AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-19-2018, 09:27 AM)Dublinista Wrote: [ -> ]Gigio not Gigi.

Ah pardon me then. True it makes less sense, unless Areola leaves as has been rumoured.
(07-19-2018, 09:49 AM)Nicolas Wrote: [ -> ]Ah pardon me then. True it makes less sense, unless Areola leaves as has been rumoured.

Yeah, I was referring to Donnarumma. I don't really understand why he'd want to be on the bench at this point of his career, he needs to be playing.
Bertolacci will return to Genoa, he has already said yes to the club. Preziosi counts on closing the deal before the weekend. The player will not fly with the Milan squad to the US tour

[Gazzetta dello Sport]
(07-19-2018, 11:21 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I was referring to Donnarumma. I don't really understand why he'd want to be on the bench at this point of his career, he needs to be playing.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I find it plausible that there is some sort of agreement between Milan and Donnarumma that he will be allowed to leave this summer if an appropriate bid is placed. 

To me Reina clearly didn’t come here to take Storari’s role. If he knew that he’d be a second choice keeper, it would have made more sense to stay in Napoli and duke it out with Meret. His status and salary means that he was brought here as a starter

It is odd how quiet Raiola has been during the scandalous debacle with the club being excluded by UEFA and Elliot assuming control. Normally you’d think that he would like nothing more than to twist a knife in that open wound.

I think that Fassone and Raiola has an understanding, and now Raiola has to find a suitable club for Donnarumma, problem being that he hasn’t had a convincing season and most clubs have a better goalkeeper in place, which I why I think PSG might be one of his last hopes. It might not make much sense for PSG to bring him in now, but they will be able to secure him for much less than if he blossoms next season. On top of that we don’t even know if they are interested in Donnarumma now, it all comes down to rumours that might have been leaked by Raiola.

I think that there is a good chance that we will end up with both Donnarumma and Reina meaning €30M in wages before tax this season.
Reina is here I guess for two reasons. First is that Reina is a plan B if Donnarumma leaves, and second is, if the stays, it will get more out of Donnarumma in terms of his performances, because his place is under threat because there is now equally good keeper.
But I guess he will leave eventually.

This transfer market now depends on CAS decision. All news these days or just rumours and should not take them seriously.
(07-19-2018, 08:32 AM)Joël Wrote: [ -> ]PSG, Roma + bassically every Premier League team looking to strengthen their squad.

Roma cannot get Courtois or De Gea with that money. Arsenal just got Leno, Man Utd or Chelsea will only move if they sell their keeper... Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City are fine, the rest don't have money or prestige. PSG just got Buffon, they already had Trapp/Areola and no way they will play with three goalkeepers in their squad.
(07-19-2018, 08:59 AM)Nicolas Wrote: [ -> ]I’d be outright shocked if someone buys him for more than €50M. Maybe Elliot will keep hold of him to wait for his value to increase. Maybe in 2-3 years he’ll be worth €75-100M but certainly not today.

That's my point. Since nobody will want to buy him more than 50M, we will be equally foolish to let him go for anything below that. Just let him grow here and if we want to sell, sell next year for any ridiculous fee worthy of a media sensation.
Reina is not here to be on bench, and as has been said before we are not paying that much for reserve, nor should we pay that much. I am 99% sure the plans were Donna leaving, that's why Reina transfer was done before last season ended. If somehow the plan has changed and Donna is staying I expect problems by January, even as far as Reina being sold in January.
If we didn’t have to think about money, then I’d be glad to keep Donnarumma and let him grow here. The problem is that we need to offload some players to avoid being suspended from European tournaments in 2019/2020 as well. Every penny we receive for Donnarumma will count as a profit, whereas we won’t earn anything in that regard by selling Bonucci unless someone offers more than the €42M we paid.
That is the only reason why it would make sense to offload either Donnarumma and/or Suso, they will count as pure profit in regards to FFP.

As of today I’d say that Reina is just as good if not better than Donnarumma, which is why it could make sense short-term to offload him, and reinvest some of the money in the team. He is a great talent, but at the moment we have other areas where it is more important that we reinforce the team.
If form continues like it has been Reina will be number 1 Donna on tge bench by first week of Oct