AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: FC Viktoria Plzeň vs AC Milan (20:45, December 6, 2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The crucial CL match is on Tuesday. By opening this match thread, I am running at serious risk of having tomatoes and eggs thrown at me by angry MM members at the end of the game if the result doesn't go our way. Grinundwech

About the time, UEFA.com says that the game starts at 20:45, so that must be it. I went to check as I thought it could be something like 18:00; an Eastern European team's home match could be played early due to different time zone and temperature concern, but I figure that it is now the last round so both games must be played at the same time for fairness concern.

I will for sure watch it and hope for another win, for Italy's coefficient sake. But if Allegri decides to throw the game away, I will happily support his decision. I would rather he do that than playing the key players AND have them injured AND lose the game (like what we did last season against Ajax - what a stupid game! Angry)

I am not Allegri, but I think we should play whoever is not going to play in the next Serie A game at Bologna.

Neither Pippo Inzaghi nor El Shaarawy is registered for CL (this stage), so for sure we won't see them on Tuesday.

FORZA MILAN. 3bandiera
(12-03-2011, 05:39 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]The crucial CL match is on Tuesday. By opening this match thread, I am running at serious risk of having tomatoes and eggs thrown at me by angry MM members at the end of the game if the result doesn't go our way. Grinundwech

About the time, UEFA.com says that the game starts at 20:45, so that must be it. I went to check as I thought it could be something like 18:00; an Eastern European team's home match could be played early due to different time zone and temperature concern, but I figure that it is now the last round so both games must be played at the same time for fairness concern.

I will for sure watch it and hope for another win, for Italy's coefficient sake. But if Allegri decides to throw the game away, I will happily support his decision. I would rather he do that than playing the key players AND have them injured AND lose the game (like what we did last season against Ajax - what a stupid game! Angry)

I am not Allegri, but I think we should play whoever is not going to play in the next Serie A game at Bologna.

Neither Pippo Inzaghi nor El Shaarawy is registered for CL (this stage), so for sure we won't see them on Tuesday.

FORZA MILAN. 3bandiera

actually, Czech Republic is in the same timezone as Italy. it is more Central European and not at all Eastern.
(12-03-2011, 07:11 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2011, 05:39 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]The crucial CL match is on Tuesday. By opening this match thread, I am running at serious risk of having tomatoes and eggs thrown at me by angry MM members at the end of the game if the result doesn't go our way. Grinundwech

FORZA MILAN. 3bandiera

actually, Czech Republic is in the same timezone as Italy. it is more Central European and not at all Eastern.

Oh thanks for the clarification. I assumed. Blush
TMW reports that Cristante (born in 1995) will be called up by Allegri for this game, as well as Kingsley Boateng if he is fit.

It probably means we won't send our best squad on the pitch ...

I will disagree by principle with that because I always complain about the way the other Italian teams play in Europe and especially in Europa League (bad for the Italian coefficient), but if this "B team" is able to win, then let's send this "B team" ...
It isn't worth risking our crucial players though, the group is already settled. I want to see Ely playing this game.
Aquilani suspended for Plzen. So we'll have him fresh for the coming match against Bologna. Kingsly Boateng an injury doubt for the match. I too want to see our youngsters called up to this match. Allegri can test the waters and see what sort of players can be soon called up to the first team Smile
According to Capo Ultra (one of the most informed Milanistas) on another Milan forum, this game is not totally meaningless. let me quote his post here:

Quote:This match is not entirely meaningless - at least not if we want to be in pot 1 next year.
Shakhtar Donetsk are thankfully out, so we have already surpassed them by qualifying to the knockout rounds. That means we're currently no. 11 in Europe, and as you know, we need to get into the top 8 to be in pot 1. Lyon seems out of our reach, seeing as they will probably gain a lot of points by playing in the Europa League, so we have to hope that Arsenal and Liverpool don't finish in top 4 in the Premier League. And Inter can't finish in top 3 in Serie A.
If we beat Plzen then we will only be 4 points behind Liverpool (because of the bonus), which means that if we make it to the quarterfinals, then we will have surpassed them. If that happens then we "only" need Arsenal to finish outside of top 4 and Inter outside of top 3 in their respective national leagues to be in pot 1 next year.
However, if we get knocked out in the round of 16, then Benfica, Marseille and Valencia might surpass us.

This game is a good timing for taiwo and mexes to gain some game readyness.our summer backline purchase has not performed yet.
Big point in EL is always stupid, other sports' points associate with money, golf, tennis, you name it.

In the long run it's good to gain points, for pot 1 of next season we'd better loan some quality players to Spurs.
(12-04-2011, 07:18 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]According to Capo Ultra (one of the most informed Milanistas) on another Milan forum, this game is not totally meaningless. let me quote his post here:

Quote:This match is not entirely meaningless - at least not if we want to be in pot 1 next year.
Shakhtar Donetsk are thankfully out, so we have already surpassed them by qualifying to the knockout rounds. That means we're currently no. 11 in Europe, and as you know, we need to get into the top 8 to be in pot 1. Lyon seems out of our reach, seeing as they will probably gain a lot of points by playing in the Europa League, so we have to hope that Arsenal and Liverpool don't finish in top 4 in the Premier League. And Inter can't finish in top 3 in Serie A.
If we beat Plzen then we will only be 4 points behind Liverpool (because of the bonus), which means that if we make it to the quarterfinals, then we will have surpassed them. If that happens then we "only" need Arsenal to finish outside of top 4 and Inter outside of top 3 in their respective national leagues to be in pot 1 next year.
However, if we get knocked out in the round of 16, then Benfica, Marseille and Valencia might surpass us.

Personally, with the current UEFA format, being in Pot 1 does not increase the chance to be in an easier group. I would rather to have Milan to face teams like Barca, Real, ManU and Bayern in the group stages than in the first knock out round.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7