AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Inter, Juve, Napoli and Milan hold the top four positions after two rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if they're all there at the end of the season too (knock on wood). Would be really good for Italian football.
I also think this could be one of the best seasons we've seen since the early to mid 2000s. Serie A has become a lot stronger.
It's certainly exciting compared to recent years. I don't think it's been this balanced since from around 2004.
Better "since seven sisters" Big Grin

But the "seven sisters" Serie A were: money + football strategy, and now: good management + football strategy.

It is exciting to see current top four are running by brains.
As mentioned in the mercato thread I'd be interested in seeing thoughts on the serie a mercato from people.

I don't have much time now, but will post some thoughts later hopefully. One thing I will say is I think on the whole we had the best mercato in Italy while I don't think many other top teams have significantly improved.
As mentioned, I think it's worth looking at the mercato of other clubs as well as our own, so here's a few thoughts and scores of a few teams that caught my eye:

Inter: What started out very slow turned out to be somewhat solid in the end. They tried to improve weak areas, notably the wingbacks and kept hold of most key players. They also added to the midfield and while the signings weren't brilliant imo, they should help add some depth and quality. 7/10

Lazio: A bit mixed, as losing Keita and Biglia was a big deal for them, but getting Nani and Lucas Leiva wasn't too bad. Keeping De Vrij was a big deal for them. However, I do feel they've weakened from last season. 5/10

Juve: Despite losing a couple of valuable players, Juve had a solid campaign getting Howedes, Matuidi, Bernadeschi and Costa. They lost quality and experience in Dani Alves and Bonucci, but they improved by getting the other names mentioned. Overall, it's hard to know exactly how much they lose and how much they gain from these signings, but there were moments it looked like it was worse than it turned out to be during the summer. 7/10

Roma: It definitely looks like Roma have weakened this summer, losing key players in Salah and Rudiger as well as great potential in Paredes. Getting Pellegrini back was a win, while Schick is exciting (but doesn't offer the guarantees Salah would have). It's at this point hard to see it as a good mercato. 4/10

Napoli: I'm neither particularly positive or negative on their mercato. There wasn't any significant activity if I'm frank so while they kept their key players, they didn't add anything to significantly help them improve. 5/10

Fiorentina: A poor market as while they added Simeone and Benassi which have some potential, they've lost at least 5 key players from their squad. 3/10

Verona: I wouldn't normally comment on them, but they've had a very active mercato with a number of really interesting signings with a balance of young talent and experience. I'm very curious about the South Korean Barcelona kid they got on loan, as well as seeing how Fossatti (ex-Milan youth player) and particularly Felicioli (Milan youth) do. Given they worked with a limited budget, they had a really good mercato. 8.5/10

Torino: The big one for Torino is obviously keeping Belotti, a massive deal for them and their fans. In addition to that, they've made some interesting signings that should provide some stability and quality and give Miha the group for him to achieve some interesting results. They've lost a couple of important players in Zappacosta and Benassi (strange he goes from captain to 3rd or 4th choice just like that), but they're one to watch out for this year. 7/10
[Image: QecPXFn.jpg]
Stronger or weaker after this summer:

Milan: +++
Inter: +
Juve: +
Napoli: same
Roma: -
Lazio: -
Fio: ---

Juve are stronger, IMO. Playing with 2 CBs leaves another spot for an attacker, and they have many attackers with class and talent. They also have Matuidi to cover the mid. Howedes can play RB, DES can play on both flanks -> their defense is solid.
Quote:Karamoh: ‘Arsenal and PSG wanted me’
Yann Karamoh reveals Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain tried to sign him from Caen but “I decided to come to Inter”.

Dodgy Inter5ow
(09-04-2017, 05:34 PM)Aficio Wrote: [ -> ]Stronger or weaker after this summer:

Milan: +++
Inter: +
Juve: +
Napoli: same
Roma: -
Lazio: -
Fio: ---

Juve are stronger, IMO. Playing with 2 CBs leaves another spot for an attacker, and they have many attackers with class and talent. They also have Matuidi to cover the mid. Howedes can play RB, DES can play on both flanks -> their defense is solid.

Personally I would flip Juve with Napoli. I think Napoli has the advantage of continuity. It is interesting to see they don't even have one new player in their starting 11.