AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can a player be proud to have these fans ?
And why don't we hear these "ways to provoke" in all stadiums then ?

And they are not racists but make a statement speaking about how there are different races in their groups, which is by itself a racist statement ...

Stupid guys.
(09-03-2019, 09:41 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]“Hi Romelu. We are writing you on behalf of Curva Nord, yes the guys who welcomed you at your arrival in Milan.

“We are really sorry you thought that what happened in Cagliari was racist.

“You have to understand that Italy is not like many other north European countries where racism is a REAL problem.

“We understand that it could have seemed racist to you, but it is not like that.

“In Italy we use some ‘ways’ only to ‘help our teams’ and to try to make our opponents nervous, not for racism but to mess them up.

“You have to understand that in all Italian stadiums people cheer for their teams but at the same time they use to cheer against the opponents not for racism but to ‘help’ their own team.

“Please consider this attitude of Italian fans as a form of respect for the fact they are afraid of you for the goals you might score against their teams and not because they hate you or they are racist.
Icon_lol2

Of course they're not racist. That's why we hear monkey noises directed not only at Lukaku or Muntari but also at Cristiano Ronaldo and Quagliarella in stadiums all over Italy because these fans are afraid of the goals they might score against their teams.
Quote:Ismael Bennacer: Algeria star "ready to die" for AC Milan

"When I’m on the pitch I’m hungry, it’s true… I’m hungry and I want to give everything for my team because on the pitch the other 10 players in my team are like my family, they are my brothers. And I’m ready to die for my family, that’s the truth," Bennacer told Goal and DAZN.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE-R2pqojy4

Only gave the ball away once in the entire game. And even that once, it was more of a 50-50 challenge and he didn't have full control of the ball to begin with. This guy is just so aware on the ball. Such quick speed of thought so much ability to play under pressure calmly. He is only going to get better as players around him learn to trust him and to give him the ball under (almost) any situation. This guy should be touching the ball in every attack, multiple times per attack.
We finally have a player that's able to give us not only stability in the middle, but also ability to play under pressure and consistently play vertical passes to put the ball behind the opponent's midfield line (with that easily breaking and playing through the pressure). We basically have a player that's able to give us a game without misplacing the ball even once, but at the same time not only playing safe passes sideways and backwards (which actually puts the team under pressure.....Biglia anyone?). I have really high expectations for Ismael.
Boring day, so I thought I'd run through the transfer market of some the top sides in Serie A (ones that finished in the top 7 places last year, only replacing Milan (we all know about Milan's market) with Fiorentina (they had an interesting summer). 

I'm only including the more notable transfers and the Expected formation isn't quite based on what we saw in the opening 2 games of the season as I think most teams will drastically change their starting line up as all the transfers were completed and all the National Team players return. It's more or less what I myself expect to see from these teams, so I might very well be wrong on those formations and line ups. 

I hope everyone finds this useful because all the movement in the summer can be crazy and we all miss some transfers that happened. I myself watch the first several games and find myself surprised to see certain players wearing certain jerseys. 

Juventus
Notable Transfers In: De Ligt (Ajax), Danilo (Man City), Demiral (Sassuolo), Ramsey (Arsenal), Rabiot (PSG), Buffon (PSG). Romero (Genoa, but back out on loan to Genoa for a year). Higuain (Chelsea, back from loan). Pellegrini (Roma, back out on loan to Cagliari)

Notable Transfers Out: Cancelo (Man City), Spinazzola (Roma), Orsolini (sold outright to Bologna after a year loan), Kean (Everton), Barzagli (Retired)

Expected Formation (4-3-3/4-3-2-1): Szczesny - Danilo, Bonucci, De Ligt, Sandro - Pjanic, Rabiot, Ramsey - Ronaldo, Higuain, Costa (Dybala). 

Notable Players on Bench: De Sciglio, Demiral, Rugani, Chiellini (injury), Matuidi, Khedira, Can, Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Bentancour, Bernardeschi. 

*Clearly this is the top squad in the league. They should again win the title without too much difficulty. They can basically put out 2 starting 11s that will easily qualify for the Champions League. 

Napoli
Notable Transfers In: Lozano (PSV), Manolas (Roma), Elmas (Fenerbahce), Di Lorenzo (Empoli), Llorente (Tottenham)

Notable Transfers Out: Diawara (Roma), Albiol (Villareal), Verdi (Torino), Ounas (Nice), Rog (Cagliari), Chiriches (Sassuolo)

Expected Formation (4-3-3): Meret - Ghoulam, Koulibaly, Manolas, Di Lorenzo - Zielinski, Alan, Fabian Ruiz - Insigne, Callejon, Mertens

Notable Players on Bench: Hysaj, Elmas, Lozano (probably will get plenty of starts instead of 1 of Insigne/Callejon), Llorente, Milik

*As far as a first team is concerned, they can match up against Juventus just fine. They have continuity in their line up and the same manager as last year which will go a long way. They didn't need to make big changes to their starting line up, and they didn't. Where changes were needed was squad depth, and I think they failed. So, I think their problem will be depth. There is no way they'll be able to keep up with Juventus throughout the whole season. To be honest, they may even end up losing their 2nd position due to this. I don't think they had a great market. They did well to keep their starting group intact. They even improved it with Manolas and got a wild card in Lozano. But their bench is just really thin. They'll make it to the CL, but I think they may be involved in the scrap for 3rd/4th this season kind of like Inter was last year.

