AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-05-2018, 03:14 PM)millinarios Wrote: [ -> ]I trust them too... However I'm really concerned about Gattuso. Would be much more relaxed with Conte, as he has proven experience with handling big name players. Gattuso just can't slap Higuain or SMS in the face if we lose. Maybe keep him as an assistant to Conte, but having him leading this project seems too much risky.

I really think he has enough character to slap anyone,no matter what is the name. Actually I think Gattuso looks very nervous on the pitch, moves a lot,is probably going to die from a heart attack someday on the bench (he should calm down a little sometimes and just take a breath), but from what say all the players, he is close from them.

I would also want to add that we can't change evrything at the same time ... especially the ones who did well. The players are behind Gattuso. Replacing him during the summer would have been terrible I think.

PS : We can't have only coaches who've been successful in other big clubs before ... Even the other big clubs take coaches who are unproven with big names (Valverde, Zidane, Lopetegui, Sarri, Allegri when arrived in Milan, ...).
(08-05-2018, 02:45 PM)hwmook Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand the plan to make FFP work, we should still be "paying" for last season spending so how can we afford to spend so much more without selling?

At this point I give up on FFP.What I am sure of is whatever we spend on whoever , it's all good as Elliot are not going out us financial ruin
(08-05-2018, 03:38 PM)GeoTav Wrote: [ -> ]I really think he has enough character to slap anyone,no matter what is the name. Actually I think Gattuso looks very nervous on the pitch, moves a lot,is probably going to die from a heart attack someday on the bench (he should calm down a little sometimes and just take a breath), but from what say all the players, he is close from them.

I would also want to add that we can't change evrything at the same time ... especially the ones who did well. The players are behind Gattuso. Replacing him during the summer would have been terrible I think.

PS : We can't have only coaches who've been successful in other big clubs before ... Even the other big clubs take coaches who are unproven with big names (Valverde, Zidane, Lopetegui, Sarri, Allegri when arrived in Milan, ...).

I can see why some would prefer to give Gattuso a chance... However, as I see it, he was appointed to be the caretaker to finish up last season, and while he did fine, from my view he did not do anything extraordinary. With the big changes in ownership and management this summer, I just don't see his role in this new project justified. He should return to the role he did before, and let someone with proven experience handle the most important aspect of this team. With expensive signings arriving this summer, it would also make sense for Elliott to not make a gamble on the coach role, and somebody like Conte would bring certain guarantees. We had too many problems with unexperienced coaches in Milan lately.

The players will be behind Conte if Elliott appoints him. It is their job to do so.
I see that Cassano is available.  Devilol
The coach is, and was, always the least of our problems.
(08-05-2018, 05:48 PM)millinarios Wrote: [ -> ]I can see why some would prefer to give Gattuso a chance... However, as I see it, he was appointed to be the caretaker to finish up last season, and while he did fine, from my view he did not do anything extraordinary. With the big changes in ownership and management this summer, I just don't see his role in this new project justified. He should return to the role he did before, and let someone with proven experience handle the most important aspect of this team. With expensive signings arriving this summer, it would also make sense for Elliott to not make a gamble on the coach role, and somebody like Conte would bring certain guarantees. We had too many problems with unexperienced coaches in Milan lately.

The players will be behind Conte if Elliott appoints him. It is their job to do so.

What is so great about a manager who manage to run the English champions until a 5th place finish and with a much stronger and expensive team than ours. I do not trust Conte more than Gattuso, I rather let Gattuso run this team since most of the players speak well of him. He is a hard working dude who will whip this team into shape, let's give him one full season and see what he would do.
(08-06-2018, 12:15 AM)hwmook Wrote: [ -> ]What is so great about a manager who manage to run the English champions until a 5th place finish and with a much stronger and expensive team than ours. I do not trust Conte more than Gattuso, I rather let Gattuso run this team since most of the players speak well of him. He is a hard working dude who will whip this team into shape, let's give him one full season and see what he would do.

this! For a change, we've got a coach who has all the players behind him. He works hard, the players listen and respect him. Why do we want to get rid of him?
We had 11 wins, 6 draws, 2 losses second half of the season. Bettered only by Napoli and Juventus.
We had Roma, Lazio, and Inter with less points than us. What killed us was the first half(under Montella).
                M      W      D     L     D      PT
1st half     19      7       4     8     -3      25     - 11th place
2nd half    19      11     6     2     17      39     - 3rd place
(08-05-2018, 06:20 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]I see that Cassano is available.  Devilol

I hope someone signs him
(08-05-2018, 05:48 PM)millinarios Wrote: [ -> ]I can see why some would prefer to give Gattuso a chance... However, as I see it, he was appointed to be the caretaker to finish up last season, and while he did fine, from my view he did not do anything extraordinary. With the big changes in ownership and management this summer, I just don't see his role in this new project justified. He should return to the role he did before, and let someone with proven experience handle the most important aspect of this team. With expensive signings arriving this summer, it would also make sense for Elliott to not make a gamble on the coach role, and somebody like Conte would bring certain guarantees. We had too many problems with unexperienced coaches in Milan lately.

You do realize he took over a team half way through the season during a terribly rough time, both in the way the team was playing & management/finances were in shambles. He really didn't have the resources to do 'extraordinary things', but to me I think what he did do (having only been bettered by Napoli & Juve based on results) is phenomenal. 

Not only that, but every high caliber player has spoken nothing but highly of Gattuso. Before Juventus gave Conte a chance he wasn't as highly regarded either. We don't need Conte right now, I hope we make Gattuso better than him.
(08-06-2018, 03:48 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]You do realize he took over a team half way through the season during a terribly rough time, both in the way the team was playing & management/finances were in shambles. He really didn't have the resources to do 'extraordinary things', but to me I think what he did do (having only been bettered by Napoli & Juve based on results) is phenomenal. 

Not only that, but every high caliber player has spoken nothing but highly of Gattuso. Before Juventus gave Conte a chance he wasn't as highly regarded either. We don't need Conte right now, I hope we make Gattuso better than him.

Everyone can have a lucky string of results once in a while, and remember even Montella seemed okay the season before, only to turn into disaster in the next one. I personally was never satisfied with our way of playing. As for Conte, I'm not a huge fan of his, but even his win percentage with Bari and Siena (before Juventus) is better than anything Gattuso could produce so far in any team. I really doubt he will be still our coach one year from now.