AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Size i no issue imo. Some of the best players of our generation didn't have size.

Anyhow, I agree with you that Bernard will actually be a good signing. The only thing I can think of is if Mirabelli agreed a crazy agent fee or something like that.

Rumors are now flying around that Mirabelli will be replaced. I don't think anyone would object to it at this point.
Torreira's move from Sampdoria to Napoli have collapsed says his agent. Has a €25 million release clause.
Yes please. Get rid of Biglia and let Torreira and Locatelli fight it out for that position.

Biglia has been trash. He was supposed to be the midfield signing that was going to put our midfield back on track. Instead, our midfield is as clueless as it's been the last 5-6 years
Theyve bombed , totally.Fassone & Mirabelli have failed to improve an area on what we had last year.Will these players play better next year ? I dont know.They might , they might not.But as of now everything from our new owners to our new management to our new players its all been massively disappointing.
To be honest, I am still not sure why Fassone and Mirabelli were even picked by this new management to begin with. Fassone had some experience at Inter running the team, but they were hardly the most well run team in the world or anything. And Mirabelli was a scout who never had a position this high before. Since the new ownership was never going to be very hands on, unlike early Berlu, it was critical for them to hire very capable of running the show on their own. And I am not sure why they thought those two were the right candidates for the position. Hindsight is obviously 20/20, and I am not saying I could've seen this coming, just the logic behind the hiring kind of baffles me.
They blew the one chance we had to invest.As you hindsight but that quarter of a billion is waisted as we stand now.Its clear UEFA will not ignore Milan nor be kind to them and we will be fined and will be sanctioned.So it gets even harder.
Knowing how far we are off 4th spot and watching teams like Liverpool makes it look impossible to get back to an elite club.Im not suggesting Liverpool are , as when Real & Barca come knocking Salah/Firmino/Mane will want to go.

But we're so far off this level its scary.

China Boyz 2017/18 one of the worst failures in football History.We may not even make the EL...which may not be a bad thing.
I don't think we are in as bad a situation as some of the fans are saying. While Fassobelli must take big blame they cannot be blamed entirely. And neither are we in such a bad situation. While rebuilding a squad from scratch teething troubles are too be expected.

Look at the English clubs, even the top 6, who spend so much every year and fail to get good results. It's a part of the process.
(04-25-2018, 08:05 AM)somedevil Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we are in as bad a situation as some of the fans are saying. While Fassobelli must take big blame they cannot be blamed entirely. And neither are we in such a bad situation. While rebuilding a squad from scratch teething troubles are too be expected.

Look at the English clubs, even the top 6, who spend so much every year and fail to get good results. It's a part of the process.

These English clubs can spend like that year in and year out.And none of the clubs that expected Champions League as a minimun spent quarter of a billion.Theres only a handful of teams that have ever spent more than Milan did last summer.This isnt part of a process , this is a total utter failure.I dont see anyone thats in power at this Milan suddenly coming good.The seasons been a disaster top to bottom.

I think youre overlooking what has happened.Its not teething problems.Man City wanting to win the league in the secind season after their takeover but only naking UCL thats a teething problem.
Milan wanting no needing to banking on making the Champions League but failing and falling foul of FFP and facing sanctions fines limited spending a reduced squad size  and seing all the new signings disappoint with a lot of them being awful thats a disaster.
Fans often forget that the team was utter shit and beyond repair that it is not possible to be fixed for only a mere 220M.
(04-25-2018, 02:14 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: [ -> ]Fans often forget that the team was utter shit and beyond repair that it is not possible to be fixed for only a mere 220M.

yet we're WORSE than before