AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Milan vs. Inter 3/4/18 (postponed to April 4 18:30)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
excited and will be watching. forza milan fellas
(03-03-2018, 06:59 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Gattuso can scold his players in the locker room or even disciplining them on the training pitch (the latter is getting trickier as well these days thanks to omnipresent media), but he is doing the right thing by protecting them in public.

And "protecting" is when player constantly ,from game to game misses crucial chances and costs your team lot of points and you keep giving him time on the field again and again?
There are reports all Serie A matches this round will be postponed due to the tragic death of Fiorentina captain Davide Astori.

https://www.football-italia.net/118045/f...stori-dead

Astori was owned by Milan from 2001 to 2008.

Rest in peace.
Its postponed.
Doesn't mean to be disrespectful, especially to one of our brightest youth product; but the timing could not be worse.
(03-04-2018, 01:17 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't mean to be disrespectful, especially to one of our brightest youth product; but the timing could not be worse.

If anything, I disagree. We've been playing a game every 3 days for the last three weeks. Having a slight break in between our games will actually help our team. Gattuso may have been saying that fatigue was all in the mind, but when you've been on as tough a stretch of games as long as we've been, even I was slightly worried that we wouldn't be able to perform to the best of our abilities because of tired legs.

Not to mention it's not like Merda are going to bounce back against the likes of Napoli (next week) or Sampdoria (the week after) whilst we'll be playing Genoa and Chievo. Given how much hype there was in our match, even as confident as I was going into it, there was always that inkling of worry that fortune favors the underdogs.  Think about it this way, by the time we actually face them we might already be ahead of them in the table.

No disrespect to Astori, but I feel like this may have been a blessing in disguise, specially if it means we'll be going into the EL game fresh and ready.

In any case. RIP Astori. I remember and respected him in his time as a Primavera talent for our club.
Was obviously really looking forward to today....but it's the right thing to call off the games, especially when this happened on the morning of. 

Rip Astori
If I'm not mistaken, Astori is our best youth product central defender since Billy.
Absolutely the right call to postpone the match Imo, some things are bigger than the sport.

I also agree, Astori has been the most successful and best CB to come from our academy since Costacurta back in the 80s
Football-Italia states that the possible date to replay this game is May 9th, which will postpone the Copa Italia Final to after May 20th (last matchday of the season).

This will make the derby so much more important as obviously things can be so much different in the table at that stage, and there will only be 2 games left after the derby.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14