AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
12 points off 4th. Yes, unrealistic. But I'd like to keep hope. Otherwise...what's the point of watching the games  Sagrin

I think of it this way.....I'll just take Inter as an example... IF we win our head to head match with Inter, that means that we only need to gather 9 more points then them from the other remaining 16 games. Honestly, that's not THAT unrealistic.

Obviously what makes it that much more difficult is that we would have to do that with 2 out of Lazio, Roma, Inter. Not likely, I know. But hope always dies last! Big Grin
I don't disagree nefremo, if there's still a chance, we need to try and work towards taking it. Look back to 98-99, where we looked out of the scudetto race halfway through the season and then somehow recovered to win.
I will never forget that year. 7 points behind Lazio with 7 games to go I think.
But now no Berlu to buy half of games  Grinundwech
Well, Roma is maybe putting itself away from the race ... I can't understand they're selling Emerson and more importantly Dzeko in Chelsea in January. They are still in the race for a CL spot and are still qualified after an impressive first round in CL. Really can't understand, but it could help us ...
Roma is first and foremost run like a business. It's hard to say no to a 60mil Euro offer for a soon to be 32 yr old and a left back coming from an ACL. 
It's not a bad piece of business...but of course it sucks for them that the offer came in January.

Either way, we need to take advantage of this. If they also sell Naingolan the they are completely done as a top 4 challenger.
(01-23-2018, 04:14 AM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Roma is first and foremost run like a business. It's hard to say no to a 60mil Euro offer for a soon to be 32 yr old and a left back coming from an ACL. 
It's not a bad piece of business...but of course it sucks for them that the offer came in January.

Either way, we need to take advantage of this. If they also sell Naingolan the they are completely done as a top 4 challenger.

Anyway, it's quite simple : we have to win against Lazio in Serie A. Only then, we will start to talk about Roma, Lazio, Inter.
If we do, we could realistically (but without hoping too much) think the 4th spot is reachable if the second part of the season turns good with a boost of confidence.
If we lose/draw, it's over (we have to beat one of the top 5 teams someday in Serie A !), and we'll try to qualify for EL next season ... And I think a loss against Lazio could even put a stop to that objective.
I agree that we have to beat Lazio. As a matter of fact, this second half of the season, beating Lazio, Inter and Roma is very important. Maybe by the time we get to play Roma a draw would be an ok result.....but right now, with Lazio, a draw is a terrible result and almost certainly ends all realistic and unrealisric hopes of 4th.....also because Roma and Inter are likely to win this weekend too.

Having said that, imo, the Lazio game will have no impact on our chances for 6th. The teams in the mix for that (Atalanta, Sampdoria, Fiorentina) are just as inconsistent as us.
(01-23-2018, 12:45 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that we have to beat Lazio. As a matter of fact, this second half of the season, beating Lazio, Inter and Roma is very important. Maybe by the time we get to play Roma a draw would be an ok result.....but right now, with Lazio, a draw is a terrible result and almost certainly ends all realistic and unrealisric hopes of 4th.....also because Roma and Inter are likely to win this weekend too.

Having said that, imo, the Lazio game will have no impact on our chances for 6th. The teams in the mix for that (Atalanta, Sampdoria, Fiorentina) are just as inconsistent as us.

I meant for confidence ...
We finally won after conceding the first goal (first time this season) and we finally won 2 games in a rown, which means confidence slowly comes back. A loss against Lazio and, even worse, a loss like in the start of the season could really kill any confidence for the end of the season IMO ...
Pellegri, the 16 year old wondered from Genoa who we were linked to is moving to Monaco. for 25m.