AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Serie A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thatvwas actually scrapped based on the meeting today. So i guess that's no longer a possibility.
Top 10 = Scudetto/Europe playoff

1st round - 1st and 2nd get a bye. 3rd-10th play a playoff game to make it into the top 6 and therefore secure Europe.

2nd round, 1st and 2nd get a bye. 4th-6th (in reality, whoecer wins in the previous round) play a playoff game to decide who goes into the CL (and therefore the scudetto play off and who gets just EL)

3rd round, semifinals for the top 4 remaining

4th round, final

Bottom 10 = relegation play-out. You win, you are safe. The higher you are on the table, the more opportunities you have to play

1st round, 19th and 20th a bye (therefore less games and less chances to play out). 11th-18th play a game for the opportunity to be safe.

2nd round, 19th and 20th another bye. 15th-18th (not really, but the losers from the previous round) play a game for the opportunity to be safe.

3rd round, remaining 4 play. 2 that lose are relegated.

4th round, 2 that win from previous round, play a final game to figure out the 3rd relegated team.

All in all, that's 4 rounds. So at the very worst, you need 4 weeks to conclude the season with it being as fair as possible at this moment....and what's more important, teams will agree to this. More so then telling them they get no chance of snything as we are ending the season as it was today.
(03-10-2020, 06:35 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Thatvwas actually scrapped based on the meeting today. So i guess that's no longer a possibility.

Yea... Just saw that.
(03-10-2020, 06:43 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]Top 10 = Scudetto/Europe playoff

1st round - 1st and 2nd get a bye. 3rd-10th play a playoff game to make it into the top 6 and therefore secure Europe.

2nd round, 1st and 2nd get a bye. 4th-6th (in reality, whoecer wins in the previous round) play a playoff game to decide who goes into the CL (and therefore the scudetto play off and who gets just EL)

3rd round, semifinals for the top 4 remaining

4th round, final

Bottom 10 = relegation play-out. You win, you are safe. The higher you are on the table, the more opportunities you have to play

1st round, 19th and 20th a bye (therefore less games and less chances to play out). 11th-18th play a game for the opportunity to be safe.

2nd round, 19th and 20th another bye. 15th-18th (not really, but the losers from the previous round) play a game for the opportunity to be safe.

3rd round, remaining 4 play. 2 that lose are relegated.

4th round, 2 that win from previous round, play a final game to figure out the 3rd relegated team.

All in all, that's 4 rounds. So at the very worst, you need 4 weeks to conclude the season with it being as fair as possible at this moment....and what's more important, teams will agree to this. More so then telling them they get no chance of snything as we are ending the season as it was today.

Imagine Milan pull a 2004 Greece or 1992 Denmark.  Icon_lol2

I would be happy enough with a 1990 Argentina.   Sagrin
Haha it's silly......but it's the most fair, from all the unfair options.
Apparently, FIGS's idea of a playoff is the top 4 (scudetto) and last 4 (relegation).

BULLSHIT! If it comes to that, I hope all other sides fight that. That is the LEAST fair thing to do. Why the top 4 then? Why not just the top 3? Since realistically only those 3 can win the scudetto. If we are giving Atalanta a chance to win the Scudetto when they are -15 points from Juventus...then why not give Milan or Napoli a chance to get a crack at a CL spot when we are -12/-9 points from Atalanta?
This means that they have decided on the top 4 based on current standings. That is crazy. In my opinion, top 4 is more important than the championship in Italy due to the money involved.

Milan should fight. So should Napoli and Roma.
I think a straight playoff can be considered unfair, but it is hard to have something absolutely fair under extraordinary circumstances like this.

Perhaps they can consider something like Page Playoff System? That would mean more rounds however.
They can't come up with a system that leaves midtable teams with less to fight for than top or bottom teams. It is not even about us cause we don't deserve a good standing. The reason is that this is 12 games left not something like 4 games left, all teams have to play for something at least.
To make it worse all teams haven't even played the same amount of games.