AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do whatever but at least use protection Sagrin or else Inter primavera will become more stronger.
Juventus held to a draw by Sassoulo. Great match!!
Can't believe Lazio has won 5 in a row...
doesn't matter. if we could start our own winning streak, Lazio will eventually fade.

they play Juventus next. Time to close the gap?
I hope so. But, with the way we are playing in the final 3rd, I really don't see us going on a big winning run. We need to win 6-7 games in a row. I don't know. I am hopeful, but the reality sets in every time I watch the team. Let's see what happens in the next 2 vs Bologna and Sassuolo. Hopefully we improve in front of goal. Otherwise, no way we can expect to keep winning games by only somehow scrapping 1 goal a game.

It's also important to start winning head-to-head games with our competitors. Atalanta coming up, that has to be a win. That game is essentially worth double points. Same with Cagliari. Now, I'm fully aware that Cagliari will not stay at the top. Come, March or April, they'll be mid-table where they belong. But the fact is, they have 12-13 points more then us right now, and we need to beat them and start cutting down the gap with those close to 4th place.
(12-01-2019, 05:58 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]I hope so. But, with the way we are playing in the final 3rd, I really don't see us going on a big winning run. We need to win 6-7 games in a row. I don't know. I am hopeful, but the reality sets in every time I watch the team. Let's see what happens in the next 2 vs Bologna and Sassuolo. Hopefully we improve in front of goal. Otherwise, no way we can expect to keep winning games by only somehow scrapping 1 goal a game.

It's also important to start winning head-to-head games with our competitors. Atalanta coming up, that has to be a win. That game is essentially worth double points. Same with Cagliari. Now, I'm fully aware that Cagliari will not stay at the top. Come, March or April, they'll be mid-table where they belong. But the fact is, they have 12-13 points more then us right now, and we need to beat them and start cutting down the gap with those close to 4th place.

Same here. I still believe that it is so early that any reasonable deficit can be wiped out as long as we start a deep run. But every time when we start watching the game, I would gave up on the thought, until we miraculously score. Icon_lol2

I am still not giving up on Piatek. This is football. You don't give up until it is officially done and dusted. 

I hope that I won't jinx it, but Crespo scored only 1 goal in the first half and 25 in the second half in one season (2000-01? sometime around that). Piatek can be like Crespo too, and you never know.
Crespo had a pedigree. A proven world class player throughout many seasons and other top clubs. The fact he had a half season like that was a fluke and bad form. With Piatek, it's the opposite. At this point...the fact that he had a season like the last is a fluke. Until he shows it again, that's all it's going to be. We can hope and all that. But facts are facts. This is a guy that has only scored goals in 1 season so far. Let's not, not even in our wildest hopes and dreams, compare him to Hernan Crespo who is one of the best known CFs of the last 20-30 years. Maybe Piatek can score in the double digits at least for another 2-3 seasons. THEN, if he has an off half of a season, we can compare it to Crespo's. Big Grin
OK. I can't argue with you right now. Big Grin
Ancelloti is going to get the sack today.
https://mobile.twitter.com/acmilan/statu...5900350464

This is my club.... we might not be doing well on the pitch but this is one of the reasons we still love this club 

Bravo Milan