craziness has a lot more to do with it than his ability.
If you look at results and even performances, Bielsa's ideas haven't necessarily yielded results, at least not in terms of winning. However, I still think he's a visionary who has had a massive influence in the sport, particularly in South America. It was his ideas that formulated the recent successes of the Chile side, one which is now lead by Sampaoli, who by his own admission follows Bielsa's priciples extremely closely.

In the Americas, he's heavily influenced Martino, Sampaoli and Pochettino to name a few, but his influence is large throughout the region stretching across to have some impact on many of the rising coaches in the past decade or two. Brazil is probably the one big exception, I'm not aware of his methods being adopted there, but given the state of Brazilian football, that's not necessarily a good thing. He's also been a very big influence on Pep Guardiola, the two sharing a friendship and mutual respect for each other's work.

My point was and remains that Bielsa isn't a coach who is easily judged based on his results. They're generally not that impressive. Nor is it easy to see what influence when looking from the perspective of European football, because his impact in European football is limited when compared to what he's done in America (generally south and central). However, he has made a lot of steps in making an impact in the game based on his ideas. In that regard he reminds me a little of Zeman if I'm honest, though on a significantly bigger scale.
There's all sorts of weird stuff going on in Serie A right now. Our situation aside, just look at the headlines today:

http://www.football-italia.net/todayspapers/87208

On Wanda talking about Icardi, it annoys me when spouses of players start mouthing off in the press about people or clubs. Satta with KPB is somewhat similar, outspoken and irritating.

The situation at Bologna is bizarre, with Diawara not turning up for training and Cheick Keita demanding more money after a year in Serie B and yet to prove himself at Bologna. I think both of their actions will only damage their reputation, as a guy like Diawara impressed me enough last season to think he could have been really good for Milan, but now I don't want him if this is his attitude.
Wanda is also his agent i think.
If that's true then just wow based on what I've read from her.