AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter Mercato 2018-2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't follow world football anymore, how can city and psg get away with hundred mil spendings just on 1-2 players and walk free from UEFA?
Why Milan didn't do what psg and city did?
I mean, we have a company that played a whole country (argentine) singlehandedly AFAIK
Football isn't Football since 2009 anymore. Uts just business. A deadwood of player costs at least 40 mil. nowadays. With some 100 mil Berlusconi built the winning Milan 2002, that lasted until 2012. For that money you can only get Milinkovic - Savic today
(01-24-2019, 03:25 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]We can afford the transfer fee in terms of cash. I am absolutely sure of thay. What we can't afford is the huge hit it'll be on our financial statements. Add that to his huge salary and it's a recipe for a disaster with UEFA. we are barely breaiking 200M in revenue. That's horrible.

In any case....it's completely bs imo. No way a transfer like this is feasable for us at the moment.

I didnt mean we dont have the cash to sign him, more of the FFP issues of expenditure and income.. with his talent, age and potential.. he could literally go do many other elite club and earn outrageous salary.. no way he would even consider the best we could offer..
(01-24-2019, 12:27 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: [ -> ]Tuttosport mentions Dennis Praet from Sampdoria. Haven't seen him much, but is supposed to be good. But then I'm looking at stats that show he scores 1 goal per season (in Serie A). Not that impressive for an attacking midfielder. 2 matches for Belgium national team, the first one way back in 2014.

I feel he'd be a good sub but definitely not first team player
PSG and Man City can get away with spending hundreds of millions because their revenue is much higher. Whether those are real revenue or fake ones, they factor into the FFP calculations anyway. Read somewhere that Milan had seen the slowest revenue growth in the last ten years among all European elite clubs. That is why we have had so many financial issues with the FFP. At this stage, we simply cannot compete with the European elites any more. Not until we fix our financial issues at least. This is one of the reasons why i liked the Gazidis hire so much. The guy knows how to run a team and make it profitable, and that is exactly what we need to fix our problems moving forward.

I think we as a fan base really need to stop comparing player prices with what they were 10, 20 years ago. With all the new TV contracts that were signed, soccer clubs nowadays attract more revenue than they ever have. As a result, player prices will move up as well, especially the premium players who can both deliver on the field and help TV ratings. We can sit here and keep talk about how Berlu used to build dynasties with less money, but that's just old man yelling at clouds. We have to work with the environment that we are in.
Our growth in revenue for the past 10 years was 2% while Inter's was 66%. Talk about mismanagement...

https://www.football-italia.net/133692/m...h-stagnant
Official: Stefan Simic joins Frosinone for the rest of season on a dry loan with no option to buy.
Sky: Antonio Donnarumma's transfer to Olympiacos have been blocked by Milan for the moment as Reina has a muscular problem that will keep him out for two weeks. We'll see if Milan allow him to leave by the end of the market
New names mentioned today: Aurélien Tchouaméni (Bordeaux) and Gerard Deulofeu (Watford).

Don't know Tchouaméni, but is a talented 19 year old midfielder who's got a lot of youth international matches for France.
Deulofeu? Not a big fan if him returning, I'd like us to aim higher.
Milan are trying to maintain the relationship with Carrasco's entourage, but at the moment, the deal remains difficult. Elliott would not allow the salary + the Chinese side wants €40m.