AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
England already hired Sam Allardyce. Mancini can wait until Pep gets fired next summer Tongue
Honestly, I'd take the Higuain weight issue with a slight pinch of salt, because the pictures may just be unflattering and even last season at Napoli he did look hefty. That said, he does look to have some unwanted fat there.

On Mancini, I'm kind of disappointed not to see a circus play out at Inter this season, their preseason has been nothing short of a disaster. That said, Frank De Boer has been showing some good qualities at Ajax and may be a good appointment. If Inter strengthen, it's only really good and important for Serie A on the whole, the league needs the Milanese clubs to return.
I am a big fan of De Boer. I wanted him here. Having said that, I hope I was wrong about him and I hope he gets destroyed at Inter.
Season opener:

Roma 4 - 0 Udinese
65' 76' Perotti 83' Dzeko 84' Salah

Perotti had come on for El Shaarawy a few minutes before his goals. Paredes played 90 minutes.
Was a very good Roma side today. First half wasn't great, but second was really strong. Udinese on the other hand were a disappointed, I expected more.
Pipita with a goal in his debut
Juve have a line up with Evra, Pjanic, Pjaca, Benatia, even Higuain today, on the bench. May be even today's bench players are better and Allegri slowly switches some. But the point is unless Allegri and the players really mess it up to not win Serie A for the next few years. Not saying anything particulary new I guess but still.
That's some crazy names on the bench. So upsetting.

Who cares though? I don't think Juventus will be our direct competition anyway. We should watch out for Roma, Napoli, Inter if we are ambitious enough (CL), or Lazio, Fiorentina, Inter (yes, again), Sassuolo, or even Torino if we shoot for EL, or Crotone, Palermo, or Pescara if we ... (never mind).
What a great weekend. Inter get facked. Birsa scores a double to sink Inter.
I think the positive for us is that other than Roma and Juve having good results, a lot of the bigger teams struggled this weekend, whereas teams we need to keep an eye on like Lazio and Sassuolo won, but they were slim victories.

Inter looks like a club on the verge of crisis, more concerning than the loss itself is how the players spoke in the press afterwards.