AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-23-2020, 12:15 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if postponing matches is the answer. Sure, you don't wanna get thousands of people all in the same place for 2 hours and risk wide spread...but then, you'd have to cancel subways, railroads, etc. Impossible.

matches should be held behind closed doors, no need to cancel the matches and people are uselessly too scared of this virus. If someone dies of the virus pls burn the dead bodies, it prevents the further spread of the virus, the Virus will die with the death of the victim.
It's just giving illusion for public how authorities are "doing something".
(02-23-2020, 01:02 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: [ -> ]matches should be held behind closed doors, no need to cancel the matches and people are uselessly too scared of this virus. If someone dies of the virus pls burn the dead bodies, it prevents the further spread of the virus, the Virus will die with the death of the victim.

Not if that victim "gave" the virus to others prior to death...and those people brought it home, and on the way home were in touch with multiple others at work, on the way to work, at the grocery store, etc, etc. Once home, kids/siblings/wife/mother/whatever gets it not knowingly and does the same the following day. The problem just multiplies and grows exponentially.

Having said all that, I agree that some of this is an overreaction. Fact remains that if you are a healthy individual, you should be fine and get over it like you do with the flu/commom cold. But also, fact remains that many individuals are not that healthy and immune, and are at high risk for complications and even death. So we have to think of those people as well. I believe they've said that spread happens like the common cold does, such as caughing and sneezing and others inhaling that one way or another. Therefore only symtematic people are likely to infect others. They are not even sure yet if touching an object "infected" by someone will spread the virus and how effective that spreading will be for the virus.
But also, fact remains that many individuals are not that healthy and immune, and are at high risk for complications and even death. So we have to think of thise people as well. 

To me, canceling games seems a bit if an overreaction. Tbis won't get resolved overnight. So, are we then likely to not see Serie A games for several weeks??
(02-23-2020, 02:24 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Not if that victim "gave" the virus to others prior to death...and those people brought it home, and on the way home were in touch with multiple others at work, on the way to work, at the grocery store, etc, etc. Once home, kids/siblings/wife/mother/whatever gets it not knowingly and does the same the following day. The problem just multiplies and grows exponentially.

Having said all that, I agree that some of this is an overreaction. Fact remains that if you are a healthy individual, you should be fine and get over it like you do with the flu/commom cold. But also, fact remains that many individuals are not that healthy and immune, and are at high risk for complications and even death. So we have to think of those people as well. I believe they've said that spread happens like the common cold does, such as caughing and sneezing and others inhaling that one way or another. Therefore only symtematic people are likely to infect others. They are not even sure yet if touching an object "infected" by someone will spread the virus and how effective that spreading will be for the virus.
But also, fact remains that many individuals are not that healthy and immune, and are at high risk for complications and even death. So we have to think of thise people as well. 

To me, canceling games seems a bit if an overreaction. Tbis won't get resolved overnight. So, are we then likely to not see Serie A games for several weeks??

any virus needs fluid to spread(saliva, blood, semen) it will die out if it sticks to inanimate objects. 

I have lived/survived in the worst-affected city of 2009 Swine flu epidemics in India which led to the death of more than 500 people in my city only (unofficial figure). People become too much skeptic about even a  simple common cold, schools were closed, malls were emptied, my mother locked me in my house for about 1 month. Hospitals were flooded with patients with the common cold, sneezing, coughing due to which people who were not even infected with swine flu contacted in hospitals from affected ones which lead to epidemic. 

We can expect Lombardi games to be held in behind closed doors, i don't think they will cancel all games in Lombardia and neighboring provinces
(02-23-2020, 02:42 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: [ -> ]any virus needs fluid to spread(saliva, blood, semen) it will die out if it sticks to inanimate objects.  Sagrin

This is not true, and it is a common misconseption among people.

Viruses CAN survive outside the body. How long that is, depends on a number of factors such as outside heat, amount of fluid on object, type of object, etc. Sometimes the virus is active/alive for only moments, sometimes minutes/hours, or even days. Not as easy to contract the virus from an object, but it IS very possible and even common. It's no coincidence people mostly get sick in the winter. It's not due to the cold weather itself (no matter what my grandma told me......cover up or you'll get sick Big Grin), but due to the fact that viruses survive better and longer in cold weather, including without a host (on an object).

Here is one article from one of the most reputable clinics in the world
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond...q-20057907
(02-23-2020, 03:59 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]This is not true, and it is a common misconseption among people.

Viruses CAN survive outside the body. How long that is, depends on a number of factors such as outside heat, amount of fluid on object, type of object, etc. Sometimes the virus is active/alive for only moments, sometimes minutes/hours, or even days. Not as easy to contract the virus from an object, but it IS very possible and even common. 

Here is one article from one of the most reputable clinics in the world
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond...q-20057907

I know this stuff, if you use disinfectants(conc. Alchohol) , viruses don't survive a moment. At least this is what I learnt in my medical lectures.
Some rumors suggest that more rounds may be cancelled..
Is there a doctor in this forum Big Grin
(02-24-2020, 09:24 AM)Reso Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a doctor in this forum Big Grin

I am a med student
(02-24-2020, 10:22 AM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: [ -> ]I am a med student

we are safe Tongue