AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-04-2018, 04:44 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Opposite for me. I always thought he was an average-below average CB. As a matter of fact, the bolded part (which I agree with) is the perfect explanation of why the Italian National Team has struggled in the last 10 years. When Astori was considered one of the top Italian CBs (which again, I agree that this was the case) you know that you are lacking in quality in your CB department. 

Not trying to talk him down on this sad day. Just entering the conversation. He was clearly a very disciplined and respected individual. It's very unfortunate. RIP

I somewhat agree. He had his great moments but lurking beneath somewhere, was a mistake waiting to happen. But still, the guy did well for himself and his family should be proud of him for that fact.
nefremo, it depends on perspective I think. If we're comparing him to defenders of the past, I would totally agree that he was pretty average or below. However, I think defending in the modern era hasn't been of the same level as it has in the past. I agree that him being one of the better Italian defenders around was indicative that Italian defenders haven't been of the level as they were in the past in recent years.

When in form, he was very good at the back and his biggest problem has been his lapses in concentration which lead to mistakes. However, I always considered him a decent modern defender, one who was good with the ball at his feet, he was a natural leader and for the most part was decent positionally and tactically.

I also heard Cagliari coach Diego Lopez needed medical attention after hearing about Astori due to the shock of the news. They were teammates for a couple of years and I think pretty close. Very sad news and hope he's ok.
I will always remember Astori as our youth product who even though never made it to our first team, always contribute something when his team play against us. Either it's an own goal, or red card, or else.

RIP Astori.
Transfer market to end a day before season begins in summer and winter

Also, games to be played 12/22, 12/26, and 12/30 then break till 1/20
Great move about transfer market, it was wrong the way it was
(03-05-2018, 10:33 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Transfer market to end a day before season begins in summer and winter

Also, games to be played 12/22, 12/26, and 12/30 then break till 1/20

Is the change official? Good move.
(03-06-2018, 12:47 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Is the change official? Good move.

for next season, yes

I assume it's permanent
(03-05-2018, 10:33 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Transfer market to end a day before season begins in summer and winter

Good decision.
It is reported that Cagliari and Fiorentina are going to retire No. 13 jersey.
Useless Napoli. First gifting Roma all 3 points, now held to a draw by Inter.

and killing their own season in the meantime...