AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-02-2018, 02:15 PM)GeoTav Wrote: [ -> ]About Higuain, he's not one of the best scorers in Serie A, he is the best goalscorer of the last 5 years in Italy (111 goals, more than anyone else). Sagrin

What is funny about Caldara coming is that last season, there was a rumour about Juventus wanting Romagnoli. I think these rumours were also there in Fébruary/March.
They would have got the next best 3 defenders of Italy all together. Finally, we have the next best 2 (I think Rugani hasn't developed like expected, he looks a bit lost sometimes on the pitch and not as solid as he should be) in Milan.

Seems like Juventus don't bother too much about the future these days. They have won 7 Scudettos in a row and are desperate to top it with another Champions League title at all costs.
(08-02-2018, 02:00 PM)Siregar Wrote: [ -> ]I really doubt we will Suso if it is still below 40 mil euros. You can say much about FFP, but if it is ONLY our concern, we won't sign Higuain. Suso's wage does not put weight on our financial expenses and the supposedly 35 mil euros of transfer fee could be covered by other players who are less important like Silva or Kalinic+Bacca+Gomez. In addition, it is not that the transfer window is closing.

I really think that our best players will remain in Milan except enormous amount of money arrives. Higuain's transfer should emphasize our project: to bring the level quality of Milan into the next stage in a short time. Selling one of our best players does not reflect that goal.

What might be a concern to me is that we lost the player who has been building strong partnership with Romagnoli. I am not upset we lost Bonucci since he is replaceable. Loosing him means the two CBs in our formation need time to produce strong defense.

I don’t follow your logic, but you do understand how club finances work in regard to FFP, right? The rules are there for you to read if you are in doubt. It seems to me like you just want to believe that which is most convenient for you. You can’t just say that our best players will remain, if the reality is that we need to sell to be able to compete in european competitions in 2019/2020. UEFA were quite clear about that, so you can’t just insist that we don’t have to sell, just because you ’really think so’, that is not how it works.
Last summer Roma had to let some of their best players leave on the cheap in order to comply with FFP, this year we probably will have to sell some as well, to balance the books.
I already once put up the basic estimates to explain why we most likely have to sell more than just Bacca, Kalinic, Gomez etc. if you missed it, here is the link: RE: Summer transfer window 2018 . 
By signing a player like Higuain, we are obviously targeting a spot in the league that qualifies us for CL in 2019/2020, and therefore you can be sure that we will do what we can to comply with FFP and not get suspended. We cannot afford to miss that opportunity with the squad that we have and the salaries we are paying, simple as that.

The logic behind us signing Higuain is solid, we wanted to get rid of Bonucci, as he didn’t inted on staying and it would be idiotic to force a player that expensive to stay at the club against his will. So we wanted a proper replacement for him, and we had to sign Higuain in order to get Caldara as a swap. We were in the market for a quality striker anyway, so even if it was slightly pricy it makes sense. 

Only thing is that we most likely have to let some of our better players leave, in order to balance the books. Andre Silva is one option, but his value has gone down quite a bit since we bought him. We signed him for €35M and his value is down to €22M. No one is going to pay more than €30M for him after last season, so we wouldn’t make a profit of more than €12M if we sold him for that FFP wise. Therefore it might be better to loan him out for a year to a club where he will play more, and wait for his value to go up before he is sold. Alternatively we could see a switch to a formation that doesn’t require wingers and play with two strikers, and in that case perhaps he will get one more year at the club.
Suso is a great player to offload if we have to let some of our starters leave. He came on a free, he has a release clause of non-italian teams anyway, and every € we get for him counts as a proft, unlike the players we bought for large fees. If we sell Suso for €35M, which is what his value is at now, we would profit €42M this year FPP wise, which makes him a much better player to sell than most of the rest.

I think people are overestimating Bonucci and Romagnoli’s partnership last year. In the league we only conceded 3 goals less in total than the year before when Romagnoli had Paletta as his partner. Caldara offers a much better upside, and potentially their partnership could be one that will last for many years. On top of that his value will likely increase over the next years, while that of Bonucci will only decline.
(08-02-2018, 02:15 PM)GeoTav Wrote: [ -> ]About Higuain, he's not one of the best scorers in Serie A, he is the best goalscorer of the last 5 years in Italy (111 goals, more than anyone else). Sagrin

What is funny about Caldara coming is that last season, there was a rumour about Juventus wanting Romagnoli. I think these rumours were also there in Fébruary/March.
They would have got the next best 3 defenders of Italy all together. Finally, we have the next best 2 (I think Rugani hasn't developed like expected, he looks a bit lost sometimes on the pitch and not as solid as he should be) in Milan.

