AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-29-2018, 01:39 PM)artand Wrote: [ -> ]CALDARA - BONUCCI swap is already done since days. he issue with Higuain's wages are the last obstacle.
caldara to chelsea are only media crap.

Source?
(07-29-2018, 09:23 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Chelsea offer €40 million for Caldara. So now Juve want Bonucci + €30 million for Higuain.

Juve top priority is to get rid of Higuain and get an experienced defender like Bonucci. Chelsea offer miss on both aspect so I don't see how Chelsea offer would make a difference. I believe the deal for Bonucci is more of less confirmed since Chelsea is not taking Higuain which I already expected since they didn't manage to get rid of Morata.
(07-29-2018, 01:13 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a hunch we'll see Pato back by the end of the summer

Him and Bonera are an alternative to Caldara Higuain.
lol, I suspect my post about Pato may have created a misunderstanding, let me elaborate my point a little. I'm not suggesting Pato would be the big name signing for our attack, but rather a possible squad player. Here's why:

- Pato looks desperate to return, probably because he knows Milan would be the last possible chance for him to return to the top level in Europe
- He'd surely be ok with coming as a squad player, not as an expected star
- Leo was involved in bringing him to Milan in the past
- Gattuso has played with him and knows his qualities and ability, as well as potential
- He shouldn't cost too much in terms of contract/salary (he's currently on around £1.5m). However, it depends on whether a deal can be struck with Tianjin
- He's one player who would understand the Milan environment of old (i.e. when Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Nesta etc were all playing)
- His form for Tianjin since March has been excellent
- He's been playing off the left, a position we need to reinforce
- If he's even half the player he was during his previous time with Milan, he'll be a massive improvement over Kalinic and Silva from last season
- He's still a very popular name amongst Milan fans, so his return would garner a lot of attention and possible shirt sales (with Kalinic likely to leave, the number 7 also becomes free again)

Now, based on what's suggested, there's a very realistic possibility all of Kalinic, Silva (who I don't think Mendes would want staying on the bench and depreciating in value) and Bacca will be leaving this summer. That means in attack we're left with just Cutrone. Let's say the Higuain deal goes through, I think it's fair to argue it still leaves us a forward short in the squad. Pato could potentially fill the gap at a relatively low cost. Given he's also been playing off the left in China, we could use him out wide too.

I still hold hope for Higuain and Caldara coming, Pato would be nothing more than adding squad depth and quality. I also think if Bernard and Samassekou happens, don't expect additions in midfield, I think the mercato would end with these additions (barring exceptions such as if Reina is suddenly sold):

- Strinic
- Reina
- Halilovic
- Bernard
- Higuain
- Caldara
- Pato
- Samassekou
http://dailypost.ng/2018/07/29/transfer-...lsea-move/

Juventus forward, Gonzalo Higuain has rejected AC Milan as he prefers a move to Chelsea.

The Argentina striker is on Chelsea’s summer shortlist and the Blues have held talks with Juventus about a possible transfer.

There were reports in Italy earlier this week claiming that the Serie A champions would be willing to let Higuain join AC Milan on loan for the upcoming season.

But Italian newspaper, La Stampa reports on Sunday that the 30-year-old is “not convinced” by Milan’s proposal and prefers to join Chelsea as he would like the challenge of playing in the Premier League.

According to the newspaper, the Argentina international is demanding a salary package worth £135,000 a week.
Meh.. cant really complain about people not being convinced of the Milan project despite Leonardo taking charge of transfers.. Milan management has been in shambles.. esp after the Li fiasco and with Elliot looking to sell in the near future..
(07-29-2018, 04:37 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: [ -> ]http://dailypost.ng/2018/07/29/transfer-...lsea-move/

Juventus forward, Gonzalo Higuain has rejected AC Milan as he prefers a move to Chelsea.

The Argentina striker is on Chelsea’s summer shortlist and the Blues have held talks with Juventus about a possible transfer.

There were reports in Italy earlier this week claiming that the Serie A champions would be willing to let Higuain join AC Milan on loan for the upcoming season.

But Italian newspaper, La Stampa reports on Sunday that the 30-year-old is “not convinced” by Milan’s proposal and prefers to join Chelsea as he would like the challenge of playing in the Premier League.

According to the newspaper, the Argentina international is demanding a salary package worth £135,000 a week.

Who is that source and how reliable are they? Seems like a random Nigerian website tbh
(07-29-2018, 07:56 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Who is that source and how reliable are they? Seems like a random Nigerian website tbh

They quoted La Stampa, and milannews.it also quoted from same source:

https://www.milannews.it/rassegna-stampa...ier-302988

"As reported by the newspaper La Stampa, Pipita would like to go to Premier, after playing in the Liga and in Serie A, while he is not very convinced of the hypothesis to finish at Milan on loan." (via google translate)

EDIT: Dev, you may be more familiar with this source instead
https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/29/gonzalo-h...r-7772980/
How reliable are they in UK?
Wouldn't put too much stock on Metro tbh, it's a tabloid.
Mario Mandzukic + Arturo Vidal + Mattia Caldara - the fat = Champions league .