Inter
Notable Transfers In: Lukaku (Man Utd), Lazaro (Hertha), Barella (Cagliari), Sensi (Sassuolo), Godin (Atletico), Biraghi (Fiorentina), Sanchez (Man Utd)

Notable Transfers Out: Perisic (Bayern), Icardi (PSG), Miranda (Suning), Joao Mario (Lokomotiv Moscow), Naingolan (Cagliari), Dalbert (Fiorentina)

Expected Formation (3-5-2): Handanovic - Skriniar, Godin, D'Ambrosio - Asamoah, Sensi, Brozovic, Barella, Candreva - Lukaku, Sanchez

Notable Players on Bench: De Vrij, Ranocchia, Biraghi (could be a starter instead of Asamoah), Vecino, Gagliardini, Lazaro (I suspect Conte will use him on the right to rotate with Candreva), Politano, Lautaro

*I believe Inter has become Juventus' prime opponent this season. As I said, although Napoli's starting 11 is just as strong as any, I think Inter has more depth and quality on the bench. The addition of Conte will give them a lift. The guy has his way with motivating and getting a lot out of a squad, especially in the short term. They've also built the squad specifically to suit Conte. He's got plenty of quality and options to play exactly the type of football (and formation) he likes to. I would predict that Inter will end 2nd behind Juventus and ahead of Napoli. 

Atalanta
Notable Transfers In: Muriel (Sevilla), Arana (Sevilla), Kjaer (Sevilla), Malinovskyi (Genk)

Notable Transfers Out: Mancini (Roma)

Expected Formation (3-4-2-1): Gollini - Toloi, Djimsiti, Palomino - Hateboer/Castagne, De Roon, Freuler, Gosens - Gomez, Ilicic - Duvan Zapata

Notable Players on Bench: Masiello, Kjaer, Arana, Pasalic, Malinovskyi, Muriel, Barrow

*I don't see a 4th place repeat for them. Very underwhelming summer campaign. I thought they were going to use the influx of money and get some quality players. Instead, they did close to nothing. They kept their core group intact, and cudos to them for that. I really thought someone was going to snap up Zapata, who was again a monster vs Torino over the weekend. They play intense football, but I think the fact that they gotta play in the CL will decimate what's already a very thin squad. I don't think they have a ton of quality, but then again that was also the case last year. They operate based on intensity and tactics. I think the lack of quality (in a lot of their areas) will come to the surface this season. I still think they are a EL team, but another CL finish is just a very far stretch imo. 

Roma
Notable Transfers In: Pau Lopez (Betis), Mancini (Atalanta), Smalling (Man Utd), Zappacosta (Chelsea), Spinazzola (Juventus), Diawara (Napoli), Veretout (Fiorentina), Mkhitaryan (Arsenal), Kalinic (Atletico)

Notable Transfers Out: Manolas (Napoli), El Shaarawy (Shenhua), Shick (Leipzig), Pellegrini (Juventus), Coric (Almeria), Nzonzi (Galatasaray), Karsdorp (Feyenoord), De Rossi (Boca)

Expected Formation (4-2-3-1): Lopez - Zappacosta/Florenzi, Mancini, Fazio, Kolarov/Spinazzola - Pellegrini/Diawara, Cristante/Veretout - Perotti/Kluivert, Mkhitaryan/Zaniolo, Under - Dzeko

Notable Players on Bench: Smalling, Santon, Pastore, Kalinic

*As you can see, I had quite the trouble figuring out Roma's probable starting 11. They brought in a lot of players, and all of them at a decent quality. One thing is for sure, they have plenty of options. Not sure what to expect. I think they had a very good transfer market and addressed their needs, which was depth. I don't know if their starting 11 is improved to be honest, but I think overall they have a much better squad then last year. They got other teams' back ups to probably be their starters (Spinazzola, Zappacosta, Diawara) so who knows how it'll turn out. I happen to rate Diawara highly while I think Spinazzola is a very underrated player in general. Mkhitaryan is going to be interesting, but I don't see him lighting the league on fire. The guy has his fare share of fitness issues as well. Veretout was the stand out performer at Fiorentina and sought after player (also by us), but I don't think he'll transform Roma per say. 
All in all, I think this is a team that will be involved in the CL discussion come spring. I think they have what it takes to fight for the 4th position. I watched the Rome derby over the weekend, and Lazio seemed to me like the much better and more cohesive team...but that's to be expected as Roma has a new manager and they didn't have many of their new players playing anyway.
The biggest unknown is the manager. It's not easy to come from outside of Italy and have success right away. Maybe this will prove to be their mistake...the fact that they got someone from outside of Italy as compared to someone who knows the league and the dynamics. 