Rugani is more Bonucci than Nesta if you ask me. He is better at long balls than defending. Ramagnoli and Caldara are exactly the type of CB we need because our mids are not protecting the defence enough and we play with 2 wingbacks so leaving us with just 2 CB. I am personally glad it's Caldara and not Rugani we got. 

I am not sure whether we would play with a 433 or 4312 next season but we would need a strong midfielder like Vidal to add bite to our MF. I am waiting to see who we can get. 

Selling Suso is just plain silly, he is one of the best on our team. He is happy to be here. He is still young and have great potential to be even better. We need to selling those dead weights on our team to recoup some money. Our squad is quite big, we are adding players without trimming enough.
(08-02-2018, 02:48 PM)hwmook Wrote: [ -> ]Selling Suso is just plain silly, he is one of the best on our team. He is happy to be here. He is still young and have great potential to be even better. We need to selling those dead weights on our team to recoup some money. Our squad is quite big, we are adding players without trimming enough.

Then who would you sell? Offloading most of the unwanted players like Kalinic, Bacca, Antonelli, Montolivo, Abate etc. will surely happen over the next weeks, but it is not enough to cover our deficit from the last years. We have no transfer budget, we just spent another €20M to loan Higuain and we still need money to sign other players this summer. Which players would you rather sell? Romagnoli? Cutrone? Donnarumma? Bonaventura? 

I’d personally rather sell Donnarumma, but it seems like there aren’t any clubs looking to splash €40M on a young goalkeeper with rough edges.
(08-02-2018, 02:48 PM)hwmook Wrote: [ -> ]Selling Suso is just plain silly, he is one of the best on our team. He is happy to be here. He is still young and have great potential to be even better. We need to selling those dead weights on our team to recoup some money. Our squad is quite big, we are adding players without trimming enough.

Go back and read Nicolas' post where he talks about Suso and it makes perfect sense.  Not everyone understands finances and that's fine but selling Suso is sensible
(08-02-2018, 02:55 PM)Nicolas Wrote: [ -> ]I’d personally rather sell Donnarumma, but it seems like there aren’t any clubs looking to splash €40M on a young goalkeeper with rough edges.

Keeping Donnarumma & Reina is going to hurt our book.  I would like to sell Donnarumma as well to make a profit and save on wages
(08-02-2018, 01:57 PM)Dublinista Wrote: [ -> ]I could see Vidal coming here if Modric goes to Inter. Wasn't he linked to us before. 

I'd like to see Pato back for another chance.

dont be surprised if the opposite happens... Modric agent will meet both Inter and Milan.
(08-02-2018, 02:59 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Keeping Donnarumma & Reina is going to hurt our book.  I would like to sell Donnarumma as well to make a profit and save on wages

not only the books. 
reina is already our first choice for the starting line up
(08-02-2018, 02:59 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Keeping Donnarumma & Reina is going to hurt our book.  I would like to sell Donnarumma as well to make a profit and save on wages

I am quite sure that the original plan was to bring Reina in, as a short term replacement for Donnarumma, perhaps with Plizzari as a potential replacement in the future. It is not so long ago that several clubs were interested in Donnarumma, but the market has changed, most clubs have their keepers in order. Donnarumma could still leave if Chelsea or Man Utd end up have to replace Courtois or De Gea, but it seems more likely that Navas or Pickford would be candidates in that case.
Donnarumma has had an awful year, he was the keeper with the most errors that led directly to a goal in the whole league with seven. He is worth €40M today, but which top club would pay that and trust him as their starter? I think there is a good chance that Donnarumma will remain at the club for a few years, and in the meantime we will be paying €19M per year in salaries to Reina and Donnrumma.
(08-02-2018, 03:11 PM)Nicolas Wrote: [ -> ]Donnarumma has had an awful year, he was the keeper with the most errors that led directly to a goal in the whole league with seven. He is worth €40M today, but which top club would pay that and trust him as their starter? I think there is a good chance that Donnarumma will remain at the club for a few years, and in the meantime we will be paying €19M per year in salaries to Reina and Donnrumma.

It's an unfortunate situation but hopefully it'll somehow workout for the best