AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I couldnt stop laughing wheni saw Romarinho.. Romario + Ronaldinho...
Agree with everything said about Benzema. He's a good player but he's clearly unmotivated and doesn't care. He's won almost everything & his only saving quality is his mentality. When you've won that much and played so consistently at a high level like he has at Madrid, you are a big game player. I still qualify him as a capable 'big game' player, but how many of those are we going to have in the next couple years? He's the type of player we buy when we're well established and can afford to have 50m sitting on the bench.
Milan are reportedly planning a triple swoop for Mario Mandzukic, Marouane Fellaini and Keita Balde Diao this summer.
According to Corriere dello Sport, Mandzukic is the ideal striker for Milan boss Gennaro Gattuso and recently rejected a move to China, while Juventus are demanding €20-25m for the Croat.
In midfield, Tuttosport believes the Rossoneri are mulling over Fellaini, whose contract with Manchester United expires in June, although the club will face competition due to his impending Bosman status.

Finally, Gazzetta dello Sport expects the Diavolo to offer the misfiring Andre Silva to Monaco with the intention of receiving Keita in exchange.

The former Lazio winger has impressed in France, scoring eight goals and assisting 11, but Monaco may be prepared to sacrifice the 23-year-old for Silva, whose agent Jorge Mendes has close links with the principality side.

-------------------------------------------------
Im okay with Mandzukic but not as our new CF this big name theyre talking about.Hes 32 & 22 goals in near 100 Serie A games is a poor return for a forward In Italys dominant team.Even with being played out of position.

Fellaini F**k off

Keita for Silva ...Id take it , Keita hasnt been great at Monaco but he's done better than Silva has in Italy.He knows Serie A very well also.
How about Keita + Falcao for Silva?
The real question....is Monaco stupid?

Anyway, you never know. Monaco takes chances on players they can later sell for big money. Maybe they've realized that Keita won't be that and Falcao is already old. 
Silva does have the potential though. It's not out of the question that he scores 25+ goals in France if played consistently. I can then easily see a PL team shelling out 80+mil for him in a couple years.

Mandzukic is a great player. Problem is he doesn't solve any of our problems. We need a great goalscorers, pace, dribbling/1v1/verticality, and creativity. Not saying all of these will come from 1 player obviously....but Mandzukic doesn't quite check any of those boxes.

Fellaini.....NO. Even though I think he's underrated and not a bad player by any means. Like Mandzukic though, he solves none of our needs and we don't have the luxury of paying big fees/wages for these guys to just strengthen the squad. We need 3 starters first and foremost.
Fellaini is surely a joke. It would be a complete nonesensical transfer to get him.

I'm not keen on Mandzukic, in part because of what nefremo said, he ticks no boxes for us.

Keita Balde Diao is a player I like, I've not hid my admiration of him and wanted him last summer. However, I'm not totally sure on him right now, for the same reasons I'm not totally sure with either Depay or Berardi. We need players who bring guarantees, none of these guys give that. What's interesting with Keita is this season he seems to be performing at his best from the left, rather than as CF as he did at Lazio.

I do like the idea of getting a double deal of Keita and Falcao though for Silva. I would assume Keita and Silva would effectively be a swap, whereas we'd need to put more on top for Falcao. For his part, Falcao's an excellent goalscorer and is proven everywhere he's been other than in England. He's also got a penchant for scoring from crosses, which we deliver a lot! Therefore, despite ageing I think he could serve us well. Monaco also get a replacement in the form of Silva.

edit: nefremo, the reason this rumour about Silva and Monaco is happening is Jorge Mendes has a good relationship with them.
screw fellaini, he earns 5m p.a at ManU. added to this, he would add nothing to our game. has no creativity.
it depends again on the formation if we need a LW like Balde. if we play 4-3-1-2 , than we would need no LW but another CF or SS.
Those three won't lift us more than 1 spot. Sure a needed position, LW, is among them but that's the only positive, I don't think Keita is that good to make an impact.
Mandzukic just doesnt score enough.67 goals in the last 7 seasons while playing for Bayern Atletico & Juve is pretty average when hes played an average of 30 games in the league in each season.Hes a had worker but as hes got older his goals return has got smaller he simply wont cut it for us.Hos best ever return was 18 & he that was 6 years ago.

Fellaini = Shite

Keita fair enough
Give me Keita with a better striker and midfielder
Fellaini must be the most misunderstood player in professional soccer. Every coach he has loves him, and the fans who watch the games cannot understand why. Personally, I always thought he would be a much better CB than midfielder. With his size, aerial ability, athleticism and the fact that he can barely dribble or pass, he'd be a much better fit in defense, but what do i know.

Keita would be a good get for this team. I know he isn't the world class winger we need, but we don't really have a way of getting a player of that caliber to begin with. Keita has Serie A experience, is an actual winger, has pace, dribbling skills and most importantly has some positional versatility if we want to play with two strikers as well. If we can get him, we shouldn't really hesitate at all.

Mandzukic is one of those Galliani ass backwards moves to me. Whether you think he is a good player or not, paying good money for a 32 year old is a guarantee to be bad business. On top of that, the guy isn't a clinical striker and we don't know what he would look like with poor midfielder support considering he has been playing for Juve, Bayern and Atletico. He could very easily turn into another Kalinic and lord knows we can't afford to spend 50M on two Kalinics.