AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-03-2018, 11:14 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]That makes our win at Roma even if more valuable. ProudOkmilan
Apparently Roma has an amazing away record and a terrible home record.. Doesn't make sense but apparently they perform a lot better when travelling.
News spreading that Davide Astori has died in his sleep. Very sad. Rip
Yes ,very sad. Genoa - Cagliari is postponed because of this. Fiorentina game will be too. What will happen with other games ,our included?
Just saw the news. Indeed very sad. RIP Astori
If they're going to postpone some games then they should postpone them all. RIP Astori.. This is completely shocking news
All games are cancelled. Shocking news. I remember 5-6 years ago thinking, that maybe he will make his comeback to Milan. I bought him in so many of my FM saves. Sad sad news.
Condolences to all his friends and family. It's really sad news and comes as a shock.

He's always one I liked, as some might remember I wanted him back at Milan quite a few years back in his mid 20s. He had mistakes in him and could be rash in the challenge, but I've always rated him and consider him one best Italian cbs in circulation in the past 5-7 years. Even recently I was wondering if he was worth looking at as a backup.

As many will also be aware, I tend to keep track of how Milan youth products do even if they leave the club. In part this is because I still consider a part of Milan to be in them. In this respect, on hearing this news feels like we've lost one of our own.

I think it was right to call off today's games. Saw footage of the warm up of the early kick off and the players were clearly shaken. I think that will be the case across Italy today.

A quick word on Astori, as a footballer he was of the top level, but it says a lot about the man that he received captaincy both at Cagliari and again at Fiorentina.
RIP Sad Sad Sad
(03-04-2018, 03:40 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Condolences to all his friends and family. It's really sad news and comes as a shock.

He's always one I liked, as some might remember I wanted him back at Milan quite a few years back in his mid 20s. He had mistakes in him and could be rash in the challenge, but I've always rated him and consider him one best Italian cbs in circulation in the past 5-7 years. Even recently I was wondering if he was worth looking at as a backup.

Opposite for me. I always thought he was an average-below average CB. As a matter of fact, the bolded part (which I agree with) is the perfect explanation of why the Italian National Team has struggled in the last 10 years. When Astori was considered one of the top Italian CBs (which again, I agree that this was the case) you know that you are lacking in quality in your CB department. 

Not trying to talk him down on this sad day. Just entering the conversation. He was clearly a very disciplined and respected individual. It's very unfortunate. RIP
RIP, such a sad news Sad