AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Milan have to focus on themselves, we should not let other clubs' results attract players' attention. It should only be a valuable information for the players that achieving CL spot is a very realistic target for them.
Juve did what they do, didn't play great and amid controversy got a result. Ronaldo will do well, but I don't think he'll have similar stats to what he had in La Liga over the years.

Inter was a fun watch. Bear in mind they've lost 4 in a row (I think) against Sassuolo now, so wouldn't necessarily say it's an indicator of how their season will go, just Sassuolo is a bogey team for them.
(08-20-2018, 10:09 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Juve did what they do, didn't play great and amid controversy got a result. Ronaldo will do well, but I don't think he'll have similar stats to what he had in La Liga over the years.

Inter was a fun watch. Bear in mind they've lost 4 in a row (I think) against Sassuolo now, so wouldn't necessarily say it's an indicator of how their season will go, just Sassuolo is a bogey team for them.

Agree.

I think Ronaldo will still get 20+ in the league but i don't think he'll replicate his Madrid numbers. 

As for Inter, they also had several good chances to score, 1 in particular with Icardi that he missed from just a couple meters out. So the score could have been much different.
I agree that he won't replicate his numbers in Italy but I would say that it's more to do with the fact that Madrid is a better attacking team than Juventus than anything to do with defenses in Italy being any better than Spain. Defending in Serie A has been equally garbage over the last few years lol
(08-20-2018, 11:02 AM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]As for Inter, they also had several good chances to score, 1 in particular with Icardi that he missed from just a couple meters out. So the score could have been much different.

Sassuolo also had several missed chances... I don't see how that counts.
(08-20-2018, 12:46 PM)millinarios Wrote: [ -> ]Sassuolo also had several missed chances... I don't see how that counts.

Not saying it counts. Clearly it doesn't as Inter got 0 points and Sassuolo 3. Big Grin
My point was just to reiterate what Dev said....that Inter's loss is by no means an indication of how their season will go. They were not very good this weekend, but not like they were terrible either. That game could have ended both ways, and had it not been for Consigli and some terrible Inter finishing it would have ended in Inter's favor despite the few chances that Sassuolo had. 

I am hoping and waiting for the Inter "choke" where they end up out of the top 4, but all I'm saying is i'll wait a couple of months before I'll start celebrating something like that.
(08-20-2018, 01:43 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Not saying it counts. Clearly it doesn't as Inter got 0 points and Sassuolo 3. Big Grin
My point was just to reiterate what Dev said....that Inter's loss is by no means an indication of how their season will go. They were not very good this weekend, but not like they were terrible either. That game could have ended both ways, and had it not been for Consigli and some terrible Inter finishing it would have ended in Inter's favor despite the few chances that Sassuolo had. 

I am hoping and waiting for the Inter "choke" where they end up out of the top 4, but all I'm saying is i'll wait a couple of months before I'll start celebrating something like that.

If you put it that way then sure, they can improve during the season... But yesterday they were easily outplayed by Sassuolo on several occasions, and that's not a good sign for a Scudetto aspiring team. Their defence especially looked quite shaky.
Well there is no way that they are going to fight for the Scudetto. They might be "aspiring", but they are going to fall way short. Still, as far as we are concerned, they will be in the mix for a top 4 spot for sure.
Roma facing Atalanta and despite Pastore scoring a wonder goal after a minute, they're getting torn apart. Atalanta are missing a lot of players normally considered starters, including Papu Gomez, but they actually outstanding. That said, Roma have been a disaster, it's been nothing short of a train wreck of a half after they scored.
3-3 FT

Sounded like a great game