AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-03-2018, 05:08 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Bonaventura had a good season.  Eight goals and three assists.  I think with better quality up front he can do more but he's not world class or anything

I am not satisfied with his performance as left-central midfielder last season. He is good for squad rotation duty on left flank or sometmes in midifeld if there is no better option but not for first team player especially in midfield. We have only 3 players in midfield, all of them should be very good quality.
(08-03-2018, 05:20 PM)Siregar Wrote: [ -> ]I am not satisfied with his performance as left-central midfielder last season. He is good for squad rotation duty on left flank or sometmes in midifeld if there is no better option but not for first team player especially in midfield. We have only 3 players in midfield, all of them should be very good quality.

I would change Biglia before Bonaventura
Biglia and Huguain are close friends. Maybe there is some good chemistry between them that could benefit us on the pitch.
Frankly speaking both Bonaventura and Biglia need to be benched (might not happen this season). Bonaventura is too inconsistent to rely on through the whole season and Biglia even when important to the team last season was still making too many errors to be trusted.
(08-02-2018, 12:06 AM)devoted_dm Wrote: [ -> ]It's a really great deal for us, but you do have to wonder what Juventus are doing. Ronaldo is Ronaldo, of course, but they spent over 100 million on a 33 year old player. They then let the most prolific goal scorer in Italy join their rival club on loan for 18 million while swapping one of the greatest defensive talents in Italy for a player who left them on bad terms a year ago and hasn't performed at his usual level since.

I know they're aiming for the Champions League this year, but to me they seem pretty desperate and I think they are sacrificing long-term planning for immediate success. Being good at that type of planning is exactly why they have won so much over the years. Obviously it's really early to say, but while I think they'll probably win the league again this season, I also think this summer might be remembered as the beginning of the end of this Juve era.

As for us, I am really hungry for us to play in the CL again, and with the team we have now (and possibly another good signing or two coming in), I think anything less than 4th must be considered a massive failure. The only thing that worries me is that even though everything about the new ownership and management seems really serious and professional, the lack of stability around the club this summer could cost us a bit in the first half of the season. I am (very) cautiously optimistic about this year, but we'll see...

There comes a time in every great run or reign or dynasty where it falls and you try pin point where it all went wrong.Well this is where it starts for Juve.The obsession with the UCL is what is going to make them fail in their quest.
(08-03-2018, 08:13 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]There comes a time in every great run or reign or dynasty where it falls and you try pin point where it all went wrong.Well this is where it starts for Juve.The obsession with the UCL is what is going to make them fail in their quest.

Well said

Football goes in cycles
Well Kovacic + Bernard would be one fantastic way to close out this mercato.
Let's not forget we have Halilovic who could surprise us all. The kid was supposed to be the heir to xavi/iniesta at Barcelona but never lived up to it. He could be a late bloomer, or another Bojan but it's exciting to find out since he was free anyways.
i'd sell bonaventura and get another LCM. he is not relaible as a starter anymore.
So who wants to take a guess as to which two players we sell out of Kalinic, Bacca, and Silva?
(08-03-2018, 10:59 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]So who wants to take a guess as to which two players we sell out of Kalinic, Bacca, and Silva?

None...maybe Bacca to Villarreal in the end.No one will pay for Kaliniv or Silva.Loan yes with option doubt they even obligate to sign them