AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was surprised to read some of that stuff from their players. It was only the first game after all, and Chievo looked very good. That was the best Chievo I've seen in a long time, if not ever. They were a really cohesive unit that left no spaces in their half. They pressed right at the midfield line and made it very tough for Inter.

Of course, it would be incredible for Inter to spiral into crisis at the beginning of the season, picking up 1/2 points out of the opening 3-4 games. That wouold be great! Big Grin

About Roma....they had the most convincing victory, but I saw the game...and they didn't look thay convincing to be honest. As a matter of fact, the 1st half was very even and Udinese had some very good half chances to score. The difference was that they didn't capitalize and Roma did.

I didn't watch Napoli this week (i might do it during the week), but Juventus looked really good especially in the first half. They completely outmatched the Viola and were playing on at least a couple levels higher. The game evened out in the last 15-20mins, and it's incredible that it could have ended as a tie....but Juventus looked very good. A class of their own at this point.

All goals from this week: https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/b9gz.mp4
I was very impressed with Pescara. Cristante might really come into his own finally.
Surely Joe Hart to Torino would be one of the most unexpected transfers, no? Reports say a loan is close.
it is
i was surprised to see him ok to move to torino
Pep saw the problem, Hart was never realiable for City. ( and NT) Surprised he didnt choose other English clubs.
It is a bit strange, but I think Hart probably wants to try and develop given he's not been going through the easiest period. Plus, the English media haven't been easy on him, especially after his mistakes in the Euros.
Inter have left Joao Mario and Gabigol off the list for the Europa League to avoid FFP penalties.

Interesting ....
ha ha fucking joke of a club.
By the way, here is a very good video on FFP and player amortisation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHgRiDvP...e=youtu.be
You can amortize the transfer fee on your books, but I think the biggest thing that matters is how you pay the other club. I am not saying this video is not correct (I actually am in accounting), but it is more complicated than this. For the Di Maria example, this video uses amortization as if the player is an asset. I don't know the logistics of football accounting and maybe UEFA allows for players to be considered as assets, but in any case the outgoing cashflows to PSG will ultimately determine the money spent on Di Maria on the Income Statements. PSG has to receive their 60mil Pounds somehow and United has to show that they paid this money to PSG somehow. If they spread the payment out to 3 years for example, than the cashflows will exit the club's account in 3 years (or 20mil pounds per year as an expense). The annual salary will show up as a "salary expense" every year...so I'm not sure how that (the salary) can be put into any kind of an amortization schedule.

But there are ways for this to be done, where you show profits...however it remains highly depended on the terms of the purchase and the sale of the player. Say United is paying PSG in 3 years, which means 20mil pounds per year starting the summer of 2015.....than their accounts for 2015 will show a cash outflow of 20mil for that year. Than the following summer (2015) they sell Di Maria for for 44mil pounds, and let's say they receive the fee all at once (highly unlikely, but let's go with it).....than that means that that they will have made a profit (FOR THAT YEAR) of 24mil pounds (as they will have to pay PSG 20mil as it was agreed on). However, the following year (2016), they have to pay PSG another 20mil.

This was just a hypothetical scenario, and although I understand what the video is saying......it really doesn't work like that in most businesses. However, the rules might be such that they allow for that to happen. I don't know how UEFA accounts for Financial Fair Play. I don't know if they for example look at balance sheets and only care to see if liabilities (obligations to pay/what you owe) went down compared to previous years meaning your debt levels went down....or if they look at income statements to see operations for that year and than compare it to previous years to see if there are improvements....or if they look at cashflows and see how much came in and how much went out..and what were the sources of it.

In any case, I think the video provides an interesting way to look at transfer fees and proves the fact that it isn't so black and white as to.....we spent this much, we must be in the red....or we sold players for this much, we now must have a certain amount to spend, etc.