Torino
Notable Transfers In: Verdi (Napoli), Laxalt (Milan)

Notable Transfers Out: NONE

Expected Formation (3-5-2): Sirigu - Bonifazzi, Djidji, Izzo - Laxalt, Meite, Rincon, Baselli, De Silvestri - Verdi, Belotti

Notable Players on Bench: Nkolou (probably a starter instead of Djidji once/if he irons out his problems with the club), Ansaldi, Ona Aina, Berenguer, Falque, Zaza

*Torino did well to finish above a struggling 'end of season' Lazio last year and then they were lucky to be included in the EL due to our own FFP issues. However, they did nothing to improve their squad (ahead of the EL qualifiers) and were dumped out of the EL easily (based on the score). I saw the 2nd EL game vs Wolves and they weren't too bad, but again gave up goals. I also watched their game vs Atalanta and they were lucky not to be behind by several goals in the first half. They improved later on in the second half but the game was so stretched and of very low quality (good for the neutral fan though, that's for sure). Verdi will bring something different to their game as Zaza and Belotti stepped on each other's toes a lot. But anyway, I see Torino in the exact same situation at the end of this year. Somewhere around 7th/8th spot. They'll probably flirt with the EL positions again in the beginning of the year up to early spring, but unless extraordinary circumstances occur again, there is no way they'll be in there. This is going to most likely be a mid-table finish for them (probably where they belong).

Lazio
Notable Transfers In: Lazzari (SPAL), Jony (Malaga)

Notable Transfers Out: Neto (Wolves), Badelj (Fiorentina)

Expected Formation (3-5-2): Strakosha - Felipe, Acerbi, Radu - Lazzari, Milinkovic Savic, Leiva, L. Alberto, Lulic - Correa, Immobile

Notable Players on Bench: Bastos, Marusic, Parolo, Jony, Caicedo

*Nothing of note for Lazio over the summer. Lazzari is a very good player and he was more or less SPAL's best player as a RB, so they did well to sign him. But I guess their success is the fact that they kept SMS and L.Alberto. I think they'll be a nuisance to play against, but in the long term I don't see them as a big threat to the CL spots. Their depth is terrible and they are an injury away from having a mid-table season for example. Inzaghi has done wonders with this squad and cudos to him....but unless something extraordinary happens, I don't see Lazio in the top 4. I think all teams that finished above them last year (with the exception of Atalanta and Torino) improved while Lazio kind of stagnated. I think they'll finish above Torino, but I think everyone else will still be ahead of them. 

Fiorentina 
*(They didn't finish anywhere near the top half last season and as a matter of fact were in danger of being relegated going into the final game of the season, but with the new ownership they've made some moves this summer and I think it's worth taking a look at them)

Notable Transfers In: Ribery (Bayern), Pulgar (Bologna), Lirola (Sassuolo), KP Boateng (Sassuolo), Badelj (Lazio), Ghezzal (Leicester), Dalbert (Inter), Pedro (Fluminense), Dragowski (end of loan at Empoli)

Notable Transfers Out: Hugo (Palmeiras), Simeone (Cagliari), Veretout (Roma), Biraghi (Inter)

Expected Formation (4-3-3): Dragowski - Dalbert, Pezzela, Milenkovic, Lirola - Pulgar, Badelj, Benassi - Ribery, Boateng, Chiesa

Notable Players on Bench: Ceccherini, Montiel, Vlahovic, Ghezzal, Pedro

*As I mentioned above, Fiorentina was somehow, miraculously, stuck in a relegation fight on the last match day last season. I think they have a squad capable of being mentioned alongside Torino for example, so I decided to include them here. They made some interesting moves over the summer and I think they'll spend more during the winter. It's now been practically revealed that they wanted a RW and rumors say they were in touch with Milan (Suso), Inter (Politano) and Udinese (De Paul) on the last day of the transfer market. It means they have money to spend. The squad itself should allow them to be involved in the  EL conversation even after the new year.....but it all depends on how long it takes them to get rid of Montella  Devilol . The start of the season has not been promising with 2 losses out of 2 games but neither game was easy (Napoli and Genoa away). Of course, they have Juventus coming up so Montella might be gone sooner rather then later. Still, the point being is that this is a squad capable of disrupting other people's ideas regarding the EL and the fact that they have more to spend will only help their cause in January.
This year's Atalanta could be well be Sassoulo.
Balanced Inter-Udinese game......then dumbass De Paul goes on and slaps Candreva and gets himself sent off in the 40th minute. WTF are some of these players thinking? Do they have a brain at all??? Most likely just cost his team the game. If i was a teammate I'd fuking rip his heart out during half time!
A Udinese defender slapped Piatek too, but nothing happened. So, it all depends on the referee.
(09-15-2019, 12:32 AM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]A Udinese defender slapped Piatek too, but nothing happened. So, it all depends on the referee.

But still, our players can't seem to rile up opposition players to that degree and gain a considerable advantage, especially against 'small' teams.

Maybe we like to play fair and square? I don't know. Most likely like you said though, depends on the referee, and most actually hate us.
Roma leading by 4 goals. Useless Sassuolo. I hate them when they just imploded against Atalanta last season when we needed them the most.